• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed PizzaPlaces.mobi

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

domainstosell

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
867
Reaction score
0
Thoughts on this? I think it fits the extension very well, is a good length and is an instantly recognizable, generic, descriptive term. I'd be interested in any and all appraisals.

US Overture is 12,885.

Thanks!
 
MobileDesigner said:
undeveloped: $xxx
Developed: $wow!

Thanks, I think it has great potential, seeing as it is such a common phrase and fits the extension so well...

DNP said:

What is the basis of your appraisal? People are entitled to their opinions, but I hate when someone doesn't put any thought into an appraisal...
 
not eeeeeeeven reg fee. Take your best or resell the broadcasting to advertisers.
 
Thanks, I think it has great potential, seeing as it is such a common phrase and fits the extension so well...



What is the basis of your appraisal? People are entitled to their opinions, but I hate when someone doesn't put any thought into an appraisal...

Seems like you just didnt like the low appraisal, bc you are not questioning the apraisal from mr. mobiledesigner..whos appraisals by the way seem to be somewhat biased since he seems to sleep, eat and drink .mobi, a nice guy, but not very objective anymore, and I am not sure if he actually ever bought a mobi himself for more than $$$, this is undevelped a regfee to low $xx domain until mobi takes off in terms of real use..,
 
Seems like you just didnt like the low appraisal, bc you are not questioning the apraisal from mr. mobiledesigner..whos appraisals by the way seem to be somewhat biased since he seems to sleep, eat and drink .mobi, a nice guy, but not very objective anymore, and I am not sure if he actually ever bought a mobi himself for more than $$$, this is undevelped a regfee to low $xx domain until mobi takes off in terms of real use..,

:cheesy: hahaha! Thank you! i dont like being the bad guy. I only bought one .mobi from a fellow DN member for $xxx since i bought most of the .mobi on the database! I just think that anything is possible IF it becomes developed. Perhaps i should be more objective which would help people to think differently...
Oh. and i love pizza very much. Pizza in japan have squid, mayo and corn!!!! :undecided:
I miss American pizza.:worried:
 
:cheesy: hahaha! Thank you! i dont like being the bad guy. I only bought one .mobi from a fellow DN member for $xxx since i bought most of the .mobi on the database! I just think that anything is possible IF it becomes developed. Perhaps i should be more objective which would help people to think differently...
Oh. and i love pizza very much. Pizza in japan have squid, mayo and corn!!!! :undecided:
I miss American pizza.:worried:

Hey, how about opening a Pizzeria Uno's in Japan? Chicago Style Pizza....I think that might make more money than all the mobis combined..plus you can have pizza whenever you want...
 
Hey, how about opening a Pizzeria Uno's in Japan? Chicago Style Pizza....I think that might make more money than all the mobis combined..plus you can have pizza whenever you want...

I only saw this part:
"plus you can have pizza whenever you want"
:eek::eek::eek:

Just the word "chicago" would make it succeed!
:smilewinkgrin:
 
domainah said:
Seems like you just didnt like the low appraisal, bc you are not questioning the apraisal from mr. mobiledesigner..whos appraisals by the way seem to be somewhat biased since he seems to sleep, eat and drink .mobi, a nice guy, but not very objective anymore, and I am not sure if he actually ever bought a mobi himself for more than $$$, this is undevelped a regfee to low $xx domain until mobi takes off in terms of real use..,


No, I don't mind the low appraisal. I only reg'd a couple of .mobi, and I have already made triple my money back, so a reg fee domain doesn't bother me. I just hate it when people ask for appraisals, and someone just says "reg fee." I think we can do better than that.

Your appraisals, for example, always have some bit of background as to your thought process or why you value the domain a certain way, which I appreciate. I was simply looking for more of that info out of DNP's response.

I do think, based on some of the other .mobi sales and appraisals that I've seen, that this domain should fall in the $XXX or more category, but of course I think that; that's why I took a chance on another .mobi.

However, I post here because I like to see what others think - but a "reg fee" response always feels like an unfounded, knee-jerk reaction to me.

Thanks for your appraisal as well, and if anyone else wants to weigh in, I appreciate any and all viewpoints!
 
Your going to have to develop this one to get value out of it, I believe. .MOBI is new and unproven. Doubtlessly, 'Pizza.MOBI' would be worth XX,XXX (and maybe more someday) but I'm never going to type in a two word name like this without promotion.

There are still some decent .MOBIs available but most will likely only XX to XXX (at the best). Who knows in two years when our renewals are due though. If the .MOBI domain extension is promoted to the public aggressively it may be very hot. If not it may be another .BIZ (or less).
 
Problem is, too many options. Pizza.mobi is the only option. Once you add a second word to that, the skys the limit because your going to have to spend money to brand it no matter what that word is. Pizzanow, pizzafast, pizzaquick, pizzaparlor, pizzaria, etc, etc. A developer sees that they can buy pizzaplaces for $900 or they can register Pizzacall for $20. That just knocks the stuffing out of the value.
It's kind of like homes, as long as there is more land in the neighborhood to build homes on, it's hard for the home values to rise. If you've got that one home with the great view that can't be found anywhere else, value can rise quickly. You will need all the other real estate in the neighborhood to get bought up before this one has any real value.
 
Problem is, too many options. Pizza.mobi is the only option. Once you add a second word to that, the skys the limit because your going to have to spend money to brand it no matter what that word is. Pizzanow, pizzafast, pizzaquick, pizzaparlor, pizzaria, etc, etc. A developer sees that they can buy pizzaplaces for $900 or they can register Pizzacall for $20. That just knocks the stuffing out of the value.
It's kind of like homes, as long as there is more land in the neighborhood to build homes on, it's hard for the home values to rise. If you've got that one home with the great view that can't be found anywhere else, value can rise quickly. You will need all the other real estate in the neighborhood to get bought up before this one has any real value.

I agree with this dude. You're looking at regfee at best imo
cheers
Pred
 
Duckinla said:
Problem is, too many options. Pizza.mobi is the only option. Once you add a second word to that, the skys the limit because your going to have to spend money to brand it no matter what that word is. Pizzanow, pizzafast, pizzaquick, pizzaparlor, pizzaria, etc, etc. A developer sees that they can buy pizzaplaces for $900 or they can register Pizzacall for $20. That just knocks the stuffing out of the value.
It's kind of like homes, as long as there is more land in the neighborhood to build homes on, it's hard for the home values to rise. If you've got that one home with the great view that can't be found anywhere else, value can rise quickly. You will need all the other real estate in the neighborhood to get bought up before this one has any real value.

Yeah, I see your point, and I think development is almost always the way to go if you can do it. I do think that "Pizza Places" has an advantage over names like "Pizza Fast" and "Pizza Call," etc. for example, simply because "Pizza Places" actually means something that people recognize, i.e., "Are there any good pizza places around here?" It's like having "CarDealerships" vs. "CarFast," for example.

I initially thought of a pizza place directory when I saw this one, so I do agree that development will help the value for sure.

Thanks for the appraisals all, feel free to keep 'em coming.
 
OVT on "Pizza Places" is pretty low. It will be worth something when you get typin traffic. You can't brand "Pizza Places".
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom