Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Taking my domains out of Moniker. Where to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Have decided Moniker is no longer acceptable as anyones's lead registrar.
-Would love to hear what your choice of registrar is right now.- Thanks.-

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GoDaddy and Dynadot

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am doing the exact same thing, I moved over to Godaddy, like their executive support, and good pricing. Moniker is a joke, you can't even get them to answer the phone, or email.

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've been happy with GoDaddy. For reasons I won't go into, I began transferring those domains I had at Moniker to GoDaddy this past month. Most of my domains have always been at GoDaddy; so consolidation was a part of that decision, but there were some issues at Moniker as well. I've always found Moniker customer support to be responsive; I just haven't liked some of their responses. No grudge. I hope they get better.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am curious... why is enom never really mentioned in these threads? I have been with them for over a dozen years, and have had nothing but an amazingly pleasant, inexpensive and easy-to-manage experience.

In my opinion, enom wins or ties every other registrar I have used over these years (usually, just to accept a purchase before I move it to enom)

But I wonder if I am missing something when I never hear people talking about it.

What's the deal?

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't have much experience with Enom. My primary reasons for using GoDaddy are (1) cheap rates, (2) executive account assistance for large portfolios, and (3) access to GoDaddy's selling platform. There are pros and cons with any registrar choice, and Enom probably has its good points. The interface at GoDaddy isn't ideal, for instance. I've seen better at other registrars.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am curious... why is enom never really mentioned in these threads? I have been with them for over a dozen years, and have had nothing but an amazingly pleasant, inexpensive and easy-to-manage experience.

In my opinion, enom wins or ties every other registrar I have used over these years (usually, just to accept a purchase before I move it to enom)

But I wonder if I am missing something when I never hear people talking about it.

What's the deal?

just curious how much do you pay for a .com renewal?

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
namecheap, is the best for me. Although their price is fair or may not beat godaddy, but they are top of everything if you need something. One of the best experience so far.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
just curious how much do you pay for a .com renewal?

When I first got my reseller account, I had $6.99 registrations & renewals (ah, those were the days). Now I pay $9.04.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't have much experience with Enom. My primary reasons for using GoDaddy are (1) cheap rates, (2) executive account assistance for large portfolios, and (3) access to GoDaddy's selling platform. There are pros and cons with any registrar choice, and Enom probably has its good points. The interface at GoDaddy isn't ideal, for instance. I've seen better at other registrars.

Also, if you have an executive account, and have DTVS turned on, it is virtually impossible to have a domain stolen. And to reiterate, it's hard to beat go-daddy-s' exposure through their auctions and/or premium listings. Yes, their interface is clunky, and they are crazy with their marketing & upselling, but if they're try to sell *your* domains with it, or you are an affiliate, that's a good thing. Regarding enom; I hate to do business with a company that will try to charge me $35, then drop to $20 ($19?) when I transfer out. Reminds me of when ATT tries to drop their prices to get you back after you already switched. Don't play games with me. Be fair to me in the first place and I might have stayed. Oh, and if you want to transfer out your .us names, make sure they have actually synced with the registry in the last year to get the whois in your name.

my 2 cents.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Regarding enom; I hate to do business with a company that will try to charge me $35, then drop to $20 ($19?) when I transfer out. Reminds me of when ATT tries to drop their prices to get you back after you already switched. Don't play games with me. Be fair to me in the first place and I might have stayed.

I never experienced this. Why/when/where/how would anybody be paying $35 these days???

afloat.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Beware of Enom, they are not domainer friendly and in the past have just done whatever they choose without any accountability, there's threads on here if you care to research. Might be fine until you run into issues..

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I never experienced this. Why/when/where/how would anybody be paying $35 these days???

unless you have resellers account you can't get good pricing. enomcentral.com is 35 bucks for renewal.

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
unless you have resellers account you can't get good pricing. enomcentral.com is 35 bucks for renewal.

A lot of folks around here can set you up with an enom account that has better pricing. I think my account is 9.95. I still don't use them because there are cheaper alternatives and I've had some bad experiences with .us domains as mentioned by someone else up thread.

A few folks mentioned Namecheap, and I like them, but aren't they an enom reseller? Had great service from them, but price is a bit high and had a .us issue with them because of the enom connection.

Last edited:

dejanlesi

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I moved away from Moniker and Godaddy to Dynadot. Their bulk pricing is great and their support is also very good!

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A lot of folks around here can set you up with an enom account that has better pricing. I think my account is 9.95. I still don't use them because there are cheaper alternatives and I've had some bad experiences with .us domains as mentioned by someone else up thread.

A few folks mentioned Namecheap, and I like them, but aren't they an enom reseller? Had great service from them, but price is a bit high and had a .us issue with them because of the enom connection.

I would never use a random reseller, only if i could get my own account but then you have to pay like 700 bucks or something for it. A company like namecheap is an exception, yeah they are a reseller but not just some guy on a forum.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have set up a number of resellers over the years under my enom account, and none have ever experienced any trouble (that I am aware of). I guess it is the luck of the draw.

It is not as lucrative as it used to be because my base cost has crossed the $9 mark, but I still stand by enom as an easy, dependable platform that provides excellent value.

Domain Master

Domain Master
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
To me its a no brainer.... Take em all to Go daddy...

With all these $1- $5 domain transfer coupon offers from go daddy, no one can compare with that... nobody... imo

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all who've posted.- Did consider all mentioned registrars but Enom.- Jack Gordon you got good pricing as a reseller but if you no longer are then the Enom folks must like you.- If you go to their website as a visitor (enomcentral.com for the masses as enom.com is just for resellers) you'll know what we mean.- Had a domain there only once I think from Snap which was with Enom which they offered to renew for $29+change and that wasn't so long ago.- Domainers don't mention Enom much because unless you're a reseller you can't afford them.- Enom also charges so much for extras.-

domainsinc is right about that $35 renewal Enom had at some point. I've seen it so at least that was their pricing for non-resellers for some time.- As for other places charging $30 or $35 just head for Network Solutions Jack Gordon- And I've seen a couple others with that crazy pricing which don't come to mind right now.-

- I have domains with Dynadot but they are pricey.- Moniker wants $6 per month for url forwrding for heaven's sakes on top of all their serious issues but their extras is not why I'll be moving my domains out.

Godaddy must be getting better from your comments.- Have seen domainers come down very hard on them right here not so long ago.- Maybe they've earned a second look.- I hate their two month lock if you make any changes on your domains and I don't find their support very good.- But I'll consider GD too.- :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom