• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed proname.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vkmathews

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
How much it worth??? If you are to buy it how much would you pay for it??? Regards
Matt

vkmathews said:
How much it worth??? If you are to buy it how much would you pay for it??? Regards
Matt


Does it worth anything???

Does it worth anything??

???
 
Well Considering you just bought this on ebay for 83 bids @ $1025. I would say at least $1000. BUT you should realize the person whom was bidding on the domain against you was a ghost bidder. I think the seller used another fake account to bid it up against you fraudulently making thi price higher. The only REAL person whom bid against you only bid $100.... Not very much. I would give a more realistic value somewhere between $100 and $600. As with all names, just hold on until you get an offer you cant refuse.
 
idk
it isn't plural... think about it PRONAME doesn't do much but PRONAMES now that is 1,000 times better
 
Thank You Folks, Yea It Seem Like The Seller Screwed Me.
 
I would develop some sort of Pro Athletes Bio site and sell the advertising.

I'm no appraiser but I like the name.

Good Luck!
 
Maybe you should contact eBay about the Ghost bidder, its happened to me a few times and really pushed the price up quite high. If the seller has used a Ghost account then you might get some money back.
 
Contact Ebay, you were clearly up bid by a ghost bidder
 
Domainator said:
Contact Ebay, you were clearly up bid by a ghost bidder
I think it is a good thing to contact Ebay and Im glad others agree with me. May be difficult to prove. I may have only been buying since 2005, but I study marketing and caught on tho this scheme real quick. Snapnames is a better place to buy names, that way you know if other REAL buyers are inclined to buy the name. Good luck with everything, sorry to be the harbinger of bad news.:doh:
 
I Did Write An Email To Ebay About 3 Days Ago And Haven't Heard From Then Since. It Seems Like They Don't Really Care.
 
can I ask you why you bid so high? did you only bid because another person was bidding? if you are willing to spend that much money on a domain what caused you to bid so high?
 
vkmathews said:
I Did Write An Email To Ebay About 3 Days Ago And Haven't Heard From Then Since. It Seems Like They Don't Really Care.

This could end up costing you a little bit more when you add up the man hours you will spend chasing this Ghost..or should I say Ghost Bidder.

I would quickly get in contact with the seller and ask him directly if he has any knowledge of there being a shill bidder. I would tailor my course of action to his response.

Your best protection against over-paying for names in the early stages of your domaining is to not buy any revenue/traffic names, and to study as much as possible so that you don't have to worry about shill-bidders.

You need to know immediately that this name is worth a ton less than ProNames.com. If you knew that at the auction you would have likely stayed away. Not a bad lesson for $1,000 though....as long as you don't make it again. It's not a worthless name...just not a great one.

Get your money back, turn the page, and keep buying better names.
 
his account is been cancelled and I haven't made the payment on it. It seems like ebay did take my email seriously.
 
What an amazing job ebay has done if this is the case. Proname is not really that bad though...more like about $250-$500...not quite 1000+

What was your idea with the name when you bought it (if you don't mind saying)
 
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=110008044332

DEFINITELY fake bidders. Glad to hear that you didn't pay already. :-)

As for domain value, I'd say low $xxx. I am also interested to know why you bid so high. I'm assuming it's because you figured it must be good since others were bidding on it as well, but next time you should be VERY wary of zero feedback bidders bidding really high. Especially when the user JUST signed up 2 days before the auction.

It's one thing if they sign up AFTER the auction started, but this one signed up on the 10th and it looks like the auction started on the 12th?

Anyway, thankfully you didn't pay. It's a good name though, and if you can get it for low $xxx (less than $200) I think it will be a fair sale for both seller and buyer.

:-)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom