Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Procedure for selling domain names...

Status
Not open for further replies.

morel

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Greetings,

After a seller has a agreed to purchase a domain name, what is the standard procedure for transfering it? Is it enough to change the whois information to match the information of the seller? Or does more have to be done?

Also what registrar do you recommend for the purposes of selling domain names?

Thank you,
David Morel

Domain summit 2024

depends on the registrar. some will require you to "push" the domain into another account, others will require you to give the domain control panels user/pass to the user or the registration might be controlled via the email addresses of the contacts in it.

Y

yahtool

Having sold hundreds of domains, I would highly suggest having them sign a domain name agreement. It may not be necessary with smaller sales (under $250 or so), but anything over that, both parties should want to be protected with a signed contract. Check my site if you need a written agreement that you can just fill in the blanks.

Most registrars have an easy interface to transfer domain names to another party. I personally use an OpenSRS reseller called www.weblaunching.com for $12 a year. Another one is www.000domains.com. I can transfer a domain name in a few minutes using their system. Others may use GoDaddy or Register, but it depends on the price you want to spend per domain name.

Good luck!

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dmorel
Actually most domains that i've sold the buyer offered to pay in advance via paypal/paybox .But that's not the common practice i guess.You may want to give registerfly.com a try,the buyer can sign up there for free and all you have to do is push the name from your account into his account.The buyer can change whois and DNS themselves then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators