Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Potential LL .com Stolen !

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is with regret I must report ANOTHER potential domain theft.

It was brought to my attention by a good board member here ( who, they can say if they want ) that it appears asthough another LL .com domain has been the victim of theft . What made this particular case interesting to me was the individual selling the name was accused of theft prior. Now I have no solid evidence of that prior theft(s) ( multiple names involved ) and the accuser would have to post the story if they so wish and that is why to this day I have not mentioned it. In this case and through my further investigation methods( I have my ways as you all know ) the evidence is alarming to say the least. I usually do not go on my gut alone and in this do not feel I am either.

Domain: QY.com
Current Owner: Check whois
Past Owner: Michael Ginn ( Victim ? )
Ebay Auction: Removed

There are plenty more reasons for alarm and I would suggest unless I am proven wrong that everyone stay clear of this name for the time being.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Qy.com is using parked.com..I'm sure one of us could contact them and ask for verification on whos account it's in..

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dang, a lot of domains are getting stolen lately! Not a good sign.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Someone must have read the reply, no longer resolves .

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can someone shed some light on how is it possible that so many domains are being stolen???

Is the system lax, the owner, the registrar, scam emails???

WTF is going on lately???

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can someone shed some light on how is it possible that so many domains are being stolen???

Is the system lax, the owner, the registrar, scam emails???

WTF is going on lately???

I think we have to realize that not every domain owner is a savvy domainer or a domainer to begin with. There has been a lot of theft lately but a good chunk of it is from people who are not prudent.

I do think the registrars are extremely lax when it comes to this issue though; and I think the scrutiny should fall on them.... 1) for not educating the public and 2) not making sure that registrant emails are up to date... 3) for a lack of a fraud prevention unit.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The greatest threat as far as I can tell in the last 3-4 cases I have delt with are email people stealing emails, how they hack or gain control I do not know exactly. Problem is they are.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It has to be some download or program domainers are using...I'm sure there is some common link..

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: Domain now reflects the former owners ( victims ) info again when you search directnic whois. Whois.sc does not yet do so as it is not long enough to cache. So we know the theif is now scared and is back tracking, taking down parking page, switching info back. New issue is this, I am damn sure he stole the yahoo email associated with the account so regardless what whois says the theif is still in control. Below is what I posted at np's concerning the matter, if one guy can get his name back it was a days work worth my time. Having your name stolen is horrible to experience and I almost got this one back where it belongs, almost !

TheLegendaryJP:
would also like to add directnic is able to provide the IP and location associated with ALL domains as all registrars are. This afternoon they confirmed the location for me and I bet if I call in the morning it hasnt changed.

The only way this is made right is by apologizing, admitting the deed and having the REAL Michael join and confirm via his REAL phone number.

I suggest the theif consider he will one day and soon be facing serious repercusians associated with this and any other theft(s) Best to come clean and admit your deeds. The evidence is overwhelming. I am sure the victim(s) will be happy to get their names back and avoid costs.

Chappy

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was trying to contact Michael a while back. He's hard to reach!

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can now confirm the theif is STILL in control of the domain and possibly others owned by Michael Ginn. QY.com is STILL stolen.

Chappy

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Damn shame.....

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, fact is the victim owns several others under the same email contact. I KNOW the theif has access for a fact.He only touched the big one though . I may have found a contact for Michael Ginn, keep your fingers crossed.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The theif has just moved the name to godaddy and is using private whois.

I have now been in contact with the REAL owner and the process of getting the name back begins... I will be exposing the theif in a short time ( he is a member here ). I have confirmed the yahoo account was stolen and later changed to a known yahoo email the theif uses even after switching info back to real owner, when that didnt work he transfered out. This theif has crossed the line on several occassions and is going to find himself in deep legal and criminal prosecution . You can only steal so many him profile names before you pay a high profile price.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Yep, the evidence in this case is overwhelming. He is not a new member either. Has several trades etc. He is also believed to be involved in other thefts I do not have the go ahead to speak of just yet. Bottom line and I am sure he is reading this, return QY.com to Michael Ginn's directnic account, contact him however you wish and hand over the logins and passwords and let him take control again . Do this and I MAY hold back on you for the time being .

Sitting here today rethinking things and looking at the facts I have concluded....

I think I was had lastnight, in other words I was tricked to thinking I spoke with the real owner, for the second time but the first time is part of a larger story.

1. Guy didnt seem too upset to lose the name
2. He used a skpye type phone number that is not working today
3. His primary email is a gmail that again appears as his name ( trying to convince me ? )
4. He never even returned my email , not that it means anythinmg now but still
5. It just so happens it was transfered out that same day ( yesterday ) to GD.

Bottom line I have had enough and no one makes a fool of me. The theifs identity will be exposed in the coming hours.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Let the lynch mob form :D

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here is what has happened in this case so far...

1. I was shown the ebay listing which had a " secret " LL .com for sale.
2. I opened a gmail account as a women and started investigating ( a known tactic that works well )
3. Convinced the ebay seller danswebhosting aka Daniel Goncalves aka Elitehost.net to give up what the name was and sale to me ( qy.com ). I was at this point completely happy to buy the name if it wasnt stolen but first I had to confirm it wasnt. The sale by daniel is well documented via fax and email.
4. I tried desperately for days to reach the former owner ( Michael Ginn ) but his voice box was full. I tried several known emails for him but all bounced back, I tried former employees etc. No luck at all. Only his admin email worked but never a reply.
5. I asked Daniel since he purchased the name from Michael Ginn what is his phone number ? I received a number that LOOKED like a San Fran number but turns out is a free skype type number. The guy answered the call " Hi this is Michael Ginn " strange I thought and continued to ask if he sold the name etc. Now Michael Ginn is a mature educated MAN, this voice was high pitch and young with a strong New Jersey type accent...hhhmmm I thought the whois shows a NJ address and that is where Daniel lives. Keep in mind Daniel has no idea it is me he is speaking with and I had spoken with him a couple months ago for a time so his voice rang a strong bell.
6. I emailed Daniel Gonclaves explaining I was no longer comfortable with purchasing the name as it may be stolen. He replied no problem and that was the end of that.
7. I then started this thread here at dnf.
8. Daniel suddenly emails stating he too thinks something is funny and is returning the name to Michael Ginn and is likely out names and funds himself.
9. Thewhois then switches back to Michael Ginn the following day, wow how did that happen so quick. I though but what if Michaels yahoo account was taken and it wasnt even in Michaels account just the whois changed !
10. Called directnic, they confirmed my suspicion, NJ account !
11. During this time a webmaster of a name Michael GFinnm owned and forwarded also emailed his yahoo and was replied to and sent to mea NEW yahoo address from Michael, again the individual in posession of Michaels admin email creating new ones ?
12. The whois admin email then switch to an email KNOWN to be Daniel Gonclaves after the whois switched back to Michael, Dan claims he returned the name and all was settled. Think again that whois admin email swicth proved my suspicions, Michael Ginn did NOT have his name back at all !
13. I then received the call lastnight again from a too young sounding Michael Ginn but a different guy I believe, asking what was goingon and how do I get the name back etc. When ask where he was all this time he said he was on a halloween vacation ( ok )suddenly the name is transfered to GD and private whois, only possible email and confirmed by directnic that could do so was Daniel's ! I believe theif read we were trying without luck to get Michael and again called pretending tobe hiom to get us to lay off and be satisfied. Too bad they used another free skype type number and weren't concerned enough giving a gmail account as mrginn lmao

So in summary, secret ebay sale, Michael Ginn imposters, fake emails, fake phone numbers, lies about giving the name back and now the transfer out ????? I can firmly say the name is stolen I did all I could to convince the theif to give it back, held back on naming the layers in the case but they refue to be forthcoming. Now Daniel has ample opp. to explain his side, maybe he can clear this all up ? Via PM he is claiming to have bought it on the up and up, it doesnt explain the whois and lies but we'll see. I am sure to prove it he will give us all Michaels information, payment method , emails etc.

keyser

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators