Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld Sibername.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We do not recommend Sibername due to several episodes where domains disappeared or where unusual account activity occurred. There is also the issue where the EU registry threatened to delete all of the .eu domains registered through Sibername due to major business and operational errors at Sibername.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have had nothing but really positive experiences with Sibername on the TBR for well over 100 acquisitions over the last couple of years.

Not saying your bad experiences/issues didn't happen msn...just that mine has been totally different.

j

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I understand: you are looking at their TBR, and I am looking at the whole package.

For instance, .eu domains are probably not of interest to you, but if you got a hurried e-mail from Sibername telling you that all of your domains would be deleted in the next 24 or 48 hours, and that they can no longer register domains, you would really, really care about how they run things.

The TBR side is relatively safe: win the domain and move it out as soon as you can.

mbulent

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

This is Bulent from Sibername,

Please provide more details about your case and we will be happy to investigate this issue.

We have not heart that situation before and therefore I need the specifics of your case to enlighten the situation.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have used SIbername for a number of years and I have had no issue with their tbr or their registrar services.

-=DCG=-

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Please provide more details about your case and we will be happy to investigate this issue.

We have not heart that situation before and therefore I need the specifics of your case to enlighten the situation.

Bulent -

You are the very person who sent the e-mails to EuRID and the somewhat desperate messages about deleting domains.

Do you not keep copies of your outgoing e-mails??

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
only issue i ever had with sibername was some tbr names i own were for some reason listed as being owned by one of the sibername guys. i had to email them to get it changed.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had the same thing for some time (Emailing Eugene to make things work) but they seem to have gotten that sorted...at least for my last few TBR purchases they have gone right into my name almost right away after payment.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Here is a bit of background:

When the .eu registry was announced, it seems that Sibername created a company in the U.K. and used it to qualify as a registrar with EURid.

Unfortunately, Sibername either decided to save the cost of having the company continue, or their U.K. company was de-registered, but either way it made waves when it was discovered the domains were not registered properly:

HTML:
>> Thursday, November 8, 2007, 6:44:07 AM, you wrote:
>> 
>> > Dear Registrar,
>> 
>> > Some of the names which were revoked recently were registered under the
>> > name of Sibername.com ltd when in fact they should not be. We received
>> > copies of several proofs of payments from various entities to your
>> > company for regitering the .eu domain names under their name and it did
>> > not happen. In this case we may help those entities in reinstating those
>> > names but only under their name and back to your registrar account
>> > providing that all other requirements are fulfilled (eligibility
>> > criteria etc).   
>> > We appreciate if you would be so kind to confirm which registrations
>> > were supposed to be registered by other companies (not by Sibername.com
>> > ltd) and confirm their data.
>> 
>> > Kind Regards
>> > The EURid Team

Along the way, Sibername sent us copies of domain lists of other customers, and revealed more about how they messed up many registrations.

Do you remember now, or should we post everything to help you 'enlighten the situation'?

mikeyboy

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If they drop renewal prices. I use them more then just for TBR

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
These days usually Sibername, MYID or Pool catch the best names in TBR.

-=DCG=-

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good point - while Pool itself is not a registrar, I will start a thread for them.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Although we used to do a lot of business with Sibername the service was slow, up to something like 4 days to get emails answered.

We also won a group of domains in the TBR auctions which Sibername then sold to another customer that offered them more money.

We then "suffered" a unknown (new) glitch in our domain management panel that allowed several domains to expire without showing and lost them.

We also discovered a glitch in their panels allowed other CIRA registrants to access our domains and make changes to them. This was brought up with them and ignored and
subsequently became a CIRA registrar issue.

Since then we have removed all domains from them.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They are definitely quick to register TBR domain names though :). I am getting everything resolved pretty quick with them, no complaints.

They are fast, but fairly lousy with some other things: when a registry provider demanded proof from Sibername that domains had been properly registered by Sibername, Sibername asked us for the invoices because it seems that Sibername did not have them. :eek:

mbulent

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, this was 4 years ago . We had a problem and we registered back most of the domains Eurid deleted;

Last edited:

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, this was 4 years ago and I am just surprised you brought this up now. What is the hidden agenda here?

Let us go through this then:

It does not matter when it happened because it did happen.

Can you now simply admit the episode did in fact happen?

Secondly, it is not 'new' that it this matter what brought up. You can thank your buddy 'lionfish' for this.

Back a few years, as in the last few days, a user by the name of 'lionfish' suddenly appeared so as to 'take revenge' on fair but negative comments about your company.

Rather than you addressing the matter then of upset customers, you ignored it and blamed others, and now, four years later, as you seem to say, you seem surprised anyone cares.

As an example: you had a customer in Greece with some .eu domains who was told he would lose them, and you blamed EURid even when it was proven to be your fault.

You sent me his list of domains, too.

It also appeared that you were keeping some of your payments off the books, so when EURid required proof of payment to establish ownership of what seemed to be improperly registered domains, Sibername had to make up new invoices.

There are more things to say, but I do not see the need for doing so in public.

The answer you have put out today is along the lines of 'there was a problem and we eventually got back most of the domains Eurid deleted' - that is sure reassuring for people who wonder how you run things.

Sibername lost the domain registrations due to its own errors, did not find a way to get them all back - because it did not go to the new registrants and buy them - and did not so much as apologize.

By way of comparison here, Pool spent a tidy sum of money to buy a domain they were supposed to deliver to us, just to prove that they are honourable in keeping their word and making good when they made a mistake.

There is a world of difference between Pool and your firm.

Instead, your employee/freelancer/friend came onto this board back then with a new username and began a series of vicious personal attacks against me and at least one other person here.

After fabricating a series of lies and inaccuracies, he finally went too far.

Once he was challenged to prove it with money on the line, he disappeared until last week, and went to attack again as soon as I created a post entitled 'Not recommended: Sibername'.

I will note the title of the thread is now changed.

You personally threatened people here privately to influence was was said about Sibername, and pretended a few days ago that you had no recollection of the EURid episode.

Therefore, if there is a 'hidden agenda' here, it is yours.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, this was 4 years ago . We had a problem and we registered back most of the domains Eurid deleted;

Bulent:

It doesn't matter how long ago these things were. What matters (as I've told you time and time again) is HOW YOU HANDLE MISTAKES.
We all make them. It's how we react after that counts for integrity.

We won a bunch of domains at auction at your site. You know that you sent me a email. When a problem arose you personally assured me via email the domains were ours.
A week later they are sitting in the name of (a major) someone else in this forum. Whether you did it to pander for his business or potential opportunities here or because you were afraid of the consequences of turning him down or whatever it doesn't matter.

You breached your own auction terms. You breached the law (BTW) and subsequently pretended it wasn't your fault.

That makes your word worthless and that's the issue we NEVER FORGET NO MATTER HOW LONG.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have used SIbername for a number of years and I have had no issue with their tbr or their registrar services.
-=DCG=-

Now I have an issue with Sibername and i am not happy with how it was handled or should I say ignored.

-=DCG=-

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would like to direct the attention of the readers of this thread to the following link: http://www.dnforum.com/f615/sibername-known-grossly-incompetent-thread-452118.html

In April, I got off to a rocky start with Sibername, but all problems were solved perfectly, and explained thoroughly. Mind you, I haven't used them a great deal, so not much opportunity has come up for them to not meet my expectations, but when I have used them, they've done great for me.

I also might add, can you name another TBR registrar that goes to the effort to participate in the dnforum discussions, and makes posts publicly so that it is clear that there is nothing to be hidden?

Richard from Pool.com does make the odd post here and there, but you name any other TBR registrar... 10dollar.ca (or fastwebserver, whatever you want to refer to them as), myid, baremetal, burmac, etc. - and they simply do not have a prominent presence on this forum.

People are entitled to their opinions, and it is not my place to comment on other peoples' issues with Sibername. But all I can tell you is that I have had nothing but excellent service from them, and they have proven to be greatly accountable, above and beyond the call of duty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom