Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

cctld Showcase your .ca's

Status
Not open for further replies.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you're looking for domains try this. Go to:

http://www.keyworddiscovery.com/search.html

enter a word you're interested in, like for example soap

it'll return a list of the most searched for terms with soap in them.

then just search for these terms at a registrar in .ca to see if they are available. Pick ones you think Canadians would be interested in, or that would make good website names, etc. The more searched the term is, the more likely someone is to type it in with .ca at the end to see what's there.

There is a good video of someone showing how this can be done in 'bulk' style on Youtube, but I don't have the link to it (actually I think this was for .com searches). I usually just pick the terms I like and search for them one at a time.

Does anyone have a good 'bulk' style search method?

PepsiSlurpee

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow! That is awesome, I've already found a couple .ca domains available near the top of search keywords. Thanks so much hugegrowth.

After you register a few good names, then what is the best way to start monetizing them?
Any help, links, advice, anything on the matter I'd really appreciate.

sudesh

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No more coffee for you it gives you too much energy:lol:

I picked up jehovah.ca today in the drop at pool. Nobody else bid on it:?::?:

I can't believe no one else wanted it.

It was not jehovah.ca which was on TBR but jehova.ca and that may be the reason why no one went after it.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It was not jehovah.ca which was on TBR but jehova.ca and that may be the reason why no one went after it.

Geesh I have to start checking more closely for typos. Still it appears to be the most common mispelling? and gets 290,000 google responses so it shouldn't be a total loss. I'm still surprised no one else went after it.

Wow! That is awesome, I've already found a couple .ca domains available near the top of search keywords. Thanks so much hugegrowth.

After you register a few good names, then what is the best way to start monetizing them?
Any help, links, advice, anything on the matter I'd really appreciate.

This is a short post I made on another forum in response to someone who was excited about registering garbage domains and wondering what to do next. (not that your domains may be garbage but that is hard to recognize when you're just starting.)(and sometimes even when you have experience :blush:)

"The bottom line in any business is how does an asset purchase pay for itself.

Domaining is a business and our domains are assets. So I would ask you how do these domains pay for themselves. I see no product, business, social movement that these would relate to. And even if they had some slight traffic is would be so generic that conversion would be difficult if not impossible.

I only see sale to a future end user that decides to brand such a domain and I think that possibility is pretty remote."

You want to be sure that any domain you registered or found fits the profile.
Product, business or social movement?

PepsiSlurpee

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
check out Ron Jackson's site:

http://namenewbie.com

some good links at the bottom there too.

Thanks for the link, read abunch there, I usually just skim through things like this, but I was interested, and kept reading different parts. Helped me start to learn a few things. Like seeing if the search keyword on Keyword Discovery has 10,000 or more, and then cross referencing that with Google, using quotes too see if it has a million results, or 500,000 possibly. (Is that right, am I on the right track somewhat?)

And DropWizard, that makes alot of sense as well. Make sure the domain has a good profile, a business, product, or social movement, small or large, would want to use.

Has all been helping alot, names I was going to just register I have been sitting back and trying to research more.

Thanks for the help, and anymore is always appreciated. :)

spidergoat

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
macabre(dot)ca
profitmargin(dot)ca
christmasparties(dot)ca
atlanticlobsters(dot)ca
ultrahighdefinition(dot)ca

I guess ultra high definition is the next generation for high definition. absolutely all other main extensions are gone.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at 'macabre' the last two weeks, nice one word.

Does anyone know if celebrity names are ok to register in .ca? Like famous movie stars, etc., or will that likely land you in a dispute?

spidergoat

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
my one word ca's and their google results (millions)

promo(dot)ca 172m
ak47(dot)ca 24m
cathedrals(dot)ca 3m
expediting(dot)ca 1.5m
whiskies(dot)ca 1.6m
wideband(dot)ca 4m
slippery(dot)ca 15m
advertised(dot)ca 44m
sarcasm(dot)ca 13m
sarcastic(dot)ca 16m
slay(dot)ca 8m
spay(dot)ca 2m
sordid(dot)ca 3m
squeal(dot)ca 2.6 m
squealer(dot)ca 400k
strapless(dot)ca 5m
macabre(dot)ca 6m

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I like Promo and Advertised nice names :D Just picked up Snails.ca :D

NostraDomainus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i wonder how many will try to reg some millionth domain sorta domain on the day we hit 999,000 :)

I will try to rego:

OneMillionth.ca

So peeps - please don't rego the name on me :p

Viva .ca!

.ca Showcase PS: I picked-up Lineage & TeeOff off drop the other week.

spidergoat

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
using the great tools mentioned regged ...

rpggames(dot)ca - 30K keyword score, 4mil google

schoolloanconsolidation(dot)ca - 38K keyword score, number 10 among all "loan" related searches, 800K google

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
comical .ca thread. Don't speculate too far into the future or renewal fees will get you. Those were my mistakes early on. Muffles and trowels are available.

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Geesh I have to start checking more closely for typos. Still it appears to be the most common mispelling? and gets 290,000 google responses so it shouldn't be a total loss. I'm still surprised no one else went after it.

This is a short post I made on another forum in response to someone who was excited about registering garbage domains and wondering what to do next. (not that your domains may be garbage but that is hard to recognize when you're just starting.)(and sometimes even when you have experience :blush:)

"The bottom line in any business is how does an asset purchase pay for itself.

Domaining is a business and our domains are assets. So I would ask you how do these domains pay for themselves. I see no product, business, social movement that these would relate to. And even if they had some slight traffic is would be so generic that conversion would be difficult if not impossible.

I only see sale to a future end user that decides to brand such a domain and I think that possibility is pretty remote."

You want to be sure that any domain you registered or found fits the profile.
Product, business or social movement?

In so few words, that was well said.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Where is a good place to reg .ca how much?

and if you find a good one word .ca how much are they going for?

whats the highest sales of .ca anyone has heard of?

good to see you guys here :)
anyone near me in Hamilton/Burlington?

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Where is a good place to reg .ca how much?

and if you find a good one word .ca how much are they going for?

whats the highest sales of .ca anyone has heard of?

good to see you guys here :)
anyone near me in Hamilton/Burlington?

Hi

You'll find most around here prefer namespro.ca - sibername.com - 10dollar.ca.

One word .ca's vary wildly in pricing according to the very word on a number of different factors. Everything from registration fee on up.

There was a Toronto area .ca meeting held - look for it here on dnf.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone concerned about a downturn in the economy or recession, and effects on their .ca domains?

Nope!

Downturns = unemployed people looking for new fields = new domainers = prices going up = time to raise prices :smilewinkgrin:

It may affect companies but honestly they haven't been a large factor in the aftermarket to date anyway.

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone concerned about a downturn in the economy or recession, and effects on their .ca domains?

I'm a buyer, so recession or a slowing economy will only help my cause. It's possible parking revenue can go down as well as aftermarket sales, which also helps me. Gives my competition in TBR, Snapnames, and the other venues less money to bid up with.

If in fact domainers do have a hard time I can only suggest you all develop hands on. Make the best of your time. I'm sure in the long run the benefits will be worthwhile.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone from Quebec know why the term 'consignation' is sought after all of a sudden?

I have the .ca for this word and my hits went from <5 per day to now 140+ per day. I think it has to do with either recycling or consignment sales, but why the interest all of a sudden in mid January? Thanks for any help. (I think this happened last year around this time too).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators