Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

other Quality of domains at Bido

This is a discussion about another domain name register/company not listed.
Status
Not open for further replies.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if anyone noticed...but the quality at bido is not what i expected.

It seems a little unbelievable when you see a 3 letter .biz with reserve of $400. Who is accepting these reserves?

How does everyone else sift through the crap? From the daily emails i get...and going on the site...it seems all i see is low quality and find it too much of a pain to see any quality.

Domain Summit 2024

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The Bido community votes on what goes to auction via our Vote For Profits program. More info about it is here: http://www.bido.com/VoteForProfits
They are voting based on the domain itself in relation to its BidoPrice. The better inventory that's well priced will go to auction.

Keep in mind that the items up for voting are not the items up for auction. Those are two different lists that its important to realize the difference. The domains in the Upcoming tab are the upcoming auctions. The domains in the BidoPrice tab are those up for voting (you may also make a preliminary bid while an item is up for voting).

We also have downloadable lists of all the files to make them easier to scan through.

Our auction archive with the list of recent sales is here:
http://www.bido.com/AuctionArchive

The best domains are being voted in based on what the members vote for. The quality is dependent upon what sellers submit for sale at our submission page here: http://www.bido.com/SubmitDomains

If you have some specific suggestions for us about what we can do to improve the various balances, we can discuss here as well as on our feedback portal here: http://www.bido.com/Feedback

Currently, our ratio of auctions to sales is approximately 1 in 4. Theinvestor, while you may think there is too much to sift through, we've heard that this auction success ratio is attractive and favorable when compared with any other domain auction.

Thank you for the opportunity to discuss these things.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't bother with checking Bido for the same reasons.
Seriously, I couldn't agree more. The lack of quality is appalling.
I'm even surprised 1 out of 4 names do sell. How much is the median price ? It must not be that high ;)

I think the audience must be widened and maybe Bido should start charging a fee regardless of whether the names sells or not. So that owners get an incentive for listing domains that stand a reasonable chance of selling :)
On the other hand I guess people try to offload the crap there and on the forums and they keep the better names, and they don't want to sell at reseller price either...
As long as it remains a domainer to domainer marketplace I'm not sure what else we can expect. I think the #1 problem beside quality, is the lack of exposure...

Bido is run by smart people but the business model sucks imo :)

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have bought two names on bido and names I am not very proud to say I own. VERY hard to find decent domain names there, and when you do, they end up selling WAY over priced. I guess people are just desperate for a good name, when they find one, they bid without thinking.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
More reason to list your good inventory?

@stock_post - regarding only .com notices, this ability is currently planned. We are improving the customization abilities, watchlist functionality, keywords and tld's, etc. Thank you for the suggestion. We also ask to take suggestions over our feedback portal at: http://www.bido.com/Feedback

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
More reason to list your good inventory?

@stock_post - regarding only .com notices, this ability is currently planned. We are improving the customization abilities, watchlist functionality, keywords and tld's, etc. Thank you for the suggestion. We also ask to take suggestions over our feedback portal at: http://www.bido.com/Feedback

Not trying to bash your site, I actually think it is a AWESOME idea, you have a incredible website, but something about the system doesn't work. Whether it be the voting, the 1 hour auctions or the lack of exposure.

Again, great site, great idea and I sure with time it's going to be a prime site, but not a place I would like to risk selling my domains nor having to pay a fee because it doesn't hit the reserve price due to lack of exposure.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not trying to bash your site, I actually think it is a AWESOME idea, you have a incredible website, but something about the system doesn't work. Whether it be the voting, the 1 hour auctions or the lack of exposure.

Again, great site, great idea and I sure with time it's going to be a prime site, but not a place I would like to risk selling my domains nor having to pay a fee because it doesn't hit the reserve price due to lack of exposure.

Hi Zurc, I'm not following... there is no risk like you mentioned. There is no fee to list and if your BidoPrice (reserve) is not met, you don't need to sell and therefore there is no commission or fee charged to you. It's free to list and risk free, if your domain gets voted in to auction with your price and does not sell with a winner, you walk away.

This is what I advise:
Join Bido, submit your domains for sale, visit your SellingPreferences page, enable "autolist" and put in your payment details, and kick back while they get votes and go to auction. After all auctions you'll get an email with the outcome and next steps to take to do the transfer. Enabling autolist like that is basically "list and forget" and if you make some sales, you'll be notified.
If you don't make any sales, you pay nothing.

Did you read somewhere to the contrary?

Thanks,
Jarred

axeman

The One and Only
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I actually like the BIDO idea, and i know they had some teething troubles to begin with, but they seem to have taken a share of the lower end of the market away from SEDO IMO, given the new regime of 50 $,pound,euro minimum, and a complete lack of service on SEDO's part.

Customer service is good, they are here answering questions, as opposed to SEDO.

If i can offer a downside, i think the website is a little cluttered and the site is very "busy", far too much going on for me to take in IMHO.

I have my first domain coming up for auction in a few days so i will be keen to see if it performs.

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Zurc, I'm not following... there is no risk like you mentioned. There is no fee to list and if your BidoPrice (reserve) is not met, you don't need to sell and therefore there is no commission or fee charged to you. It's free to list and risk free, if your domain gets voted in to auction with your price and does not sell with a winner, you walk away.

This is what I advise:
Join Bido, submit your domains for sale, visit your SellingPreferences page, enable "autolist" and put in your payment details, and kick back while they get votes and go to auction. After all auctions you'll get an email with the outcome and next steps to take to do the transfer. Enabling autolist like that is basically "list and forget" and if you make some sales, you'll be notified.
If you don't make any sales, you pay nothing.

Did you read somewhere to the contrary?

Thanks,
Jarred

Yes, on your website, unless you have recently changed this. I don't frequent the site. **Just went and read your new struction, same thing, but now you call them credits, which you have to buy.

The risk would also be the lack of exposure, but if you see that as a "no risk" situation, then... hrm... that might be the problem.

Take my critique as someone who really likes your site and would really like to see some changes for the better. I would love to own bido, but I wouldn't want to be selling there atm, MAYBE buying...

Thanks for listening, A+

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom