Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

cctld TBR domains for .ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daem0n

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes exactly! I also don't see anything wrong with price history. I can understand that some people don't want certain domains' pricing being shown, but in order for you to resell a domain or a domain that is "similar" to another, you need to show pricing history. Any good market out there needs consistent data. So what that you bought a domain for $10 two years ago and now it's selling for $10k, that's the market...if someone finds out about it, it's not going to kill your sale. Chances are, they already know this information and if not, then they haven't done their research.

This is my .02c. I have no problem telling you how much I paid for a certain domain some time ago, because that just means that you'll be paying more than that now if you want to acquire it from me. I don't often buy houses or condos and resell them below cost, it just doesn't make sense. The market also needs to at least keep up with inflation.

Anyhow with all of this said, let's get back on topic and post some more TBR domain prices!!

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got a couple this week for min bid at Siber:

netgold
imusique

was also in auction for teencam but didn't pursue it, last I saw was at around $250, does anyone know the close?

Daem0n

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Pool auctions ended today. Because I wasn't involved with many, I can only report one sale. Maybe someone can fill us in on any others...

RYL.ca - $141

lotsofcoffee

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How much did w4.ca go for?

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
lots of LLL.ca were in the drop, NamesPro actually got w4.ca. other good ones were networkers, merde, smb

I didn't even think of namespro this week - they have done very poorly as of late... :disappointed:

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
how much did w4.ca go for?

333$

I didn't even think of namespro this week - they have done very poorly as of late... :disappointed:

Some weeks there a no-show. I rarely use them for tbr partly because their bidding system is laborous and they don't try 80% of the time.

I will say though, they are one of the best registrars around. Too bad they don't put the same focus on tbr. I win domains all over, then transfer them to namespro and baremetal.

TBR is a big job, and being a registrar is a big job. Can't easily do both top-notch I'm guessing. I get my best wins from the wurst registrars :/

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I figured W4 went for cheap, if you are top bidder at namespro and they get a name for you it's usually a deal, but I wonder if they got lucky with W4 or do they have a new system for getting TBR domains?

lotsofcoffee

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jacksplat! Someone got a phenomenal deal.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I figured W4 went for cheap, if you are top bidder at namespro and they get a name for you it's usually a deal, but I wonder if they got lucky with W4 or do they have a new system for getting TBR domains?

Looking over what else they got it appears to be the same system. With so many lll's dropping this week it was not that surprising I guess that they did snag something good. And it was the highest backorder on their system for the week.

And speaking of lll's what up with all of them dropping the past few weeks? They do sell on the forums/auctions for $1xx and up so who is letting them drop without trying to sell first? Does this speak to their larger value?

Daem0n

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it's probably a couple people who either forget they owned the LLLs or couldn't afford them. I have no idea, all I know is I let a couple LLLs drop last year by accident by not "being around" for a month. Oh well, expensive lesson learned lol.

Two more sales:

tus.ca - $297
xcc.ca - $121

Ricks

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on what future holds for Canadian TBR?

The past year I've noticed some drop catchers raising minimum prices, bidding prices are rising, some more catchers are switching to "post-drop" secondary auctions, etc.

I'm curious if CIRA has any changes being discussed ...

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the only thing for sure is that there is more competition, more domainers getting involved, and prices are going higher in post-drop auctions.

if Cira is thinking of changing how the names are released, they haven't let on.

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jacksplat! Someone got a phenomenal deal.

I did. Wasnt long ago these 2 chars went unoticed. Too many snappers hittin TBR now. Not as many good ones dropping nowadays doesnt help either.

the only thing for sure is that there is more competition, more domainers getting involved, and prices are going higher in post-drop auctions.

I've gotten lot of flack for telling the few TBR hunters to Shhh about it. The more we rave, the more competition will brew. At the end of the day, we're paying 4-5 times and sometimes 10 times what we paid a couple years ago. I've gotten sweet names in the past for less than a hundred bucks. This year I'm hitting xxxx each week or two for one name. I only spent 1900 this week in tbr and did ok, but i got very lucky.

Daem0n

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Were these final prices? I'm sure there were some last minute bids on a couple of these:

bjp.ca - $250
ewq.ca - $101
ghj.ca - $101
glq.qc.ca - $2250
hjk.ca - $101
islandtravel.ca - $70
lkj.ca - $100
otk.ca - $259
smb.ca - $655
tbb.ca - $615
tlx.ca - $101

Last edited:

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
A couple corrections :

smb.ca - $655
otk.ca - $259

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Got canadianregistration so far. See y'all in the auctions for more!

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Some decent drops this week and next...may be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom