Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Parking Revenue Streams

Status
Not open for further replies.

mesuita

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am a one month old newbie to domain names investing. Since I don't have much money to invest, I am trying to do my research carefully before jumping in with both feet. I want to generate monthly revenue, so parking seems to be the way to go. I have read where the adult and gaming niches pay the most in traffic clicks. What other categories pay the high revenues in traffic parking? Thanks for your help.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How do you expect to get traffic to your domains, before you ask which sort to use?

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am a one month old newbie to domain names investing. Since I don't have much money to invest, I am trying to do my research carefully before jumping in with both feet. I want to generate monthly revenue, so parking seems to be the way to go. I have read where the adult and gaming niches pay the most in traffic clicks. What other categories pay the high revenues in traffic parking? Thanks for your help.

Adult doesn't pay well - you need massive traffic to make anything significant at ppc.

Legal names pay well, hosting names, finance, some real estate niches....

I assume you want to know what niches are profitable, and then buy names with existing traffic in those niches? Don't think that you can just reg names ane they will get traffic - for parking, you need names that get natural traffic or residual traffic from a pre-existing website.

accomatic

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Finding a domain that gets real type-in traffic is not a simple task. Actually I think this is almost impossible for an unexperienced domainer.

You can see what's profitable by checking any AdSense Top Paying Keywords kind of list. PM me and I'll send you one.

mesuita

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Obviously from your comments, I have lots to learn before jumping in to buying. Sounds like getting traffic is the key to ppc monthly revenue parking. I thought if I registered some good type-ins, that I would get clicks. Sounds like I am not ready to retire from my day job yet... What do you mean by natural traffic or residual traffic? I really appreciate your comments.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is very difficult to to find fresh names available to register, that will draw any significant traffic. On the other hand the most generic names, or domains that were previously developped with expired traffic may fetch revenue.
Your best bet is to look on the aftermarket for revenue domains.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Natural traffic is traffic that comes from people typing the domain name (inc extension) directly into the address bar, instead of going through a search engine. These are 'type-ins', and are regarded as the top of the traffic tree. It's very hard to find these type of names to hand reg nowadays.

Residual traffic, is traffic that comes from a previous website. People maybe still expecting the old website to be there. Or from back-links to the previous site.

mesuita

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you type-in a "keyword" in Google using quotes, does that number represent the number of type-ins people have searched in the last month for that keyword? If so, what amount is considered a good amount?

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you type-in a "keyword" in Google using quotes, does that number represent the number of type-ins people have searched in the last month for that keyword? If so, what amount is considered a good amount?

No. It represents the number of times the "keyword" appears on websites - to find out the(approximate) number of searches of a keyword, use overture - http://estibot.com/overture.php - if you put in a keyword, it will return results for the previous month. Use keyword and the extension to find type-in traffic names, ie, keyword.com

It's not exact by any means, but it'll give you an idea.

mesuita

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow, what a neat tool! Thanks for the Estibot link. What do you consider is a good traffic number when searching for high traffic keywords? Also on Estibot, do you want its number of ads to be low, meaning fewer competition?

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Develop, develop and develop!!!

Find a niche you know well and either buy an OK domain though a secondary market (Sedo, here, TDNAM, etc..) or find a domain that really matches your niche, if it's really good then you should be OK with a .org, .net, .us, or .info. Don't spend too much on a domain (expect to "lose" this money for several months).

Developt it and put ads on it though Adsense. Get at least 2-5 pages of good and original content. Also, if you have friends and are looking to sell the domain / site for a profit down the road, and they know the niche well, many will be willing to help you out and write articles for a % of the selling price (I'm offering 5% to one friend of mine) or even something as simple as a case of beer.

Tweak and optomize it for search engines and ad revenue. When it is done, get another domain and build it up from there. Rinse and repeat.

mesuita

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well said. I am going to start working in that direction. My first step is to read, read, read everything I can find to gleam a thimble full of knowledge before I take the plunge.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is very difficult to to find fresh names available to register, that will draw any significant traffic. On the other hand the most generic names, or domains that were previously developped with expired traffic may fetch revenue.
Your best bet is to look on the aftermarket for revenue domains.

Very difficult yes, impossible no. Two days ago I registered a new domain, which is receiving traffic and clicks. No not easy at all.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My first step is to read, read, read everything I can find to gleam a thimble full of knowledge before I take the plunge.

The correct process is:

Read, read, read, pratice, read, read, read, pratice. When you think you know enough, go back and start reading over again. :smilewinkgrin:

Fully read though your resources (this forum is a great one) 2-3 times, take notes, pratice, play with different layouts etc..

It will be a very long trial and error. I've been doing it for over a year now and I'm just starting to have a couple of domains that will pay for their reg fees (too bad that's <5% of my domains, though).

stock_post

JewelryRelated.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The correct process is:

Read, read, read, pratice, read, read, read, pratice. When you think you know enough, go back and start reading over again. :smilewinkgrin:

Fully read though your resources (this forum is a great one) 2-3 times, take notes, pratice, play with different layouts etc..

It will be a very long trial and error. I've been doing it for over a year now and I'm just starting to have a couple of domains that will pay for their reg fees (too bad that's <5% of my domains, though).

I am in your boat as well
live and learn

EstiBot.com

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Also on Estibot, do you want its number of ads to be low, meaning fewer competition?

No, you'll want the # of ads to be high. The more ads, the more advertiser competition = good for domain name owner (if said domain has traffic).

mesuita

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Adult doesn't pay well - you need massive traffic to make anything significant at ppc.

Legal names pay well, hosting names, finance, some real estate niches....

I assume you want to know what niches are profitable, and then buy names with existing traffic in those niches? Don't think that you can just reg names ane they will get traffic - for parking, you need names that get natural traffic or residual traffic from a pre-existing website.

What are examples of legal names and hosting names? I'm not sure what you are referring to. Thanks.

accomatic

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Legal names and hosting names mean domains that are keyword(s) related to legal or hosting business. Like webhost.com webserver.com dedicated.com etc.

I've uploaded a pretty old list of AdWords per-click rates on almost 50,000 keywords. The data was gathered back in 2005, however this list is still a good source of ideas:

http://www.accomatic.com/Top-Adsense-Keywords.xls

Next, don't overly trust Overture data. The numbers there are from Yahoo and few smaller engines, not from Google that dominates the market; most of the numbers are inflated or skewed because of automated tools checking SERPs. In my experience the information from wordtracker.com and keyworddiscovery.com is much more close to reality.

All the best,
Kate

mesuita

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That makes sense. I can't see the forest for the trees. Duhhh... Guess I'm feeling overwhelmed - but learning so much. Your info is wonderful and I really appreciate your help. I have been reading about wordtracker and keyworddiscovery and wondering if they were what they claim to be. Glad to read your thoughts on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom