Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Petition to Get Rid of the Political Section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe at one point the political section served its purpose where forum members could discuss politics like respectable men and women. However, it has become nothing but a distraction, a source of stress, a cesspool and overall I feel it does far more harm to our community than good. Violation of rule #3 is running wild in this section: what message does that send?

In order to keep sending the clear message that DNF is a professional community who works together and takes pride in being the central place for domain discussion, I would like to have it removed or at least provided the ability to block this irrelevant section of our community.

I know there are others who feel the same and I will let them post below.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, you have a few people here on a domain forum that would have difficulty intelligently discussing domain issues.

You have several people that have been involved in a domain related topic only a handful of times in the past two years or so.

So, the solution is to give them/keep a political/controversial section in order to make them feel part of the forum? A domain forum?

And those people are now attempting to hide behind a freedom of speech or freedom of expression argument (pure hogwash in reality) as they view the elimination of the Political/Controversial section as a personal attack on them. The arguments made in this thread has nothing to do with freedoms and everything to do with them viewing this discussion as a personal attack.

Everyone is free to join this forum. Everyone is free to discuss domains. Everyone is free to join other forums to pursue their other interests.

Otherwise, I want a subforum for health and wellness news, Franco-American expats, and on dogs.

I demand it because it is my right? And by denying me my rights you are infringing upon my freedoms? And those future new subforums I request are crucial to the survival of DNF? Just like the political/controversial section is crucial to the survival of DNF? No. It is crucial for the survival of a few who would not know how to survive on a domain forum.

Well, that in itself demonstrates the elimination of that P section would make it more difficult (and rightly so) to attack members in a domain sales thread, offers, appraisal, etc.

Those threads (and those rules you post) are much easier to enforce within a thread or a post that is not even political or controversial in topic. And if it does spill over into a domain discussion, it is much easier to regulate and admonish. And typically other members will express their condemnation and outrage (as well as contact DNF admin or mods).

Do the business of domaining and not the business of politics on DNF.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
if what you say is true, then in contrast

it shows that eliminating the P section, won't elminate the personal attacks.

Exactly....

I think the real problem is the people themselves, many are juveniles and are incapable of having any sort of intelligent debate, And then again many are http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/narcissistic-personality-disorder/DS00652narcissist's, people who have an inflated sense of their own importance and a deep need for admiration, they believe they're superior to others and have little regard for other people's feelings. Sound familiar? And now that person who has lost all credibility in the P section is calling for it's closure so he feel important somewhere else.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think the real problem is the people themselves, many are juveniles and are incapable of having any sort of intelligent debate

I agree with this.

-=DCG=-

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ok, I am going to close this thread. It's not going to resolve much.

For those that don't want to engage in the political discussions, don't.

-=DCG=-

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom