Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Registrar for domain reselling

best registrar for domain reselling

• opensrs

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • enom

Votes: 17 31.5%
  • dotster

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • stargateinc

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • dotregistrar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • directi

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • onlinenic

• joker

• namecheap

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • other good one

Votes: 11 20.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

darren

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well, what's you favorite registrar for domain reselling. why you choose them? is it because of it's of stability, price, features or others?

Domain summit 2024
J

jimb

well, I currently have 3 domains with Dotster, and like it because of price and support. The software is pretty good too, overall they are good.

Jim

inww.com if you do reasonable volume. They are ICANN accredited and they are No1 on domainnamebuyersguide.com. I've been with them for over a year now and their online instant transfers are very useful for effecting fast domain sales.

They also have the balls to stand up to Verisign when they try to "steal" a domain name - thats pretty rare in this market.

L

luckyphil

For reselling I use godaddy who have been very easy to get along with, the downside is you pay $99.00 up front for them to set your licence/reseller site up, which is a bit hefty but, it is a good site and they provide everything including the merchant.

All in all they have been good.

Phil

darren

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hm.. I've checked both site..

You forgot my favorite... MrRegistrar.com
Do they provide API for reseller? or just using the 'Transparent' reseller?

Originally posted by safesys
inww.com if you do reasonable volume. They are ICANN accredited and they are No1 on domainnamebuyersguide.com. I've been with them for over a year now and their online instant transfers are very useful for effecting fast domain sales.

now, they are changing to melbourneIT.
wow, they sell it high, $35 per year a for all domain.

Originally posted by darren
now, they are changing to melbourneIT.
wow, they sell it high, $35 per year a for all domain.

Melbourne IT is INWW (Internet Names Worldwide) just to confuse you :)

The $35 per domain is end user pricing. If you do volume, then its much lower as in <$10 by negotiation.

J

jimb

Originally posted by luckyphil
For reselling I use godaddy who have been very easy to get along with, the downside is you pay $99.00 up front for them to set your licence/reseller site up, which is a bit hefty but, it is a good site and they provide everything including the merchant.

Once they set up the reseller account for you, do you appear in the whois as the registrar, or does it show godaddy?

Jim

Y

yahtool

I go through an OpenSRS reseller at $12 per year. May be more $$ than others, but it's worth it for me. At the least, I have to transfer a few names a month and I can do it with the OpenSRS admin system in less than a minute per domain. Now that they have domain locking, I'm sticking with them. It's all about convenience for me. I'll pay for that.

enom are ok, and have been known to go pretty low price wise. Transfers are free and very easy, they also do free dns and mail redirect which is handy.

Don't expect a lot of service though :)

Eric

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'll set up enom reseller accounts at no charge and will waive the 500 domain pre-payment requirement. Reseller registration and registrar transfer cost are those shown at CheapestRegistry.com. The fee for merchant services is 95 cents plus 3% of each transaction. You decide what price to charge for domain names over your cost. Email me at info@CheapestRegistry.com and I'll send you a login ID and password.

M

mike

Yahtool, Which open SRS registrars do you use? Eric, are the Enom reseller accounts you are offering via CheapestRegistry.com openSRS? If so, how much woud it cost me to set it up at my new site, URLDEPOT.COM?

Eric

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
eNom and CheapestRegistry.com are not Open SRS. I do not charge a set-up fee to establish a reseller accounts. We have dynamic DNS updates, real-time registrations, free online/paperless ownership transfers, free sub-domains, free email forwarding for up to 50 email addresses for each domain name, free cloaked and uncloaked URL redirection, etc.

Domain prices are as follows:

com/.net/.org price per year: $8.75
.us price per year: $8.75
.info price per year: $8.75
.biz price per year: $8.75
.tv price per year: $44.75
.ws price per year: $8.75
.cc price per year: $29.75

I can also set-up non-reseller account through eNom with the same registration prices as above. Non-resellers can "pay as they go" for registrations. Resellers must fund their account in $100 increments if they wish to register domains for themselves. This eliminates some steps during the registration process and is to their advantage. Resellers also have a more advanced interface.

It’s not necessary for resellers to establish hosting in order to start selling domains. You can use a customizable interface that eNom host known as Registry Rocket. Resellers also have access to free software (API) that you can use from your servers to automatically register names and place them in your account. Send an email to info@CheapestRegistry.com with your name and what type of account you need.

IPatlas

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I mean the average fee per year registration. What is it if one becomes a reseller directly with enom? How about through a high volume enom reseller(I hear some of them have higher volume than starting resellers)? Also, is there a way to bypass the $100 account funding increment Eric was talking about?

I would particularly appreciate hearing from enom resellers.

TIA!

IPatlas

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Eric, I went to your web site and basically I see the registration interface but I don't see any particular details regarding resellers. Will the reseller show up as the registrar when you do a whois or will it show enom as the registrar?

Eric

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You could create a retail sub-account for yourself and set the pricing for this particular account at 'your cost' plus merchant fees - no profit. You can also fund a resellers account with all or part of your available commissions.

Originally posted by safesys
...and they are No1 on domainnamebuyersguide.com.

I'm confused. Pointing my browser at domainnamebuyersguide.com just takes me to thecheapdomain.com -- a simple domain registrar... using the Dotster Instant Registrar interface, I believe -- as a URL forward in a full frame.

Where's the "Buyer's Guide" part? Safesys's original statement makes it sound like some unbiased review entity has given inww.com the thumbs-up.

What am I missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators