Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed PetForum (.)com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very good name, not too broad. Dogs, Cats, etc all great subforums. This is an easy 1k on here to a reseller maybe between 1-3.5k on flippa or to an investor who would like to develop it without any solid direction or plans. To get beyond that range it would would either take developing into something more than just a name or simply finding a lucky end-user. So realistic market price to a domainer or developer 1-3.5k.

Diabro

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
With 6.9 million followers, Boo is irresistible. :p

Is it domaining though? Would not Facebook be the domain and put you at the owners whim? I am not saying that facebook accounts have no value but when you own a domain you own a domain and have much more freedom. Social Media sites are also vulnerable to the whims of the market. I am not sure that I would consider facebook accounts domaining.

Here I would much rather own a site like watchuseek, which I could see PetForum become.

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lol regfee :)

Petforum.com is way better than pettube.com and would easily sell in the low four figures, like many here have mentioned.

Pet owners and their companions are an absolutely MASSIVE market within e-commerce. They also love to talk about their pets and with other pet owners.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can see low $x,xxx for this but it has a lot of developmental potential. If you have some money, throw it into a good forum SW. Set it up - even have paid classifieds section (selling pets?). Set up a Facebook page for it with links to the forum and then promote it.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's funny to see all these valuations and no offers.

I say that because forums need dedicated end users, they have little to no resell value.

There was a thread on DNF selling *forum names for around $700 each... now it's a package deal for 8 average names for $750. Point in case.

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

I say that because forums need dedicated end users, they have little to no resell value.

There was a thread on DNF selling *forum names for around $700 each... now it's a package deal for 8 average names for $750. Point in case.

Nah, I think it's more amusing to see you dishing out regfee appraisals, completely miss post nr 10 where someone says they will offer $500 and then you complain more :)

Do you really think you know better than the vast majority in this thread? I'm not saying you don't, but I suspect it ;)

I would also make a low three figure offer any day of the week, so reg-fee is already off the table.

Edit: that being said, forum traffic is not the easiest to monetize. However, like I mentioned before, if you follow e-commerce you will know that the pet-market is huge

Last edited:

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did you miss the "little to no resell value" comment? When did I claim I knew more? How am I complaining?

I gave the valuation of what I would pay for this domain based upon having several forums.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You guys need to think outside of the box more often. :peace: Just because the domain has *Forum in it doesn't mean it's limited to a typical forum set up like vbulletin.

The word 'forum' basically means a discussion/idea gathering or exchange therefore the OP is not limited to using forum software. Any type of discussion set up is going to fit with the name.

D

Deleted member 70408

You must have missed the posts where I offered $500, someone else offered $550, and I offered $600.

My $600 offer is still good if the owner wants to sell it.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

I'll do $500 right now.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You guys need to think outside of the box more often. :peace: Just because the domain has *Forum in it doesn't mean it's limited to a typical forum set up like vbulletin.

The word 'forum' basically means a discussion/idea gathering or exchange therefore the OP is not limited to using forum software. Any type of discussion set up is going to fit with the name.

When I move my brain outside the box, it's too hot.

A forum is a forum is a forum.

J

JDN

I can't understand how people can evaluate this at reg fee. That is absurd. Especially that 3 or 4 people have already offered mid $xxx.

I think this name is worth a solid $1-3k.
Good luck!

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

exactly, I have had success selling forums, and not all were used for forums. I sold a nice (key word)forum.ca for $x,xxx and it is being used now for a site for a convention.

Last edited:

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When I move my brain outside the box, it's too hot.

A forum is a forum is a forum.
Forum is place where people gather - so it can be used for anything from a convention, expo, meeting place...to a typical online forum.

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Value is only based on what people are willing to buy for, therefore if there are active offers in the $xxx range, that would stand to give it a minimum value.

Diabro

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nah, I think it's more amusing to see you dishing out regfee appraisals, completely miss post nr 10 where someone says they will offer $500 and then you complain more :)

Do you really think you know better than the vast majority in this thread? I'm not saying you don't, but I suspect it ;)

I would also make a low three figure offer any day of the week, so reg-fee is already off the table.

Edit: that being said, forum traffic is not the easiest to monetize. However, like I mentioned before, if you follow e-commerce you will know that the pet-market is huge

This was my problem. It was not the initial appraisal but many of the statements after that made me scratch my head. I would like to say that David came in and made an appraisal and I appreciate that. I do not think it is appropriate to judge people based on their appraisals. Also I do not think it is appropriate to dismiss so many others who do see value, and are willing to pay for, a domain.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Forum is place where people gather - so it can be used for anything from a convention, expo, meeting place...to a typical online forum.

I'd like to see how you'd monetize this as a "moms with corgis" gathering by the beach, instead of an online forum.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see how you'd monetize this as a "moms with corgis" gathering by the beach, instead of an online forum.

It's done all the time - an event is started and they get paid sponsors who get tables / booths at the event. You also advertise on the radio and get interest up that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators