Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

powerpipe.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is powerpipe.com an ICANN accredited registrar?
I registered one name and when I used the domain managment tool, then I saw that the link`s were from enom.com? Are they use the same strategy like registerfly.com and so on. They get the registration from enom.com for $5,55 or something like that and selling them to user`s with profit?

Domain summit 2024

stuff, yes they resell, they are good in my opinion but Ihaven't used them for a while. I only used them when enom's transaction system was down one day.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"ICANN accredited registrar" - but they write so in the homepage? How can they do that? ENOM.COM is ICANN accredited registrar, but not them. Can they do so?

Originally posted by stuff
"ICANN accredited registrar" - but they write so in the homepage? How can they do that? ENOM.COM is ICANN accredited registrar, but not them. Can they do so?

Thats sure looks designed to mislead people. I would imagine both ICANN and the BBB might be interested in that misrepresentation.

yes does look a bit funny, unless they were accredited recently, though I doubt that.

Originally posted by stuff

HERE'S THE RULES.. AND WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH REGARDS
TO FALSIFYING ACCREDITED STATUS ON THEIR SITES & ICANN
REGULATIONS ON 3RD PARTY REGISTRATION SERVICE PROVIDERS..
WHO ARE COASTING ON THE SHIRT TAIL OF AN ACCREDITED REGISTRAR.

here's the link:
http://www.icann.org/announcements/advisory-12feb02.htm

HERE'S THE FRONT HEADLINES on that link.

worthy READ..

Based on recent communications with registrars, it has become apparent that some ICANN-accredited registrars may be inappropriately lending their access to registries to third-party proxies. If not appropriately conducted, providing registry access to third parties can violate registrars' agreements with ICANN and jeopardize their continued accreditation. While registrars are permitted to enter into reseller arrangements with agents that assist them in providing service to customers, registrars are not permitted otherwise to lend access to their connections directly to entities that are not accredited registrars.

This "lending" issue came about when a number of Registrars were caught allowing one or more dropped name services to use their connection to the Registry to try to grab dropping domain names.

The Registrars were reportedly registering new IP addresses at the Registry which were actually not the IP address of a server at the Registrar - but at one of these drop services "partners."

Allowing someone else to use your Registry connection in this manner is against the rules.

-t

Only Accredited registrars can use the Icann logo (there is an
agreement that explicitly covers the usage of the Icann logo). The term Icann Accredited is also restricted, even though the registrar they are affiliated with might be accedited, they are not. With that said, they(powerpipe) should not have misleading statements on their site suggesting they are accredited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators