• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed PhoneUK.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

atwest

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2005
Messages
89
Reaction score
1
I've been holding this one since 2002. Who might be an intested in this name, and what is it worth? I noticed phoneuk.co.uk goes to Sky.com

Feedback appreciated. Thank you.

-Atwest
 
I wish I knew more about the UK market, because I did wonder about this one earlier. I want to know three things:

1. Where does .com stand as a tld in the UK market?
2. If they like .com's, how well do they like "*UK*" .com's?
3. How well do they like the term "phone" in the UK compared to the alternatives?

If you've scored three goals for the questions above, then as far as I'm concerned you're looking at a domain that would be worth a lot, easily xx,xxx to xxx,xxx.

Problem for me is that I just don't know, so I'd be more interested in some credible testimony from those who really do.
 
I wasn't kidding; I really do want to know these things. Come on you benevolent Brit domainers - don't hold out on me here. Somebody share the knowledge and educate the more culturally challenged among us.
 
resell: $1500+

PhoneUK.co.uk goes to sky.com because the owner of phoneuk.co.uk redirected the domain to sky affiliate program. It doesn't mean SKY owns phoneuk.co.uk
 
Well, I ran into a stretch of back to back episodes of this on TV and watched them all: http://www.mentorn.co.uk/Programmes/?pid=4&id=24&vid=69. It was great, and I know more now than I did before. I feel confident enough to go out on a limb and suggest that the answer to #2 above should be an undoubted affirmative - domains containing the name "UK" in a positive and productive light are probably very well regarded and received.

Since I only deal in end user appraisals myself, I am gratified by this progress in journeying toward the truth about this seemingly excellent domain, which I feel is now sailing beautifully up the Thames toward a potentially fabulous destiny.

Perhaps some day I'll get a scoop on #1.

P.S. I just looked at the whois for the first time, so where have you been all this time, Mr. Keynes of London, UK? :)
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom