Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

reporter.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

TurNIC.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
People really have gone crazy. Namewinner has a bid of $10K

mohno

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If I had it, I would not sell it for ONLY $10K :)

Kid Kool

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
why? every place i enquired about this name days ago the bids were already 5-10k everywhere i went. best of luck though

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't buy it. :D

strongvis

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
why do you think? the names you post get bid higher by the deeper pockets . You arent going to get it so quit announcing names that are droppinng. It helps no one .

linkdomain

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by strongvis
why do you think? the names you post get bid higher by the deeper pockets . You arent going to get it so quit announcing names that are droppinng. It helps no one .

this is a public forum.... who made you the domain police?

Sheva

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

just my opinion...

I don't think there are peoples on this board that they don't know about names like that when they expire, also I think if someone here in the board doesn't know about it are not people that are bid amount like that, I mean I think that people that are bidding that kind of amount I think they know about names like that.

Also I don't think its a good thing to say to another member to shut up on things like that as this board is NOT a SECRET board.

again just my opinion.

Mike

Kid Kool

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

I'm not even trying for this name, and you are wrong about it helping no one. This is a friendly board and i may not post everything i know, but it helps from time to time when people share some things.

not to mention its thanksgiving

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can see it from both points of view as I once had the SnapBack for over a year on an excellent domain name and was disappointed to see it mentioned here a few days before the drop. Fortunately no one with deep pockets spotted the name's potential and I was able to get it for a sane amount with another drop service.

At the same time I respect the need for an open forum on domain names, and with this comes the unfortunate risk that someone will post a dropping name that you've been hoping will quietly delete.

It's because the drop game for good generics has recently become a battle of the wallets that I've given up on the drops because I can't compete with those telephone number bids.

It wouldn't surprise me if some drop experts may in fact let their top clients know which great domains are about to drop, to ensure the bids skyrocket. This wouldn't be illegal, but it isn't being fair to the members with average means.

I now contact registrants directly to negotiate a purchase.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by fizz

It wouldn't surprise me if some drop experts may in fact let their top clients know which great domains are about to drop, to ensure the bids skyrocket. This wouldn't be illegal, but it isn't being fair to the members with average means.

I now contact registrants directly to negotiate a purchase.

Indeed worth thinking about.If you got a lot of cash,that's a perfect way to make most of your competitors go away.
As for directly contacting registrants i agree as well; in fact that's one of the most promising ways to get hold of good names anyway.Although some owners have very unrealistic expectations, at the same time it's sometimes just unbelievable how many don't have a clue how much more their name is actually worth than what they're asking for.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No one who has $10,000 to spend on a domain name is going to be unaware that a name like reporter.com is dropping. People playing the game at that level didn't acquire that kind of money by being oblivious to what is going on in their business.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by beatz
As for directly contacting registrants i agree as well; in fact that's one of the most promising ways to get hold of good names anyway. Although some owners have very unrealistic expectations, at the same time it's sometimes just unbelievable how many don't have a clue how much more their name is actually worth than what they're asking for
Yes indeed, and the rewards of directly contacting a registrant can far outweigh the risks.

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now KID or anyone...how do you know its dropping today???

G.A.

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Congratulation.....George!

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not talking about a domain that is about to drop is a good idea in my opinion. Out of respect to those who already know about it, and are trying for it. But your right, chances are if its a good name, most will know about it. But, many great names do get by without many people knowing about them.

RMF

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators