Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Petition to Get Rid of the Political Section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe at one point the political section served its purpose where forum members could discuss politics like respectable men and women. However, it has become nothing but a distraction, a source of stress, a cesspool and overall I feel it does far more harm to our community than good. Violation of rule #3 is running wild in this section: what message does that send?

In order to keep sending the clear message that DNF is a professional community who works together and takes pride in being the central place for domain discussion, I would like to have it removed or at least provided the ability to block this irrelevant section of our community.

I know there are others who feel the same and I will let them post below.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This may be true. ;)

You missed this one:

Buffets Are a Tool of The Devil And a Communist Plot

-=DCG=-
I didn't include it because I believe it. It is a plot on the fattening of Americans getting ready for the slaughter.

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

And I intentionally left this off the list because I did not want to get the thread off topic (too much)

Thanks For The Tax Cut, Obama, But You Are Still A Communist Jerk!

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok, I have been reading this thread and here is my feeling.

The politics section has people with opinions on both sides of the fence and I enjoy reading it when people argue their points without rudeness.

I think people on both sides need to learn to respect each other's opinion even if they don't agree with them at all.

If it becomes possible to limit it from todays posts, I am open to that, but right now vb doesn't allow for that.

There are newsworthy items in there that are worth discussing.

-=DCG=-

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
"Obama ate my cross-eyed opossum" - next post at 11:00pm by the Teabag Domainer :D

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Obama ate my cross-eyed opossum" - next post at 11:00pm by the Teabag Domainer :D
Oh no! Not Heidi????

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

Ok, I have been reading this thread and here is my feeling.

The politics section has people with opinions on both sides of the fence and I enjoy reading it when people argue their points without rudeness.

I think people on both sides need to learn to respect each other's opinion even if they don't agree with them at all.

If it becomes possible to limit it from todays posts, I am open to that, but right now vb doesn't allow for that.

There are newsworthy items in there that are worth discussing.

-=DCG=-
You seriously need to explore that option along with it not appearing in the Recent Activity Widget.

Seriously, this looks real bad on the lander/home page that guest would see first.

Area52

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I suppose we can expect the folks that claim they want the section closed to stop posting there.

doc24

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
FREE Willy..................

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Kyle don't feed the troll. It thrives in that one forum section (even it's rare visit outside of it's nest into this part of the grown-up forum merely resulted in rants and abuse) - of course it will claim censorship/freedom of speech etc EVEN THOUGH it posted earlier saying that if it ran the forum it would deny the very same to people like itself. Let it seethe until it explodes, preferably in another section or another forum - perhaps one that deals solely with politics/ranting/abuse and not a DOMAIN forum. Whatever happens it's plain to see that it has no interest in domains or anything domain-related to add to this site.

I keep telling my cousin, the one you refer to as "IT", to buy domains from resellers here and he tells me that most everything he sees here is garbage, So I told cousin to SELL his premium domains instead and you know what he told me? He said that too many resellers here are cheap, that they always want something for nothing, That he was tired of being Low-balled so he stopped selling all together. I asked him; "CUZ" (that's I what I call him) "What then is the purpose of going on DNForum?

He's said, and I quote; "It's the only place I can learn how to profit from my domains, Stay informed and piss off a Liberal at the same time."

Anyway, I will be glad to relay your message to Cousin and tell him to stop posting politics in the political section....

If he decides to post his domains for sale here, should I tell him NOT to post his domains in the "Domains for Sale" Section too?

Free speech does not apply here.

If you're basing your conclusions on United States law, then it is legal for you to post political thoughts in any forum on this website. This forum, being privately run, has every right to deny you access based on the terms they define.

It would violate this privately owned website's right to free speech/expression if they are not allowed to silence political discussion on their own website.

The Forum has every right to close the section down, I'm not debating that... I'm debating the reason or motive behind it, If it's because of somebody's objection to opposing views (which is clearly what this all about) and the Forum responds by closing it down, that's censorship no matter how you look at it.

Last edited:

bmugford

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The Forum has every right to close the section down, I'm not debating that... I'm debating the reason, If the reason is because they don't like the content, that IS an attack on Free Speech.

This is a domain related forum. I am not even sure why there is a political forum to start with. There are endless places to talk politics online.

Brad

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, from the looks of the personal attacks in this thread, clearly the section is not needed.

GeoOwners

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"He's said, and I quote; "It's the only place I can learn how to profit from my domains, Stay informed and piss off a Liberal at the same time.""

one out of three aint bad lol

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, from the looks of the personal attacks in this thread, clearly the section is not needed.

if what you say is true, then in contrast

it shows that eliminating the P section, won't elminate the personal attacks

only staff can eliminate those who continue such behavior, regardless to what section of the forum where it occurs.

so until that happens, personal attacks will continue

imo...

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if what you say is true, then in contrast

it shows that eliminating the P section, won't elminate the personal attacks.
Yes, and no.

We can assume that...or we can assume that without the P section the rhetoric and attacks would be easier to monitor and control without a section that seems dedicated to attacks.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, and no.

We can assume that...or we can assume that without the P section the rhetoric and attacks would be easier to monitor and control without a section that seems dedicated to attacks.

1. No content that is considered racist, sexist, obscene, illegal, objectionable, or otherwise offensive comments will be tolerated. All such posts will be deleted without notice. This includes avatars. This could result in the loss of your membership without reimbursement.

3. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. We take politeness very seriously. You are welcome to challenge others points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully.

above you have two rules that speaks to offensive comments and personal attacks

neither one states exceptions for the P section

so, if those rules were or had been enforced, then you may/might have more respect for each other here at dnf because you value your membership here.

but some are given carte' blanc to say whatever, whenever, with no repercussions

start giving their ass some time locked out and maybe they will learn some respect.... if dnf is so important to them

imo...

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The Forum has every right to close the section down, I'm not debating that... I'm debating the reason or motive behind it, If it's because of somebody's objection to opposing views (which is clearly what this all about) and the Forum responds by closing it down, that's censorship no matter how you look at it.

Honey, if this thread was my motive to censor you, I would have complained about you in private long, long time ago to the mods and admins but I have never done it. Instead, you are the lone ranger on my ignore list. Any more questions about my motives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom