Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Please appraise - ModelSearchUSA dot com -domain.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mocus said:
Word up, ohh how I don't want to sell this gem..it's been getting type-ins too..but I gotta pay the bills! Anyone else?

Thx for your input dvestors.. :eek:k:

Overture

Model Search 12693

Model Search USA 75

Modelsearchusa 0

Modelsearchusa.com 0

Come on guys, lets get a grip on reality here even x,xxx is way off the map in my opinion.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with Ed and dwrixon on this one.

It's a three word, long .com with low OVT numbers.

Not worth more than $100 - $200 reseller IMO.

- Rob

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My high est. is based on whats been going on with TV getting into the internet with forums and clubs in the last few years with reality shows specifically. Some shows have quite the action going on right now and in the last year or so. I could be wrong but the domain name can quite easily be the title of an upcoming show, and in that event I would think my est. is pretty darn close.

In the event that "the domain name in question" never gets the status of being the same as a popular show, then all is lost, and low to mid xxx might be acceptable.

If your desperate and need money today, perhaps you'll get close to high xx. if you wait for a TV show to use that name, and they do a good job with media and have a decent following, you'll do well with it.

Kevin.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
JackSplat said:
My high est. is based on whats been going on with TV getting into the internet with forums and clubs in the last few years with reality shows specifically. Some shows have quite the action going on right now and in the last year or so. I could be wrong but the domain name can quite easily be the title of an upcoming show, and in that event I would think my est. is pretty darn close.

In the event that "the domain name in question" never gets the status of being the same as a popular show, then all is lost, and low to mid xxx might be acceptable.

If your desperate and need money today, perhaps you'll get close to high xx. if you wait for a TV show to use that name, and they do a good job with media and have a decent following, you'll do well with it.

Kevin.

This isn't an explanation of previous post it is an about face from "I'd say mid 5 digits with it's potential value to an investor." to "perhaps you'll get close to high xx."

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dwrixon said:
Overture

Model Search 12693

Model Search USA 75

Modelsearchusa 0

Modelsearchusa.com 0

Come on guys, lets get a grip on reality here even x,xxx is way off the map in my opinion.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon
]

Agree with you on this Dave !

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
this is the part where everyone who is'nt happy comes in here and starts bashing each other and the domain. Please stop and don't be rude to others in my thread. They appraised the domain and you can do the same, feel free...but don't bring that BS in here.

dwrixon, I am in the USA and here this is a very well known term and many companies use the catch phrase "Model Search USA"..I'm not sure about the UK where you are..so thus, I am not too certain on the validity of your opinion here, but thanks anyways..you seem to be the minority and not majority..

Remember guys who are quoting the overture results, etc...

NOT ALL GENERIC DOMAINS ARE VALUED ON THIS! lol

go find a better and more memorable .com domain name than this for less than mid x,xxx for the same exact industry with such big keywords and such strong development potential..I DARE YOU.

and if you would sell this yourself for $xx to $xxx you're nuts!

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are you appraising my opinion Dave?

Mocus probably knows how to sift through the rubble for his own interpretation.

But then again, He's getting a lot of lookers with the threads title. That can be a sign of interest as well.

G'luck Mocus.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mocus said:
this is the part where everyone who is'nt happy comes in here and starts bashing each other and the domain. Please stop and don't be rude to others in my thread. They appraised the domain and you can do the same, feel free...but don't bring that BS in here.

dwrixon, I am in the USA and here this is a very well known term and many companies use the catch phrase "Model Search USA"..I'm not sure about the UK where you are..so thus, I am not too certain on the validity of your opinion here, but thanks anyways..you seem to be the minority and not majority..

Remember guys who are quoting the overture results, etc...

NOT ALL GENERIC DOMAINS ARE VALUED ON THIS! lol

go find a better and more memorable .com domain name than this for less than mid x,xxx for the same exact industry with such big keywords and such strong development potential..I DARE YOU.

and if you would sell this yourself for $xx to $xxx you're nuts!

Well my opinion, but I wouldn't take it for reg fee.

If you think I am in a minority here, I would suggest you have a numeracy problem!

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok dave, well obviously you don't seem like a happy camper and that's not our fault, nor does it have anything to do with the domain, thanks for stopping by and representing the "other" element here on DNF.

but I wouldn't take it for reg fee.
now that is funny...you should consider comedy..:eek:k:

or maybe another profession!

FYI - dwrixon, you are free to appraise as you want and you have done so, another rude or unproductive post will get you reported to a moderator and possibly warned...thanks

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mocus said:
thanks for the objective and honest input so far guys...the consensus seems to be mid-high $x,xxx reseller wholesale and $xx,xxx+ (and skywards) for an end-user, obviously one of the best aspects of this domain is the true universal, generic & well known phrase here that is a pure .com and ultra memorable in one of the most active and popular industries in the world that is comprised of billions of dollars collectively..thanks again for all your input.

FYI - dwrixon, you are free to appraise as you want and you have done so, another rude or unproductive post will get you reported to a moderator and possibly warned...thanks

Yes, this is an appraisal thread not a sales thread! If you want to contact a moderator go ahead. As far as I can see you a touting a relatively worthless piece of merchandise and using menances, when someone disagrees with your point of view.

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Appraising this for under the $xxx,xxx you might think it's worth is not being negative, it's being realistic.
If you think that is "rude" and "unproductive" you must be paranoid.
Everyone on this thread has been polite - as it should be.

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i could see this domain selling for high $$$ - low $$$$ and possibly more if a company with that name comes forward, but then again they might have a claim to it if TMed?

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dwrixon, there is a difference between posting your opinion and going out of your way to devalue my domain and call it worthless, the domain is clearly valuable and at least worth high $xxx to low $x,xxx this is a given.
Many well educated members that routinely make $x,xxx+ transactions and larger sales on a monthly if not more frequent basis appraised it much, much higher than you. If you are used to dealing with low value names then I can understand how you would not fully appreciate a domain like this with such a huge development potential, some type-in traffic, high brandability & very generic nature. The original registration on this domain was before 1999.
If you don't like it for whatever your personal reasons are thats fine. But to say this is a "worthless piece of merchandise" you must be very uneducated as far as domain values go.

Someone always comes into any high valued domain appraisal thread that had MANY high appraisals before them and does this and then a few people jump on board..in reality this is expected...go read any appraisal thread that got alot of attention and replies, it's a law of averages...I already have a standing low $x,xxx offer on this domain as a result of this thread from a DNF member involved with a large talent agency in California, if I accept & he buys it to market their site I will be sure to send you a link so you can check it out. In life you can throw all the dirt you want at others dude, but eventually you realize that by doing so that you just got all dirty and dug a big hole. :eek:k:

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
change your mind? "." ?

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mocus said:
dwrixon, there is a difference between posting your opinion and going out of your way to devalue my domain and call it worthless, the domain is clearly valuable and at least worth high $xxx to low $x,xxx this is a given.
Many well educated members that routinely make $x,xxx+ transactions and larger sales on a monthly if not more frequent basis appraised it much, much higher than you. If you are used to dealing with low value names then I can understand how you would not fully appreciate a domain like this with such a huge development potential, some type-in traffic, high brandability & very generic nature. The original registration on this domain was before 1999.
If you don't like it for whatever your personal reasons are thats fine. But to say this is a "worthless piece of merchandise" you must be very uneducated as far as domain values go.

Someone always comes into any high valued domain appraisal thread that had MANY high appraisals before them and does this and then a few people jump on board..in reality this is expected...go read any appraisal thread that got alot of attention and replies, it's a law of averages...I already have a standing low $x,xxx offer on this domain as a result of this thread from a DNF member involved with a large talent agency in California, if I accept & he buys it to market their site I will be sure to send you a link so you can check it out. In life you can throw all the dirt you want at others dude, but eventually you realize that by doing so that you just got all dirty and dug a big hole. :eek:k:

So now you have a maybe on a low $x,xxx well that sounds more realistic. Personally, I still have better things to do with reg fee.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mocus said:
change your mind? "." ?

No, just decided not to waste my time. I just don't understand why you bothered to ask for an appraisal if you're convinced it's worth a fortune and won't respect or consider other peoples opinions, especially when backed by facts.

- Rob

Mocus said:
I am in the USA and here this is a very well known term and many companies use the catch phrase "Model Search USA".

And the facts...

Model Search USA 75

Modelsearchusa 0

Modelsearchusa.com 0

:party:

Yes, OVT is not the only factor but this is also a long, three-word .com. My guess is you paid less than $100 for it.

- Rob

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
no sorry leading names...you are thinking a .info..lol

and as far as respecting other opinions, etc...I think YOU should read the first two pages of this appraisal before you two came here..you will see quite clearly what the general consensus is on the domain...but thanks for asking! :eek:k:

Ok, my input: To an american modeling agency, talent search company, major clothes designer, etc. the domain "ModelSearchUSA com" is a very big winner...not to your everyday domain dealer that may not have a firm grasp on the industry or amount of money involved...I have NOT accepted the initial offer of low $x,xxx for it..imo it's just too low and I can do much better developing the site on my own which would be far more profitable. If I contact end-users about this domain name I don't think I would have ANY problems getting 5-10k easily from my past experiences..and they would be getting a great old school generic .com cheaply which fits the industry perfect, far from a "worthless piece of merchandise" as you described before...that was just uneducated and childish dwrixon, clearly not a professional comment to post in an appraisal thread. (which is for appraisals by "peers" not from people who have no idea what they are talking about)
But I thank everyone ELSE here and do fully appreciate your posts.
Thank you. :)

Ps- someone asked about type-ins...the domain gets about 3-4 type-ins per day based on DS stats..

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mocus said:
no sorry leading names...you are thinking a .info..lol

and as far as respecting other opinions, etc...I think YOU should read the first two pages of this appraisal before you two came here..you will see quite clearly what the general consensus is on the domain...but thanks for asking! :eek:k:

Well, actually perhaps you should as he actually landed in the first half of Page 2!

The opinion given before that was certainly not one sided and a wholly disproportionate amount of it was yours.

Frankly, I don't think you have convinced many that the goods are worth a significant amount of money, and frankly if you have paid more than $100 for it then I wish you the best of luck, as you will almost certainly need it!

Dave Wrixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom