Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Please appraise - ModelSearchUSA dot com -domain.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what? lol

and I quote........ (these are the appraisals in order by some very respected members here on DNF...BEFORE this thread started getting flamed by the last two negative posters..lol)

"Mid $xx,xxx to the right buyer.. nice generic name."

"well there's certainly a lot of money in modeling, I know my cousin is pouring a lot of money into getting "discovered" so this should be quite valuable.

price to a reseller i'd say mid $x,xxx considering how many young teenagers look for every tidbit of info they can get on modeling. 13,000 searches on overture for "model search"

to an end user it should be very valuable.. i'd say mid $xx,xxx. Since it already is a frequently used phrase."

"ModelSearchUSA.com

First registration: before 1999
Regged since: 2001
2 290 000 google results for: "model search"
2 220 google results for: "model search usa"

I see at least one potential end user :

Model Search USA, LLC
7095 Hollywood Blvd #499
Hollywood, CA 90028
Phone: (909) 559-8847

This name has a real potential, no doubt.

Value : depends on how bad someone will want it, but potentially in the $xx.xxx range.

Grégoire."

"Excellent combination of keywords for the designer clothing and modelling industry.

Earlier we saw a confirmed sale of mid-high $xx,xxx in reference to the modelling industry. This one with generic combo of related industry keywords is even better and should rate in the uppper $xx,xxx to low $xxx,xxx.

The values on keywords keep rising. This will remain a winner."

"easy $20,000 on this great find!"

"Mocus, you have yourself a nice grab here I must say.

Anywhere from $xx,xxx to $$$,$$$ to the right enduser IMHO."

"I have done some research, and "modelsearchusa.com" is a monster. Searches for this term and terms are so popular, I would put it in the 2x,xxx to 5x,xxx range"

"$x,xxx to a reseller

$xx,xxx to an end user

kind of a general appraisal, but you get the idea..

nice name Mocus. Good luck with the sale

Good luck with this excellent name.

(Actually , I hope you get a lot more for this since I have the info version. org,biz, us are still available)."

"I am not in a position anyway to give an estimation since I am sure not expert. The only thing I can say for sure is that domain appraisals in the forum (which I fully respect with all the members included),are like the weather. They change from day to day. So one can say reg fee , since overture w/e is 0, another will say xxx.xxx, and someone else will like the name and say xxx. At the end the buyer will say the last world.

Best luck and sell it as high as you can.
kind regards"

"I'd say mid 5 digits with it's potential value to an investor.
And even more to an end user. Considering the cost to develop, this could be a bargain to the right buyer.

Nice catch Mocus."

....and you were saying?

Anyone wan't to appraise the domain "Dont-be-a-hater.com" ?

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mocus said:
which is for appraisals by "peers" not from people who have no idea what they are talking about..

Well, it is odd that a quite number of people on here seem to agree with me, obviously they are very foolish to associate themselves with such a witless imbeccile!

Mocus said:
Ps- someone asked about type-ins...the domain gets about 3-4 type-ins per day based on DS stats..

Very impressive, but the contraversy generated by this thread could easily have generated that many type-ins, doesn't make the domain valuable. I had 10 type-ins today on a Chinese IDN, not many here would attempt to put a 6 figure valuation on it!

As I said before,

Best of Luck!

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know, you are really the "voice of the people" dwrixon...
l must have no clue about what I am doing or talking about
...just "witless" as you said..like the other 12 appraisals before yours right?
Well let's see, between my $xx,xxx sale of Hummer3 com last month and several other low-mid $x,xxx deals and many $xxx deals in october alone, I must be brand new to this, whatever I spent was made back 100 fold...you should check out the platinum forums sometime dude..you could learn ALOT. hahahaha..I'm off to go get a big juicy steak (filet mignon of course) and have a nice top-shelf margarita and drive around in my new car..have fun continuing to flame my thread DORK! :eek:k:

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mocus said:
and as far as respecting other opinions, etc...I think YOU should read the first two pages of this appraisal before you two came here..you will see quite clearly what the general consensus is on the domain...but thanks for asking! :eek:k:

Hmm… you might want to do a recount... it was more than two people plus I think there is a certain amount of truth in that some member only appraise good names.

Mocus said:
I have NOT accepted the initial offer of low $x,xxx for it..imo it's just too low and I can do much better developing the site on my own which would be far more profitable. If I contact end-users about this domain name. I don't think I would have ANY problems getting 5-10k easily from my past experiences.

Honestly, did that low $$$$ ever exist?

- Rob

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mocus said:
I know, you are really the "voice of the people" dwrixon...
l must have no clue about what I am doing or talking about
...just "witless" as you said..like the other 12 appraisals before yours right?
Well let's see, between my $xx,xxx sale of Hummer3 com last month and several other low-mid $x,xxx deals and many $xxx deals in october alone, I must be brand new to this, whatever I spent was made back 100 fold...you should check out the platinum forums sometime dude..you could learn ALOT. hahahaha..I'm off to go get a big juicy steak (filet mignon of course) and have a nice top-shelf margarita and drive around in my new car..have fun continuing to flame my thread DORK! :eek:k:

Literacy problem as well the "witless" reference was clearly reflective!

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dwrixon's last few appraisals:

247warehouse.com

Yes, it kind of works for me.

I think high $xxx.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

ConvertClicks.com

Yes PPC.

Mid $x,xxx

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

CreditCards.tw

That has got to be a winner, there are of course better extensions, but in a dot com this would go off the map. I would say Low $xx,xxx

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

...I don't have time to argue with you two nutjobs...it's ok you win. :eek:k:
Now do ya feel better?

When this domain is sold to a modeling company or talent agency in the near future, I will be sure to email you both copies of the escrow.com transaction closing statement..and as far as offers I have recieved on this domain...the last offer was from a very notable member here on DNF, it was for $1,750 and I did not accept, if you have a problem believing me about this then I don't know what to tell you...it really does'nt matter to be honest.

Can anyone else please give your honest appraisals on ModelSearchUSA com?
This is just a place to find out the varying opinions and what you think YOU would sell the name for if YOU had it, or what YOU would pay for it if you were the end-user and needed it... Thanks again :)

Chris

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mocus said:
dwrixon's last few appraisals:
Actually, I had to dig back a bit to find these. They are of course opinions, which incidentally nobody else sought to take issue with or gave greatly conflicting responses. If you are going to throw rocks at them, at least have the decency to make your point and at least express your own opinion of the value of the domains.

Thankyou for the most recent Tirade!

Dave Wrixon

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
my opinion is you have NO clue what you are talking about..

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mocus said:
my opinion is you have NO clue what you are talking about..

Well there is a statement that I could subscribe to!

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
and as far as making my point about your appraisals...I am sure that anyone can look at a domain like "CreditCards.tw" and then your appraisal of $xx,xxx and that kind of just makes it own point dude..and when viewed in light of your appraisal here on a very generic and old school .COM with type-in traffic and a huge potential end-user market, etc etc etc..you just have no clue, I don't know what else to say.

This is just a place to find out the varying opinions and what you think YOU would sell the name for if YOU had it, or what YOU would pay for it if you were the end-user and needed it... Thanks again

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mocus said:
and as far as making my point about your appraisals...I am sure that anyone can look at a domain like "CreditCards.tw" and then your appraisal of $xx,xxx and that kind of just makes it own point dude..and when viewed in light of your appraisal here on a very generic and old school .COM with type-in traffic and a huge potential end-user market, etc etc etc..you just have no clue, I don't know what else to say.

This is just a place to find out the varying opinions and what you think YOU would sell the name for if YOU had it, or what YOU would pay for it if you were the end-user and needed it... Thanks again

Well Creditcards, is one of the most sought after terms on the internet. Credit Card got 1,302,672 Overture last month, but that only goes to miss the point. There is huge demand for click traffic on that term so it pays very high PPC. I made the point that TW was not the most popular extension, but in a dot com we would be talking perhaps 7 figures for such a good generic.

Old School dot com, well presumably that differentiates it from all the other dot coms, that are not old school, are you trying to suggest that just about any of the 40M registered dot coms are actually worth a hell of lot more than just about anything in any other extension? No matter how long and obscure they might be?

Welll traffic, we established that even with its current high profile on this forum, it is only capable of 3 to 4 uniques per day.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you are still going?

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thread closed ... too off topic now about people's personal opinions of other domains instead of the domain at hand. Advice, if you post a name for appraisal be prepared for both the good and the bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom