Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Poor Customer Service

spotlightdomains

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had previously heard good things about Dynadot so started to transfer 1,500 domains this past weekend. Lots of issues and problems, then questions. I could never get anyone to call me back or answer my questions. In emails, I explained I had some DNS concerns regarding certain transfers and to please call me. I had just spent more than $13,000 to transfer the domains. I also opened a chat but lack of response for 10+ minutes had me close it. After five hours of phone calls, I got through to Candace and explained I was unhappy. She advised me to block the transfer requests and request a credit back to my credit card. Good news is I just locked all my domains at existing registrar and I'm going to do just that.

Domain summit 2024

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What kind of issues and problems ?

spotlightdomains

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Basically, I had questions as I was transferring in 1,500 domains. The bulk of my questions (I have several - still unanswered) were about how long for DNS to take hold on a few that were moving from old registrar's DNS to Dynadot DNS, and whether transferring domains could be tagged to go to certain folders with proper DNS already set up. The fact that I could not get through by email, chat, or phone after spending $13,000 was troubling. What was disturbing is an employee on phone (5th call after numerous hang ups on hold) told me they were busy and if I was unhappy to just leave and request a refund. Also, when I did get an email response, the person failed to answer my questions or call (as I requested in numerous emails) but chastise me for leaving chat early as the person finally replied to my chat after 12 minutes (and I had already left after waiting forever getting no where with long pauses in between).

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Dynadot has always been my favorite.
They should have been able to work out a custom plan for you.
Now moving so many domains at once isn't easy, but I would recommend using a third party DNS service, always. Not registrar DNS. It makes transfers easier too: just make sure the existing name servers remain the same at the gaining registrar.
By the way Candice is my account rep, but I must have exchanged something like 3 E-mails with her, and one or two with the guy in charge before. Never had to call or chat with them so I can't really comment on live support.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One unhappy employee too.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bad part is that it does not appear they wanted your business. 13000 spent and 1500 domains coming to them is quite attractive for any registrar no matter the size.

Dynadot as a registrar is on the small side tho. Could be they're not used to large transfers or not set up properly to receive 13000 domains at once. Good luck.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At least they don't push customer retention to the extreme :)

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Larger registrars like Dotster, Moniker, Enom can sure handle something like her transfer-in order but they have quite a few problems as regards support issues, pricing and so forth.

I value security as all domainers do so when I read Moniker and Dotster issues anyone should look into smaller registrars such as Dyndot as well.

hemantwps

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
There's a whole new school of loyalty that companies need to enroll in — and fast. It's no longer good enough to sit around and wait for a bad customer experience to happen, and then react. Companies need to catch support disasters way before they happen.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators