Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

moniker Security Breach at Moniker

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

afloat.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We are answering the support cases as soon as possible. We have extra folks staffed to work through all cases and calls as quickly as possible We appreciate your patience.

Still waiting..

fleaking

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Marti, I did send you an email about 13 hours ago,
I have the same situation as givekudos and your customer support told me that my email on file doesn't belong to me anymore,
that's why I always can't receive the password
retrieve link.

Your customer support also said that the manager(the one who takes responsibilities on my issue) will call me back soon, so I left my phone number to him, but still no one calling till now...

I have been using SnapNames+Moniker for many years, and there are more than 150 domains in that Moniker account right now,
some of them are expiring soon, so I need your help to get my account back as soon as possible,
I am so nervous and so frustrating about getting no response.

Although I don't live in the USA, I need your help!!!!

PM sent!!

fleaking

Let us look into the reason you are not getting the emails. Could you please email me your account #?

Best Regards,

Marti
martij@[email protected]

Last edited:

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it worked for me in the end but only after having to enter my new long and complex password a total of 4 times lol... ie the system did not recognize my own name (?!), yet it recognized the answer to the alternative security question they gave me.... (i wish their system could preserve the new password you entered correctly twice already, and only ask you to answer the alternate question, but it doesn't.... pain in the butt as to that...)

but just about anything goes in the name of security ! lol

:lock1:

Last edited:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Fortunately Moniker does not have SSNs in file.
But I would assume that all data may have been exposed even though no damage was done.

fleaking

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mart, Thanks for your reply!
I just sent you another PM and Email.

fleaking

Wilhelm

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We are answering the support cases as soon as possible. We have extra folks staffed to work through all cases and calls as quickly as possible We appreciate your patience.

I sent several emails to Moniker support including your email address.
First email to Moniker was allmost 36 hours ago. I tried also the phone but i couldn't go through.

I have sent several times the email with the security question to my email address. But every time i get the message 'invalid answer'.

afloat.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I sent several emails to Moniker support including your email address.
First email to Moniker was allmost 36 hours ago. I tried also the phone but i couldn't go through.

I have sent several times the email with the security question to my email address. But every time i get the message 'invalid answer'.

Yep, still waiting for a response from support as well, very very poor

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
For an issue related to the password reset, I called support at 4:00 and was put on hold. At 4:15 my line got disconnected.
Called back immediately and about 8 minutes later I was able to explain the issue to support (it's complicated.)
Took about 40 minutes to resolve and I'm hoping that no further intervention will be needed in the future.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And just how can their system tell customers it doesn't recognize their own names when entered ? This is beyond inefficient, this defies logic. From seeing the comments here I was not the only one who after entering his name twice kept being told "invalid answer"

I guess I should consider myself "lucky" the security Q and my answer to it did seem to work...

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, I waited a while and attempted to log back in.

I was asked what hospital I was born in...I answered and it took the answer and granted me access.

Oddly enough, I don't recall ever being asked that question when setting up an account.

I guess when it came to answering my name, I (or moniker) must have been having a Jason Bourne moment...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Gerry, your real name is Frank Dickerton, a trained killer. You have a beacon implanted in your teeth and all of your data is owned by the NSA.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gerry, your real name is Frank Dickerton, a trained killer. You have a beacon implanted in your teeth and all of your data is owned by the NSA.
Done. That explains the tooth pain. I pulled my teeth out with a pair of pliers...no pain meds. Cut off my left foot to distract me from the pain in my mouth.

fleaking

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello Marti,

Did you read my last email & PM?
One of my important domains is going to expire today,
I need to renew it urgently, please help!

I am looking forward to hearing from you,
thanks...!!!

fleaking

afloat.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have given up any hope of Moniker answering my support email, what a fu*king joke they are now.

Lucky I managed to remember my secret question.

Wilhelm

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
After waiting for more than 4 days without any reply from Moniker, i phoned again this Monday.
I pressed '8' for calling back.
And less than 10 minutes later somebody from Moniker contacted me.

After asking a few question he sent me an
email with a link to the resetted password.
Unfortunately the link was not good; i got again
'invalid answers' .

Because the contactperson was still on the phone (while i was resetting the password) i could't tell him that his email didn't work.
His second email was better and i have now access again to my Moniker account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom