• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed PokerTalk.com - PokerGods.com - PokerFaces.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBG is verified member.

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2003
Messages
473
Reaction score
12
Hi Guys,

* PokerTalk.com
* PokerGods.com
* PokerFaces.com

I've had a lot of interest for these premium poker domains but I'm not sure whether to sell them as i bought them to develop. If at any stage i did decide to sell I'd be interested to know what other pros think they may be worth.

Thanks guys for your time.

Regards,

Barry
 
How much traffic do they get?

Regards Paul
 
Low x,xxx each maybe? These seem pretty nice :)
 
...
 
Last edited:
Best i develop them as I wouldnt sell for those prices really.

Thanks for your input, much appreciated.
 
PokerFaces.com is my favorite, especially since it's such a generic term. http://www.answers.com/topic/poker-face

It's even a dictionary word, one I've heard a lot even outside of poker.

High $xxxx-low $xx,xxx on that one to a reseller. And end user looking for an easily brandable domain for their next multi-billion dollar poker site will pay a lot more, in the low $xx,xxx range. I can see someone making a new type of poker site that is more of a social networking/online gambling site. Great names!
 
pokertalk.com is a keeper, I wouldn't sell for less than $50k.

start developing now!
 
pokertalk.com is the best.

At least $20K-$30K.
 
Best i develop them as I wouldnt sell for those prices really.

Thanks for your input, much appreciated.


Very wise decision.;)

I believe the current rulings regarding gambling online in the US will ultimately be revisited and changed to some degree. I have no doubt you can make enough PPC for these domains to wait for you just rewards for these domains.

Liking PokerTalk.com and PokerFaces.com the very best.

Best of luck to you..............................:)

Cheers,

Showcase
 
Thanks, some great feedback :)

I'm glad you guys appreciate the names just as much as i do.

I think the easiest to develop first would be www.pokertalk.com - I Just put up a logo which i think looks pretty good, now onto full development i guess - Would you go for a forum based site or a blog style site?

I'm of the same mind set that poker in the US will 100% be made legal within the next few years and that the current rules and regs will be lifted, only time really... Best i use that time to my advantage and create a social network asap.

Thanks again guys.

Barry
 
I would go with the forum, you will have tons of members...

including me
 
nice logo!
and good luck with the forum!
 
I would go with the forum, you will have tons of members...

including me

Glad you said forum as thats the quicker option, lol

I'll let you know when its up, thanks buddy.

Also thanks Ogito for your kind comments.

Barry
 
I'd go with forum too though getting one going takes soem patience, as does dealing with the d**khead spammers. No other options? Like a commentary/news site maybe? Get MagpieRSS in and some feeds dripping in, add a mailing list etc? Bit more work upfront but a lot less hassle ongoing.
 
I'd go with forum too though getting one going takes soem patience, as does dealing with the d**khead spammers. No other options? Like a commentary/news site maybe? Get MagpieRSS in and some feeds dripping in, add a mailing list etc? Bit more work upfront but a lot less hassle ongoing.

Thanks for the advice - I've just installed good old VB, now its time to hack and mod the hell out of it - Let the games begin, lol

Thanks again,

Barry
 
pokertalk.com.....30k easily, 50k if you really tried.
 
pokertalk.com is a great for poker community forum. $10K
 
Thanks for all your feedback and great comments guys. I have a whole host of ideas spinning around in my head as we speak :)

Best Regards,

Barry
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom