Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Sub-Account vs. Normal Reseller

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainSage

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
What are the differences? Anyone make a list with advantages and disadvantages?

Domain summit 2024

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good question. I just signed up my self under a sub account. Would love to hear the differences between the 2. I'm a Enom newbie :)

Well, if your talking about eNom, in order to be a direct reseller, you have to pay about $7,000. If you can do this, I would recommend you do so. They can get you a cheaper price. Otherwise, you can get a sub-account with a reseller alot cheaper. We offer accounts for $7.20 for a setup of $50. If you went direct, the price wouldn't be much cheaper. Only $7.00. So, which seems more worth it? Everything else is the same. You go through eNom for everything. :)

Originally posted by ddesigns
Everything else is the same. You go through eNom for everything. :)
Does this mean that sub-resellers have a direct line to eNom for support?

-t

zoltan

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, you get the same support from enom, whether you are a direct reseller or just have a sub account. Unless you are registering hundreds (thousands) of domains a year, there is no reason to prepay enom, go with a reseller that has good rates, most of them will get you $7.10-$7.25 accounts for less then $30 setup.

Yes, you do get the same support. There are a few things that you need to go to your reseller though I think. One thing, before you signup with a reseller, make sure that he is willing to transfer your account if you wish to. If you ever happen to find a better price with another eNom reseller, you can switch over very easy back and forth between resellers. You just need the permission of the reseller. Most won't give it though because they would be loosing your business.

Originally posted by ddesigns
Yes, you do get the same support. There are a few things that you need to go to your reseller though I think. One thing, before you signup with a reseller, make sure that he is willing to transfer your account if you wish to. If you ever happen to find a better price with another eNom reseller, you can switch over very easy back and forth between resellers. You just need the permission of the reseller. Most won't give it though because they would be loosing your business.

Note: RegistryRocket cannot perform push a list but it also cannot get you below $8 for your customer. Thus, if you can get below $8 enom account, you don't have to worry about permission from reseller.

This section is to push a list of domain names from one account to another, within our system.

Enter the login id of the account that you would like to push this list of domains into.
Note: Contact information does NOT stay with the domain names.
The Billing Contact's "WhoIs information" will change to the new account's Billing Contact's information. Please verify and update all contact information after the PUSH is successful.

DomainSage

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
E-mail me if you want a reseller account.

zoltan

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
DomainSage, are you having a reseller account of a subaccount? :)

DomainSage

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I am a reseller, offering sub accounts.

By the way, I finally received clarification from eNom on my layered support question.

If you are a sub-reseller, you have to go to your reseller, and if they cannot support you, they go to eNom on your behalf - as a sub-reseller, you are not a customer of eNom.

Here's the reply from eNom support:
If you create a reseller account through eNom, then you are our customer and you would contact us directly for service.

If you have established your business relationship with one of our
resellers, they have created your account and extended their discount pricing on to you; therefore, you are their customer. You would contact them first for all service and domain assistance. If they are unable to help you, they will contact us for answers.
In this context then, not all resellers, sub-resellers are created equal.

-t

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators