• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed PornVideo.TV

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rokoroko

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2005
Messages
367
Reaction score
1
can You help me appraise it please, I have one serious buyer ,

want not sell cheap :)

thanks
 
Video is obsolete as a technology. You might as well take whatever offer you got.
 
Video is obsolete as a technology. You might as well take whatever offer you got.

I find this comment interesting, How is video obsolete? It is just going digital. Its video footage, isn't it? Considering DVD.Tv was let go at $5k -Isnt DVD a "dead" technology because of HDDVD and BLU-RAY. Personally I dont think that is a good way to appraise a name. I think there are only a handful of names with better keywords that could that describe that industry: porn, porno then this name. IMO I would not let it go for under $5000 without knowing any stats, in that industry $5k is nothing. Anyhow best of luck with your potential sale.
 
I think the term is not good at all, you are basically saying pornvideotv with this tld, not really cathcy, aslo the plural would be better (videos). I agree with Arco, any offer is a good offer, if someone says its worth 5K it means he would be buying it for 30% at reseller if he is a pro...see if he makes you that offer and you will see how easy it is to talk and how hard to buy.. if dvd.tv sold for 5k..this is low $$$ at best IMO..but you never know how motivated the buyer is..try your best..
 
I think the term is not good at all, you are basically saying pornvideotv with this tld, not really cathcy, aslo the plural would be better (videos). I agree with Arco, any offer is a good offer, if someone says its worth 5K it means he would be buying it for 30% at reseller if he is a pro...see if he makes you that offer and you will see how easy it is to talk and how hard to buy.. if dvd.tv sold for 5k..this is low $$$ at best IMO..but you never know how motivated the buyer is..try your best..

I agree that the plural may be better, but I don't think it detracts from it that much. .Tv is a tricky extension to put a value on. IMO this name really fts the extension. One thing is undeniable, this industry will never slow down and internet demand for the exact keywords in your name will never deminish. While I can see what domainah is saying about the $XXX range for resellers, who would really sell a name like this for pennies to a reseller? 2007 will see massive increases in .tv sales and resales. With people like Richard Rosenblatt - Demand Media- www.Channelme.tv -pushing very very hard for this extension I think it would be a mistake to take less than $5k, I used to assist a photographer shooting the covers for Vivid Video, and Hustler, he charged $10k per shoot for just the cover, if they can afford $10k just to shoot the cover Im sure $5k is a drop in the bucket to promote internationally on the web. One note, DVD.tv was let go at a decent loss, a real value at $5K. I still think you would be selling yourself short if you let it go in the low $XXX range.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom