• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Sportsbook.mobi was sold for $XXX,XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domain Jedi

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2005
Messages
1,863
Reaction score
0
It has been reported on another forum that Sportsbook.mobi was sold for $XXX,XXX.

The member who sold this domain says that the actual price will be made known within 48 to 72 hours.

The member also mentioned that Sportsbook.mobi was originally registered on Oct 17th for $30.48.

WAHOO for .mobi!
 
The member didn't say...

My bet is that the final price of this sale will be made known tomorrow night on DNJournal.com
 
It has been reported on another forum that Sportsbook.mobi was sold for $XXX,XXX.

The member who sold this domain says that the actual price will be made known within 48 to 72 hours.

The member also mentioned that Sportsbook.mobi was originally registered on Oct 17th for $30.48.

WAHOO for .mobi!

If this turns out to be kosher then..........Jesus! :eek:
WHERE did it sell?
if its the .com owner, surprised they never tried to reverse hijack it as that's what twats seem to do these days. lol
great news for mobi :yes:
Pred
 
well most people call bets into their bookie ... this could become an automated betting site? or connect directly to the casinos sportsbook?... the potential is huge
 
I would never pay reg fee for this one...
 
I would never pay reg fee for this one...

i thought the same. it's not a term used in the UK.
google it , then tell me the same thing. lol
Pred ;)
 
I would never pay reg fee for this one...

well now that would obviously be a mistake ... my biggest problem with this sale is how i wouldn't have checked to reg it ... i mean the name is right up my alley and i find it hard to believe i didn't check availability!!!!
 
I´m sure we will see another mobis hate and love thread very soon...lol
 
I think this one may have been a trademarked grab...never available to the public...similar to diamonds.mobi

Otherwise October 17th was a magical day...as both very popular names were regged that day
 
'if' the seller has pulled this one off, i'm wondering how.
let's say you get an offer by unsolicited email, sedo etc, anyone will start low. the only way i can see this has happened is the seller has countered really high & the buyer through too much money or stupidity has gone up ridiculously high.
it has a lot of potential but would be surprised if it got more than high xxxx or low xx,xxx in an open auction with other bidders.
we will have to wait & see if the sale actually occurs before speculating really
Pred
 
I think concrete proof would be nice before allowing this balloon to fly too high.
 
Is it possible it was sold to sportsbook.com? A friend of mine think it is the case. But we may be wrong.
 
Is it possible it was sold to sportsbook.com? A friend of mine think it is the case. But we may be wrong.

that's the obvious conclusion , 'if' it has sold.
got any more info domain jedi? ;)
Pred :yes:
 
The WHOIS for Sportsbook.mobi indicates that the record was last updated on 13-Jan-2007 23:55:06 UTC.

At this point, it looks like we are going to have to play the waiting game for more info on this sale.
 
'if' the seller has pulled this one off, i'm wondering how.
let's say you get an offer by unsolicited email, sedo etc, anyone will start low. the only way i can see this has happened is the seller has countered really high & the buyer through too much money or stupidity has gone up ridiculously high.
it has a lot of potential but would be surprised if it got more than high xxxx or low xx,xxx in an open auction with other bidders.
we will have to wait & see if the sale actually occurs before speculating really
Pred

I agree with this analysis...the only way this goes for anything over high xxxx is the offer/counter offer method...
 
IMO it is pretty stupid to report a sale if you don't have the money in your account. We all know (the old heads) how these deals fall apart for one reason or another. What if at the last sec the buyer wants a NDA and the seller has already ruined it?

I hope it goes through but the seller should have been a bit more patient IMO.
 
This is what the member had to say about the sale of Gamble.mobi:

"hello,
Your sale of gamble.mobi was way too low.You may be have been listening to those who are preaching that dotmobi would fail. I say to these people are living in a false world. I sold sportsbook.mobi and very happy with the sale. Within the coming week or 2 weeks watch out for the release figure of how much sportsbook.mobi sold for? I do have other domain names. I do have strong hope on the above names.To those of you selling your.mobi far below it's value,this might come back and haunt you within the shortest possible time. I believe .mobi is going to be sucessful. thanks."

Posted: 12-18-2006
Post Edited: 01-07-2007
 
IMO it is pretty stupid to report a sale if you don't have the money in your account. We all know (the old heads) how these deals fall apart for one reason or another. What if at the last sec the buyer wants a NDA and the seller has already ruined it?

I hope it goes through but the seller should have been a bit more patient IMO.

yes i agree! you wait until you have your hands on the money before you do the cartwheels! lol
the whois changing helps the evidence but it might be he just paid for privacy with godaddy & it would be seen as an update.
it needs to be reported in the bible for me to buy it. oh, sorry, dnjournal - same thing ;)
Pred
 
IMO it is pretty stupid to report a sale if you don't have the money in your account. We all know (the old heads) how these deals fall apart for one reason or another. What if at the last sec the buyer wants a NDA and the seller has already ruined it?

I hope it goes through but the seller should have been a bit more patient IMO.

but where has it been said they don't already have the funds? the only thing i've seen is the exact amount won't be know for a couple of days
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom