Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Registrar for domain reselling

best registrar for domain reselling

• opensrs

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • enom

Votes: 17 31.5%
  • dotster

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • stargateinc

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • dotregistrar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • directi

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • onlinenic

• joker

• namecheap

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • other good one

Votes: 11 20.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I see that there are many eNom resellers in this forum. I think many of you would be interested in a new company called www.wildwestdomains.com (ICANN accredited)

I haven't used them, but, after talking with their support (who will support reseller's customers as well as the reseller themselves) they're going to give eNom (who I currently use) a run for their money!!!

API is great.
Prices are lower then eNom without making any deposit!

Just looking for the best deal for my counterparts.

wildwestdomains.com

Have a good one!

-WK

IPatlas

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What are the prices, please? Enom gives volume discounts to volume resellers what do you mean the "prices are lower"? FOr whom?

Let me know

Originally posted by whiteknight
I see that there are many eNom resellers in this forum. I think many of you would be interested in a new company called www.wildwestdomains.com (ICANN accredited)
Your suggestion being that eNom resellers would dump eNom and run over to Wildwest? Based on what I see on that site? Really? Is that what you're really saying?

API is great.
It's not an "API." It's a hosted reseller interface. There's a helluva difference.

And when looking at said interface as implemented at http://www.actnowdomains.com, am I the only one who notices frighteningly similar design elements as we see on Godaddy reseller sites?

And, look... the reseller interface is hosted on secureserver.net which uses jomax.net as DNS -- both of which are owned by Godaddy.

And, look... wildwestdomains.com is, itself, registered at Godaddy. Why's that? Wildwest is, itself, ICANN-approved. Why does it need Godaddy?

eNom requires no "deposit," either. Rather, it's a purchase of a certain number of domains. That's what "reseller" means. That's the very essence of the definition of a reseller: One who buys inventory at wholesale, puts it on his own shelves, and then resells it at some higher price so as to make a profit. Since domains are intangible, the not-yet-registered, but clearly paid-for domains sit in the reseller's account -- the closest thing an intangible like a domain name can get to a "shelf," in this case.

Prices lower than eNom's? Wildwest's lowest price is $7.05/year. eNom's lowest price -- that it's willing to talk about publicly, as least -- is $6.95... and some of its oldest and largest resellers are doing a little bit better than that. Or are you saying that Wildwest offers lower prices for smaller blocks of domains; that, for example, at Wildwest one needn't purchase $495 worth of domains in order to get the $8.95 price like they need to do at eNom; that for a $495 bulk purchase, the Wildwest price is lower than $8.95? Is that it? If so, then I wish you had been clear about that.

And back to the "no deposit" issue...

Are you saying that Wildwest requires no bulk purchase; that it gives its $7.05 price to everyone? If so, then why does Wildwest's site use the phrase "...rates as low as $7.05." A phrase like that suggests that under certain circumstances the rate would be higher. If there's no deposit, what would those circumstances be?

...after talking with their support (who will support reseller's customers as well as the reseller themselves)...
eNom supports anyone who has a domain registered in the eNom system, no matter how it got there. eNom's tech support doesn't care if they support their own end-user cusomters, or those of their resellers.

they're going to give eNom (who I currently use) a run for their money!!!
C'mon... gimme a break! How do you come to that conclusion?

Where on Wildwest's site, or on any of its resellers' sites, do we see even a mention of the features that the end-user domain registrant may enjoy? Or have you forgotten about them? Remember them? The customers... without whom it doesn't make a whit of difference whose API you're using? Doesn't it bother you that neither on Wildwest's main site nor on its... as you call it... its "API" (which is not what it is, by the way) does it so much as mention a single end-user feature? How, then, can you possibly come to such a preposterous conclusion?

Did you actually do a point-by-point, apples to apples comparison of end-user features before you decided to waltz in here and declare that Wildwest was going to be able to give eNom a run for it's money?

And, in a million years, do you honestly believe that Wildwest's godawful reseller interface could possibly compare with eNom's new PDQ interface? Really?

Uh, huh. That's got to be your motivation.

So do you really think an eNom reseller in his right mind is going to make the decision to switch based on the sparse information we see on Wildwest's web site? Compare the wealth of information you can get on eNom's site -- if you're willing to take the time to read it -- with the smattering of information that leaves you yearning for more on Wildwest's site. Do you not see a night and day difference?

Do us a favor, will ya? Don't look for "the best deal" for us any more, okay? Your standards are too low.

I haven't used them, but...
Clearly. Perhaps next time you should before coming here and asserting that a registrar like Wildwest can even begin to compare with eNom.

Edited a misspelling on 7/17/2002

DotDealers

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Did you check the whois for WildWestDomains and Godaddy? They are the same company under different names.

Registrant:
Wild West Domains
14455 North Hayden Rd
Suite 219
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States

Registrant:
Go Daddy Software, Inc.
14455 North Hayden Road
Suite 219
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States

Just thought I would point that out...

Doug Dillard
NameClearance.com - Domain Blowout Sale!

Originally posted by DotDealers
Did you check the whois for WildWestDomains and Godaddy? They are the same company under different names.
Yes, I saw that. That's kinda' what I was sarcastically driving at with the Godaddy mentions.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Deselms~ Why are you so defensive guy?

I was merely sharing what I had found. Maybe I was a bit excited, but it doesn't give you the right to 'police' my statements. If you don't like what I say, don't reply. What, do you own eNom?

I have enjoyed eNom just like you and chances are I will stay there for some time; I know Go Daddy and wildwestdomains have some kind of affiliation but, Go Daddy is always making improvements and I believe this is the reason for wildwestdomains. They want to cater to the reseller. [snip ]snipped [/snip] If no one can say anything, other then what you want them to say; ALERT: it gets boring!!!

If you put the kind of effort into your domain reselling; that your reply contained, you wouldn't have time to spend hours defending something that you don't need to. Everyone here loves eNom including me, they don't need your cry-baby replies.

If you go to godaddys site and check out the private label option, they have this to say:

Go Daddy created Wild West Domains for one purpose and one purpose only: TO SERVE RESELLERS! In fact, you can’t purchase anything directly from Wild West Domains – you can only purchase through our resellers.

Wild West provides its resellers with the very best combination of pricing, products and support available anywhere. As a Wild West Domains dealer you can even meet or beat Go Daddy’s prices and make a nice profit doing so. But if your business model supports higher prices, feel free to charge them. You set your own pricing – you can make your product offering whatever you want.

Wild West Domains has its own professional staff, dedicated to making you successful as a domain reseller. The Wild West staff has only two goals: to provide you with superior service, and to help you and other resellers combine outsell Go Daddy!

If you’re a current Go Daddy Private Label customer, we’ve converted you to Wild West Domains automatically. All you do is log in and build your business! And if you’re thinking of becoming a domain reseller, now’s the time. Please – take a look around.

Welcome one and all. Welcome to all-new Wild West Domains, the hottest reseller program going!

Personally, I think its terrible choice of name.

I was merely sharing what I had found. Maybe I was a bit excited, but it doesn't give you the right to 'police' my statements. If you don't like what I say, don't reply. If no one can say anything, other then what you want them to say; ALERT: it gets boring!!!
Apparently you believe a forum like this one exists for some reason other than that for which it was actually created.

What, do you own eNom? I have enjoyed eNom just like you and chances are I will stay there for some time; I know Go Daddy and wildwestdomains have some kind of affiliation but, Go Daddy is always making improvements and I believe this is the reason for wildwestdomains. They want to cater to the reseller.
And eNom isn't always making improvements? eNom doesn't cater to the reseller?

If you put the kind of effort into your domain reselling; that your reply contained, you wouldn't have time to spend hours defending something that you don't need to.
Thanks for your concern about how I manage my time. I'm touched.

Everyone here loves eNom including me, they don't need your cry-baby replies.
Now who's defensive?

I just didn't want anyone to be misled, as I felt your posting was at least bordering on doing. Simple as that.

Sorry you didn't like my posting. I think it goes without saying that I didn't like yours. When you come to a place like this and make claims like you made, you must expect that they might be challenged. If you didn't know that before, then I'd say it's a good bet that you do now.

cheapville

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you forget WWD in the poll???

Andrei73

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
actually this is godaddy

I haven't used them, but, after talking with their support (who will support reseller's customers as well as the reseller themselves) they're going to give eNom (who I currently use) a run for their money!!!

API is great.

wildwestdomains.com

Have a good one!

-WK

wow! whole dispute here about it :)

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moved to the "Reseller Chat" forum.

By the way, the thread is from 2002. Please avoid bumping old threads, unless
it is a useful bump and topic. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators