• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Sello.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ewillis1

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2005
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
I am considering selling it. I've owned it for a while. I really have no idea what I should considering for it. Do you have any ideas. I would really appreciate some insight.

Also, would dnforum be the best place to attempt to sell it or should I try sedo or something?
 
If there is such a thing as a valuable 5-letter .COM (without being an actual word); this must be it. Extremely brandable for a marketplace of some sort IMO.

"Sell your stuff at Sello.com!" :)

It's hard to put a price on it, but I don't think I would've let it go for less than lo-mid $x,xxx .
 
Thanks for the quick reply. That is encouraging.
 
"Sell Online"! mid $XXXX
 
LOL "without being an actual word" (from pcprofenno). Well guys, it means nothing in English BUUUUUUUT...

Sello means SEAL (as in corporate seals) in spanish. We use it ***indistinctly*** for many NOUNS:

Corporate seals
Seal embossers
Rubber stamps
Pre-inked stamps, self inking stamps
Date stamps
Wax seals
Logo or emblem
Any piece used to print or engrave an emblem on wax, paper, etc.
Decorative stamp/sticker
A watermark
Anything used to create a tight closure
(in certain Spanish-speaking countries we use it as synonym of gasket)
A closure, as on a package, used to prove that the contents have not been tampered with. (as in "sello de garantía")

Just to clarify its potential: I think that everyday use of the word "sello", at least in Venezuela, is, BY FAR, for rubber stamps of any kind.

I GUESS THIS MIGHT CHANGE YOUR PERCEIVED VALUE. SEDO IS A GREAT OPTION, CUZ IT HAS MANY SPANISH-SPEAKING VISITORS.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the insight Varlin. I'm setting up things with Sedo now. Do you think just a regular "make offer" sale is better...or should I try to the domain auction at sedo?
 
Try asking them to initiate a premium name auction (you have to submit it for consideration) which doesnt need an initial offer and allows you to set a reserve. Other than that, I would just initiate an auction right after any offer and see what the market says, but some ppl think that option is a bit risky. In this case, I'd be confident that market action will just tell you it's real value, whatever it is.
 
Thanks Varlin.

Varlin,

One more question. Is it typical for someone to promote their sedo auction here and on other domain name forums to stir up interest for the auction. I've actually received a few unsolicited offers here as well..but I may just do a domain auction as I think I may get a higher price. The right buyer I think would be willing to pay good money for this domain....especially someone creating something around ecommerce and having a budget/
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom