• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale sibername premium domian auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

revolution1

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
May 30, 2007
Messages
355
Reaction score
0
anyone following the sibername premium domain auction. I got four in there. Interested to see how it all plays out.
 
I saw a few of yours in there Christian, Good luck with the auction. I got a email from the guys at Irex and they have 4 names in there as well. I'm not really in a position to buy right now but I'll be keeping an eye on it for sure.

P.S looks like Bets(.)ca and Value(.)ca already have bids on them, I believe they started at $500 too.
 
Thanks Jason, i just wonder if it was publicized enough. I barely new it was going on until Roy mentioned it on fyo.
 
I know sibername sent out a email to there list and I got one from iRex Corp. My guess is none of them will see much action until tomorrow afternoon or just before close. But I'd be surprised if there aren't a lot of people watching them.
 
yeah i don't think there will be much action until close either. This could be big if sales are high enough it could alert potential .ca investors to the value of dot ca's . Alternatively it could be another day in the land of conservatism.....
 
I'll be interested in the results, this may be a good way to get more exposure and bids on names. Might be better to wait til January, everyone's getting into holiday mode now.

Hopefully this will be a good step in the .ca aftermarket, if it works well look for other registrar's to duplicate this auction format.
 
on sedo they pump extensions like .info .co.uk and .de but not .ca, i know that regs are higher for these extensions but still have never seen them promote .ca, correct me if i am wrong.
 
P.S looks like Bets(.)ca and Value(.)ca already have bids on them, I believe they started at $500 too.

I don't think so. I noticed the ones with so called bids were all owned by the same two domainers.

I suspect the "bids" are actually the reserves.
 
Sedo has a good rep for selling cctld's, but haven't seen them sell many .ca's, they mainly move European cctld's.

I like what Sibername is doing, and I think we'll see it more. As the supply of good .ca names dries up, they will have less action in the regular TBR, and will have to turn to .ca domainers for auction inventory.
 
Do one of you have the link for this auction?

Thanks!
 
I am lost..I can't find where the auctions are.
 
i think you are wrong b/c sibername said that when reserves are met it will say reserve met beside the name.

Well when I logged in there was a group of domains all owned by the same person with 3500 sitting next to each of them (3 domains as I recall). Another group owned by another domainer all had 1000 bids next to them (4 as I recall).

I find it hard to believe that these are/were real bids.

I just logged in and I see the bids have been changed. The domains that had 3500 bids on them are now down at 1000.

hx also had a 5000 bid beside it and is now changed to 1000

Somebody's playing games:sigh2:
 
i think they are ironing out the kinks in the new system
 
I saw the same as DropWizard as well - same as last week about the errors/bugs... maybe it's only something we in Greater Vancouver see!? :)

Will be following the results of the auction within an auction.

And re-reading what Sibername sent and please correct me if i am wrong - you have to place at least one bid to be able to bid further on any domain they actually catch in the drop? If it's (tbr domains) open to bidders who never even placed bids but are just waiting around to see what's actually caught - that's err ah.. a pain in the arse.

And revolution1 - I'm thinking you may have placed your reserves too high. :ok:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom