Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

T.R.A.F.F.I.C auction- conspiracy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So you auction Indian domains to KGB agents in a cave? :spy: Are there any bats? Bats are cool. I notice your GoDaddy banners are gone. Was your cave sponsored by GoDaddy? How much does a cave cost? I think I want one for my auctions.

lol :lol:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Everyone at Traffic were Thunderbird agents. If you think that this is a joke then you have already been brainwashed. Take care.

Since this thread is a joke, allow me to state I am a fan of the Thunderbirds, Joe90, Captain Scarlett and Stingray :-D

Maybe the Mysterons run the central Registry!

seanboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thats a phony video. Those people are all hand puppets.

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any links to all of the domain names that were auctioned at TRAFFIC?

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
$150k for Forclosures.com? What a bargain.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Expect lots of foreclosures, what with the real estate bubble bursting.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Absolutely. Southern & Central Florida is one big soap bubble ready to go "pooof".

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Absolutely. Southern & Central Florida is one big soap bubble ready to go "pooof".

IMO the only thing holding things " steady " are the rates. As a realtor I feel a shift here as well ( near Toronto ) but the prices are still going up, turn over time is slowing though.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Well the prices took off a little under 2 years ago and they followed the reverse trend of the interest rates. Those that chose ARM loans were hurt the most. There is an over-abundance of homes in my area, so much that builders are downsizing their projects or offer huge breaks. The time to buy is NOT now. In six months, those who put their homes on the market during the past 4 months will have to lower their asking price by 10, 20, 25% even. Those who will benefit are buyers who want a permanent home; a lot of the homes during the rush were bought by speculators eager to flip homes for profit. But hey, we do the same for domains :-D

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see, location is a huge factor in the affects of a down turn. Havent seen prices here drop at all in 15 yrs. Florida and the US coasts in general tend to shift dramatically. My gosh if prices dropped even 15% here it would mean WW3 has occured...lol Its funny to see those flip a house shows on tv, here in SE Ontario those things NEVER happen. Buy and fix to make $100K ? Only in the states baby. That is the american dream.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The difference is that the appreciation during the past 2 years was driven by low interest rates; the lowest of the past 40 years! But people borrowed huge amounts of money. Economy is not strong, we have ongoing wars and live under the constant fear of terrorism. So the market is volatile while interest rates are close to those of 2001. So when a house is placed on the market for $340k and sells for $285k that means it was already way above realistic value. Prices drop when people have a need to sell and no way of selling unless they offer competitive prices; it's turning into a buyer's market at this point.

PerfectNames

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We haven't seen an analysis of the way shadows fall in this movie yet. Come on guys, it's been a few hours already...

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Its funny to see those flip a house shows on tv, here in SE Ontario those things NEVER happen. Buy and fix to make $100K ? Only in the states baby. That is the american dream.

I understand your lending policies are different in Canada. In the states we can lock in a very low rate for 30-40-50 years. Consider that at 5.5%, a payment on a $300,000 loan would only be about $1600. And that's mostly tax deductable. $1,600 may seem like a lot to someone now, but in 10 years they will most likely be ecstatic that they have that same monthly payment. I understand in Canada you can't go more than about 7 years on a loan. There's a lot of risk there that would certainly work to keep prices from going to high. If that 5.5% loan became 10%, your payment might look more like $3,200 per month.

Location is important as far as ability to build more homes. If you can build more homes nearby, that can bring down the price of existing homes. In some parts of the country you couldn't build a new home for 30 miles around without taking one down. I think that will help keep those prices higher. But the key really is the interest rates and monthly payment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom