Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

cctld TBR domains for .ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainLobe

Internet Ventures
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm in an auction for V-I-P.ca at Siber.

Can you believe it, an L-L-L.ca?

That's great to see!
Seems there may eventually be a market for L-L and L-L-L.
Good price for V-I-P.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I was taking a look at May 28th TBR ...and there are a few gems in there.

It may be a very interesting week :)

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Uh oh....don't tell me you've all lost interest already!

Daem0n

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
haha I hope not also! I am just on vacation. I will post my "winnings" when I return. Did anyone snap-up anything good? I am noticing a lot more competition in the last few weeks...it's almost not worthwhile anymore for me. We shall see how TBRs are in the up-coming weeks.

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Nice dobes....but i'd prefer..

09-f9-11-02-9d-74-e3-5b-d8-41-56-c5-62.ca

it's reg fee....so a cheap pickup :)

dobes399

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yea right, about a year ago. How could I have forgotten that memorable 09-f9-11-02-9d-74-e3-5b-d8-41-56-c5-63 sequence?

Actually that was a good catch Michael, I was thinking it was just another
Martian invasion code.

:)

Nice dobes....but i'd prefer..

09-f9-11-02-9d-74-e3-5b-d8-41-56-c5-62.ca

it's reg fee....so a cheap pickup :)

I like the way you think! You just saved me a few hundred bucks at action. I'll go for the hand reg you suggested if it isn't already taken. :smilewinkgrin:

Last edited:

dewd

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yea right, about a year ago. How could I have forgotten that memorable 09-f9-11-02-9d-74-e3-5b-d8-41-56-c5-63 sequence?

Actually that was a good catch Michael, I was thinking it was just another
Martian invasion code.

:)

I like the way you think! You just saved me a few hundred bucks at action. I'll go for the hand reg you suggested if it isn't already taken. :smilewinkgrin:

Domain: 09-f9-11-02-9d-74-e3-5b-d8-41-56-c5-63-56-88-c0.ca

Domain: 09-f9-11-02-9d-74-e3-5b-d8-41-56-c5-63.ca

Daem0n

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anybody pick-up anything decent from drop? I saw a few at Sibername go high in auction. Ampd.ca was a good catch I think..depends on if the trademark is still active. It went for $151.

Others that I was involved with (those are the only ones I can see) are:

rno.on.ca - $483
ntz.ca - $135
forza.ca - $47

Others are currently in auction at Pool...

Daem0n

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jenkins.ca - $411
cafe.ca - around $5600 I think

Last edited:

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great thread this. Looks like .CA is currently a great investment and no doubt always has been.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I played this week and got four so far. My fav and surprised to see everyone passed it by - arctictours - already big business and growing every year. Go go global warming!

That's one thing about the changed whois protection - no longer can we easily see who scooped what we wanted or outbid us etc.

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am noticing a lot more competition in the last few weeks...it's almost not worthwhile anymore for me. We shall see how TBRs are in the up-coming weeks.

These tbr threads get alot of attention on the forum, and in general population through SE's. The more we talk about stuff we already know about, the more people jump in for the opportunities. Until there is a glimmer of an aftermarket in .ca your all just making it harder on all of us by telling everyone with some cashflow about the investment potential. I've owned many business's (mostly retail/wholesale) anytime I've had the edge I've always kept it hush.

On a sidenote, alot of big corporation domains are popping up with 3 worders. Many small business sites are also getting by just fine with the uncommon choice of longer "available" domains. We're hogging up most of the good domains with rediculous aftermarket prices (myself included) With the many possible and memorable 3 word phrases, and ad campaigns, it doesnt cost a whole lot to maintain a good online presence.

As much as many of us enjoy talking "tbr".. your all just creating your own competition. If your buying in TBR, and your talking about it here creating a buzz, I simply don't understand your business sense.

No offence to anyone here by the way. I'm just a regular buyer scooping up all I can in the buying market. It's not a sellers market yet. At least not alot in the aftermarket. A few sales between domainers is not a good valuation of investment potential in the case of our .ca

Kevin

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's possible to keep it hush-hush anymore, the cat has been out of the bag for a while. And even then domaining still seems like a low profile industry - many of us are on these forums because there is no one else to talk domains with in our everyday lives!

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I hear what you're saying and it reminds me of all the people that used to complain years ago about "The 6am Goldrush" article that brought so many new people into the domain industry. I bet there's lots in the canadian forum alone that read it and came searching.

The after market for domains in those days wasn't great in fact it resembled the .ca aftermarket today.

But it took all those new investors and their cashflow and their talk to start the stampede that created the vibrant aftermarket we have today.

So get what you can and buy as much as you can afford because it's going to come and I for one will welcome them with open arms.

Talk it up :blabla::phone:

Daem0n

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with the last two comments on this. I see where Jacksplat is coming from also and I thought that way a few months ago. But, the more I thought about it, the less sense it made to keep hush hush about it.

The more people in the industry, the better. Also, we want the .ca market to stay current with the other markets. Since only Canadian citizens (or a Cdn presence) can buy .ca names, there has to be a bit of a different investor/company/buyer involved.

We can only learn from each other and since the market is still in it's early stages, why not help it grow? I'm not greedy...I'm willing to share my ideas and information with others if they're willing to teach me something as well. There are so many great names out there, half the fun is searching for them. There's not enough time or money to register them all so I'm not worried.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's the 'new blood' that will develop the market and you know what they say about price and demand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators