• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed shareware.cd

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Nousis

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2003
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
We will be developing the domain but some comments on how much it would worth alone would be highly appreciated:

shareware.cd

It will be a portal for shareware programs when developed.
 
should be already shareware.dvd, but it is nice.
a good marketing Gag. A marketing agency or a company that is in the shareware business could pay middle $xxxx
 
HI

I think your domain name fits the extension great but, it is not well known so unless you market it some what to get the word out there, I would say low $xxx but if you develop it and it becomes a popular site you could get some good money for it,

Anyway good luck..

Thanks
Tom Dahne
 
Thank you for all the responses. I plan to develop it and market it. I don't want to stay long in the shareware business so it will be developed for sale purposes mostly.

Thanks!!
 
i never heard of .cd.
is .cd cctld?
 
What do you mean 0?

That the domain has no value as a name?

Do you think that it's worth developing it?

Thanks!!
John
 
If you want make from this domain a project for Congo That's Fine

But at first i want to ask if there users in Congo who are interested

Honestly, I heard a little news from Congo as a country , How about The TLD ".CD" ?
 
The domain is registerred at Congo however it is accessible through any browser worldwide. People from US can access it too I don't think they will ever mind that the domain is located at the Congo registry.
 
Shareware.CD is a cool domain, a real marketing gag! So it's a brandable
domain with a good keyword. I'd say it's worth low - mid $xxx if undeveloped.
However, I read you're going to develop it in order to achieve a better sales
price: good luck with doing so! :) By the way, I don't think anybody would
worry about the fact that CD is a ccTLD of the Congo...
 
Dominik,

Thank you for your valuable input. I would consider the extension as a problem if the visitors had to do real transactions on the website. Of course we are not talking for a .com domain and I understand that the value if by far less that I would be getting for the .com equivalent. However, I am planning to develop a shareware portal on it that will link to software vendors. I already have the ideas and the software to develop it so I expect to launch it in a few days.

Thanks!!
 
I like the .cd

I myself own

data.cd (gets quite a bit of traffic - parked @ sedo)

hiphop.cd

I plan to develop both.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom