Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Pool.com - Review this Drop Catcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

impactadmin

Backorder as many domains as you like for FREE! You only pay when we successfully acquire a domain for you.

Domain summit 2024

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Pool is the worst service of all the drop services plus they make you compete against yourself in bidding wars. I don't use them unless I have too.

Momentum

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They catch some good names.

But I have to agree with acronym007 that they have terrible customer service and some of the registrars they use are basically non-existant. I have lost several names because I was unable to renew or transfer out domain names registered with their some of their amateurish registrar partners.

gingeman

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hmm, yeah , they get the names, but I'm never too convinced about the legitimacy of their 'auctions'. I'm sure they drive the prices up themselves when they know they have a buyer. The are just huge cybersquatters really- I don't like their policies but they are one of the best if you must get that name.

pcad

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Momentum said:
They catch some good names.

But I have to agree with acronym007 that they have terrible customer service and some of the registrars they use are basically non-existant. I have lost several names because I was unable to renew or transfer out domain names registered with their some of their amateurish registrar partners.

Good improve for that problem is fast transfer catched domain as soon as 60 days passed away.

My expirence shows that support react good for me after cachting domain. I very often send "ask for support with acoount at exotic pool partner-registrar" sometimes twice. For me they always answered then.

TooMany

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Picks up well. Not sure about the auction system though, seems like certain domains can run out of control without reason.

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stopped using pool... it's really a waste of time unless you have the budget to win the domain from auction. Also names that they picked up are using registrars that is impossible to contact. I remember one of the registrar is in Japanese and they don't speaker english when I wrote for support. They actually wrote me back in Japanese which of couse I have no idea what they were saying...

Azam.net

Azam Marketing, Inc.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Terrible customer support. They push your domains to their own registrar, namescout, who have so many bugs with their system it is a joke. I will never use Pool again.

jecy

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
manage my snaped domain so badly

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
They were good when Snapnames was non-auction and couldnt catch a fly, but with Pool fighting WLS in the courts, they made Snapnames what they are today, the dominate catcher. Unless Pool partners with some big Registrars with exclusive backorders, they are well on there way out.

jecy

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
do not easyly to manage my snaped domain

sudesh

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am not convinced about the legitimacy of their 'auctions'.

NameFetish

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Shill bidding, and once lost a very valued name because I was unable to renew or transfer it out of the Japanease partner registrar it was automatically at after the drop catch.

Pool.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Jules70, I'd really like to know the auction where you suspected shill bidding? Pool.com does not participate in this kind of activity and I welcome the opporutity to demonstrate to you that your experience was not a shill bid. If you want to contact me directly, please do... rciahrd@pool.com (I am the CEO at Pool.com).
Cheers

Ooops, sorry. email typo... richard@pool.com :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom