• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed porntage.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spidergoat

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
May 8, 2006
Messages
257
Reaction score
0
I've had this name for a while. first heard the term on some comedy show (maybe colbert report?), basically means that ubiquitous montage of porn commonly found on computer screens ... (not mine, of course!)

anyway, I am a bit of a graphics guy, always liked warhol/liechtenstein, and came up w/ a cool look I can do w/ images a while back. so I put up the site - porntage.com on the weekend, with 'porn' (not really, just sexy girls) turned into pop art desktops.

then I sent an email to fleshbot.com on monday (major blog w/ the gawker group). Bam. they did a big feature on the site and I am now averaging 2000+ unique visitors per day, and according to the stats log am getting delicious-ed an digg-ed all over the damn place.

I have no idea what to do now or how to properly monetize the traffic.

What is the potential value of something like this? It is super easy for me to update (about 15 minutes a day), and easy to keep current.

feel free to check out the site (don't worry it is definitely mild 'artsy' stuff) and would appreciate any feedback.

my first foray into developing one of my domains. what a fluke.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom