Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Pizzerias.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pergamon

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yea, we use this word in dutch too
However I am not so sure about the 20k, definitely not for the plural

Mazkel

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
UPDATE to Pizzerias.com.

We launched earlier this year and are currently in 19 states and growing.

We've been named a Finalist on the Forbes' America's Most Promising Companies List!

Mazkel

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congrats!

Nice success story and great demonstration of branding and the effort it takes.

Thanks Doc Com.

We've had an amazing time growing the company from the ground up. It's taken more time than we anticipated but it's been exciting! Having a business partner helps immensely on multiple levels. It's not just about developing a domain, it's about marketing, sales,
branding, employees, press, social media updates, working with developers, legal, security, funding, customer service, dealing with customer issues, etc.

Mazkel

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congrats, a very nice website.

Due to the plural and spelling issues I would be interested to learn of it gets any direct navigation traffic? Just curious.

Thanks David.

We get direct type-in traffic along with traffic from variations on the name.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
UPDATE to Pizzerias.com.

We launched earlier this year and are currently in 19 states and growing.

We've been named a Finalist on the Forbes' America's Most Promising Companies List!

Wow, very impressive. You did a great job. Congrats!

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Honestly, it needs to be published in a "how to" guide of taking a name from purchase to product and beyond.

I am sure it has had many ups and downs in the planning, production, launch, and branding of a new enterprise and franchise.

Tough to do, especially in today's environment which makes this an even more compelling story that needs to be told.

Mazkel

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow, very impressive. You did a great job. Congrats!

Thanks Stian. We spent one month on market research with consumers and pizzeria owners before developing the site. We don't just list
pizzerias on our site (like a directory); they actually sign up with us, which takes time.

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

Honestly, it needs to be published in a "how to" guide of taking a name from purchase to product and beyond.

I am sure it has had many ups and downs in the planning, production, launch, and branding of a new enterprise and franchise.

Tough to do, especially in today's environment which makes this an even more compelling story that needs to be told.

It's on my list. Many ups and down, however, the key is persistence, motivation, transparency, and drive.

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
As names go, it is not a good name. Congrats on developing a business around it, though. It is a very problematic name as far as spelling goes, and there are essentially zero people who will type in Pizzerias.com when looking for pizza, which is the whole point of a name like this.

If you whispered this name into someone's ear walking down the street and offered them a prize if they could go home and type it in correctly, I would bet a lot of money that you would not be awarding them a prize. That makes it a bad name.

At the risk of raining on your parade, I really think it is a bad bad bad name to develop. It sure is a tough name to put a lot of effort into. It is just awkward, tricky, and troublesome, and not a name I would have recomended using.

Hate me all you want.......I can take it. Seriously, congrats on the business.

Mike Cruz

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
People seem to forget that their opinion is not the majority, nor fact. I think its a great name to develop, especially in such a way that mazkel did. Would having the singular help his business? Of course, but considering the amount of work he has put into pizzerias.com - it's not all that big of a problem. If the site gets big enough and profitable enough, he can always purchase pizzeria.com, it would be a nice bonus.

Pizzerias gets about 4,400 exact global searches a month, which is not bad.

Mazkel, the web site looks great and it's nice to see people actually developing their names, especially good ones.

Mazkel

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Zurc.net....thanks for the likes!

As names go, it is not a good name. Congrats on developing a business around it, though. It is a very problematic name as far as spelling goes, and there are essentially zero people who will type in Pizzerias.com when looking for pizza, which is the whole point of a name like this.

If you whispered this name into someone's ear walking down the street and offered them a prize if they could go home and type it in correctly, I would bet a lot of money that you would not be awarding them a prize. That makes it a bad name.

At the risk of raining on your parade, I really think it is a bad bad bad name to develop. It sure is a tough name to put a lot of effort into. It is just awkward, tricky, and troublesome, and not a name I would have recomended using.

Hate me all you want.......I can take it. Seriously, congrats on the business.

WhoDatDog...there's absolutely no reason to hate. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. A few points:

1. We have been getting type in traffic with people using Pizzerias dot com, Pizzeria dot com, Pizzarias dot com, Pizzaria dot com and both pizzarias and pizzerias.
2. If you look at pizza restaurants in the U.S., a large percentage have "Pizzeria" in their name.
3. Although it's not "pizza", it's still a generic category name reflecting a large niche market.
4. Pizza and saving money/coupons are not a fad; they'll always be around.
5. Consider companies using brandable names such as LivingSocial, Google, Zagat, etc. The average person wouldn't think of typing these names in, but as the company grows, it develops brand recognition. This is what's happening with our
company. Having a meaningful name only helps our endeavour.
6. We've have great feedback from both customers and pizzeria owners with regards to the site and the whole experience.
7. When people look for pizza coupons for specific pizzerias on our site, that store's page (on Pizzerias.com) typically comes up on the first page of search engines.
8. Sometimes it's not the name, it's what you do with it.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
8. Sometimes it's not the name, it's what you do with it.

Exactly.

You have taken the time & made the effort to begin to establish a brand. Not many here have the same perseverance & determination to follow through with it. Well done, and good luck with it!

sbtx

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Interested PM me. Do you have a price in mind?

Varlin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sounds GREAT in Spanish, my mother tongue.
Dunno about English usage, as I am not a native speaker.
With Spanish-speaking visitors ALONE, this domain, IMHO, is worth more than 7K
I think that the kind of online business being developed on it right now is on the right track and will ensure a great ROI in the long term.

pliddle

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nice Work Mazkel! Hope to see some of my local pizzerias on pizzerias.com soon!

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mazkel Tov! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom