Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

auctions Plugin.com premium automotive or app store domain for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I also bidded on the name 8k was my last bid, dont think the bidding ended up being legit bids, cud be shell bids dont know for sure.

Yes, I was planning to bid later but the auction was cancelled a few hours before it was supposed to end.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Very simple: the seller agreed to sell offline and canceled all the bids and ended the sale. It's the kind of person that I would not want to deal with.

If he has a high offer, he took it offline to avoid paying eBay fees - a violation of the TOS.

You can view the cancellation and bid history at http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=250677818033

As you can see, all bids were canceled at once - not because one or some were not legit. This indicates intent to end the sale for other reasons. I suggest this seller is reported to eBay for this practice. Certainly his DNForum days just ended.

Last edited:

uclaboyz

TopCars.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well.. he told me in PM that my bid on eBay wasn't serious enough, and he's "pulled the auction from ebay as the bids were too low and have relisted on monikers traffic / snapnames with a minimum of 50k... "

valeria

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Makes sense. Especially when people bid around 10k for such a nice name.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's irrelevant what the name is worth or not worth. The seller is unethical. He clearly stated above the reserve was met, after he lowered it. Then he talks about the bids not being high enough?

Seller's remorse is not a legit reason to cancel an auction. He should be reported to eBay.

jahshaka

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you must know i had a in depth conversation with ebay regarding the nature of the bids, suspicious bidders and other problems with my listing before i closed it and I was advised by ebay customer support to close the auction and relist it.

Having closed the auction i have decided not to re-list it on ebay as while i am not in the buisiness of selling domain names, i dont want to get scalped here and have decied to go with a more legitimate and serious brokerage firm who knows what they are doing.

Thanks for all the advice and feedback here it has helped me a lot.

This thread is now closed

Last edited:

valeria

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I didn't see he said reserve was met.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Just a heads up to let you know the reserve has been met...

Here.

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

Seriously, you think you're dealing with kids here? "An in-depth conversation with eBay? "

For anyone that dealt with eBay support on any issue this is like saying they called your cellphone to arrange for your choice of beverage.

If you must know i had a in depth conversation with ebay regarding the nature of the bids, suspicious bidders and other problems with my listing before i closed it and I was advised by ebay customer support to close the auction and relist it.

Having closed the auction i have decided not to re-list it on ebay as while i am not in the buisiness of selling domain names, i dont want to get scalped here and have decied to go with a more legitimate and serious brokerage firm who knows what they are doing.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well.. he told me in PM that my bid on eBay wasn't serious enough, and he's "pulled the auction from ebay as the bids were too low and have relisted on monikers traffic / snapnames with a minimum of 50k... "

If he couldn't sell it low, he shouldn't have reduced the reserve in the first place.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Oh how the words come back to haunt you...

It's funny when sellers with attitude try to pull a fast one; first calling everyong "non worthy" then lowering their expectations and eventually running away when noone is convinced.

Previous bid was 7600 by a group at ucla I took ksinclairs advice here and dropped it to 7601 last night... eBay won't let you remove the reserve. It's a free world anyone can bid, I emailed him to request authenticity and am comfortable with the group he represents.

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

So you also have the power to Close the Thread? or did you call the Adam Dicker to have "in=depth" conversation, to Close this Thread????

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are a number of legitimate reasons to close an ebay auction early, including, from ebay.com: "You made a mistake when entering the listing, starting price, or reserve amount."

Reference at ebay:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/end_early.html

I do think a seller has some rights before an auction ends, and its hard to judge someone without knowing all that they know.

However, if an auction actually finishes, that is a different matter; it should at that point, unless there are specific listing errors or fraud, it should be a legally binding contract. But Sedo does not work that way.

I bought a domain a couple months ago at Sedo, by accepting the buyers price, so that should have been a done deal. But the seller changed his mind - possibly because of interesting news that had recently appeared; so the seller begged Sedo to cancel the sale, claiming he made a listing mistake - and Sedo agreed. It really bothered me, as I wanted that domain a lot. I am not going to say the domain here, and I am not going to criticize the seller - who knows, he might have had a good reason - but I am very critical of Sedo that they would cancel an auction without any good reason.

Therefore, Sedo's claim that a sale is a legally binding contract does not ring true to me. And they did not release the sellers name and address to me, as they are supposedly going to do when someone might want to make a claim. So they were doing someone a favor, and its just not right.

Kevin

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There are a number of legitimate reasons to close an ebay auction early, including, from ebay.com: "You made a mistake when entering the listing, starting price, or reserve amount."

Reference at ebay:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/end_early.html

I do think a seller has some rights before an auction ends, and its hard to judge someone without knowing all that they know.

However, if an auction actually finishes, that is a different matter; it should at that point, unless there are specific listing errors or fraud, it should be a legally binding contract. But Sedo does not work that way.

I bought a domain a couple months ago at Sedo, by accepting the buyers price, so that should have been a done deal. But the seller changed his mind - possibly because of interesting news that had recently appeared; so the seller begged Sedo to cancel the sale, claiming he made a listing mistake - and Sedo agreed. It really bothered me, as I wanted that domain a lot. I am not going to say the domain here, and I am not going to criticize the seller - who knows, he might have had a good reason - but I am very critical of Sedo that they would cancel an auction without any good reason.

Therefore, Sedo's claim that a sale is a legally binding contract does not ring true to me. And they did not release the sellers name and address to me, as they are supposedly going to do when someone might want to make a claim. So they were doing someone a favor, and its just not right.

Kevin

Seller here is just lying clearly speaking. Anyhow, moving on......

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Kevin, are you playing devil's advocate?

I am not talking about the million valid reasons one might have to end the sale; I am talking about this sale and the evidence of bullshit played by the seller.

No eBay support method will "extensively" advise a seller to end the auction! If there was any fraud involved - as the seller claims - eBay would have both ended AND removed the item themselves. I've used ebay for 12 years and I know.

In a nutshell: an inexperienced domain owner decides to put his domain on sale but does not want to play by the rules. Which is why I explained from the beginning that I don't bid when there are no rules to be observed.

Again, I am not putting down the domain, I am most definitely criticizing the seller for being unprofessional and childish.

vikrantjain22

Vik
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
have decied to go with a more legitimate and serious brokerage firm who knows what they are doing.

Domain names for sale incl Plugin.com, TrafficBlog.com and more Thursday, August 12, 2010

Plugin.com (1994) $90,000; Developed site, tens of thousands of downloads per month. Stats here (site was just re-launched)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators