Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Stock question..

Status
Not open for further replies.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A few months ago (well, more than a few) I bought 4,000 shares of a penny stock (for fun, but it seemed like something I'd want to invest in).

I just got a proxy ballot in the mail (normal) and I'm not sure about one item.

They want to increase their stock shares from 100 million to 500 million. They are NOT calling it a split. My question is - will I end up with 20,000 shares (5x what I had) or will I still only have my 4,000 shares and when the market gets flooded with 400 million extra shares I'll watch the price plummet (this will happen either way but at least if the former happens I'll end up with the same amount of $$).

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is an effort for the company to sell more shares to raise more capital. You get nothing more than what you own although I am sure they would appreciate you purchasing the new 4 million shares.

Kazzia

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You cant just throw more shares into the mix like the federal reserve (ha ha) bank does. If they did, then the value would decrease proportionately (unlike the fed). So you will have more shares at the split price - same value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom