Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

The Official Auctionpus.com Thread - 8 Auctions Per Day - Low and No Reserves

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnbknowledge

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Only about 3 hours left until today's auctions end (all of them will end today at 2 PM EST):

AxleCap.com
AxleCaps.com
RuchedDress.com
RuchedDresses.com
MahjongPuzzle.com
MahjongPuzzles.com
PineHeadboard.com
PineHeadboards.com

Domain Summit 2024

SBDomains

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Looks like today's sales are not very profitable for sellers!

dnbknowledge

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Looks like today's sales are not very profitable for sellers!

Yep, all of them are mine though.

Only about 4 minutes left and btw: the numbers you see on the homepage are the minimum bids you guys have to place. In order to find out what the current bid is, subtract $10 (I went with $10 increments). In other words, you need to bid $11 atm in most cases.

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

Here are the 8 auctions which started a few minutes ago and will end tomorrow at 2 PM EST:

Links.biz

The possibilities are endless: as an investor, it can represent the #1 gem of your portfolio and as a developer… we don’t even know where to start! Everything revolves around links on the Internet, the 201,000 exact match global monthly searches and 16,600,000 broad global monthly searches of the term “links” speak for themselves.

Microtomy.com

Impressive one-word dot com domain which practically describes an entire industry. Microtomy is the science or practice of preparing extremely thin slices of tissue for study under the microscope. Let’s just say that the devices which are being used are anything but cheap, so there’s definitely a lot of money to be made.

BirdBeds.com

Domains which have to do with popular hobbies will always be in demand, this two-word product name dot com is just waiting to be turned into an ecommerce website or sold to a motivated end user who wants to take his or her hobby to the next level!

IvoryGifts.com

Exotic gifts are always a great way to show another person just how special he or she is. A lot of people earn a living by selling ivory gifts and let’s just say that each and every one of them would LOVE to own Ivory Gifts Dot Com!

GeographyAtlas.com

The best possible domain name for an interactive online atlas, perhaps something similar to Google Maps. With 2,900 exact match global monthly searches and 12,100 broad global monthly searches, it should be clear that we’re talking about an extremely juicy term!

MaverickMountain.com

A great pick for all you geo domainers out there. Tourism, tourism, tourism! Investing in a domain which represents the name of a popular destination is always a smart idea, we won’t insult your intelligence by explaining why!

DebateTechniques.com

More and more people are sick and tired of feeling embarrassed whenever they have a conversation with another person or whenever they have to speak in front of others. Find information about debate techniques, package it as an online course and sell it to them… now!

LemonTopaz.com

Lemon topaz is extremely popular in the jewelry world and as we all know, we’re talking about a TRILLION dollar industry. It shouldn’t come as a surprise that jewelry-related domains have always been popular, so what are you waiting for?

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
design sucks... name sucks............ not sure what else this thing has going for it ?

lol

looks like it took 15 min to put everything together

if you wanna be successful in this biz and be taken more seriously you have to spend more than 15 mins on a biz plan and carefully execute.

my 2c

dnbknowledge

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
design sucks... name sucks............ not sure what else this thing has going for it ?

lol

if you wanna be successful in this biz and be taken more seriously you have to spend more than 15 mins on a biz plan and carefully execute.

my 2c

Thanks for posting your 2 cents, no hard feelings. I've quoted this post and we'll let the market decide what happens. Let's both agree to drop by this thread one year from now and draw conclusions. We'll have your post as the starting point and the person who will be proven wrong will place a visible "Dear World, I Suck" message on his blog's sidebar and on his DNF and NP signature. Sounds good?

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

lol

my 2c

Sometimes simplicity, and a little "goofy" play well. I'll chalk up today's auctions as a bad day for Auctionpus, and I think his concept may have some merit and possibility. Need to get some better names on there, though - or at least some sellable ones.

Mike031, As someone who has 100 sites/domains up for auction at Latona's and what appears to be only 4% bid on, you know...glass houses...stones...whatever :rolleyes:

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
one year???

i think auctionpus will be history in 1 - 2 months tops if you dont start making changes as soon as yesterday ;)

...unless of course you have a sahar + jarred backing you who have plenty of money to burn

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL, dnb, you are funny... unfortunately i cannot even take anything you say seriously because auctionpus.com is a big joke right now, in it's current state.

When you have something decent to show for...... whole different story.

dnbknowledge

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
LOL, dnb, you are funny... unfortunately i cannot even take anything you say seriously because auctionpus.com is a big joke right now, in it's current state.

When you have something decent to show for...... whole different story.

Alright, so you're out. Too bad, could have been fun. Either way, we have your quote as a starting point and conclusions will definitely be drawn one year from now. A "Dear World, I Suck" message would have been a nice bonus though.

dnbknowledge

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Only about 10 minutes left until today's 8 auctions end. Links.biz has a reserve of $899, it's today's only "Reserve Not Met" domain, visit http://www.auctionpus.com for the complete list ;)

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

Here are the 8 auctions which started less than 5 minutes ago (all of them will end tomorrow at 2 PM EST):

Uncontent.com

Powerful one-word dot com domain, a term more and more people are using these days. "Uncontent" is the polite way of saying "pissed off" and economically speaking, 95% of the world’s population can be categorized as either “uncontent” or “soon to be uncontent”!

CarTerms.com

More and more people are interested in finding out how they can fix their cars without having to pay the mechanic a visit and let’s just say that finding a better domain for something like a “Car Terms for Dummies” guide would be next to impossible.

PixieShoes.com

With and 27,100 broad global monthly searches and 1,600 exact match global monthly searches, it should be clear that PixieShoes.com is a keeper, either as a “buy and hold” investment or as a future ecommerce site!

DogBloopers.com

Everyone knows that sites with funny animal pictures can and will go viral, remember the lolcats phenomenon? It should come as no surprise that the term “dog bloopers” has an impressive number of monthly searches: 5,400 exact match global monthly searches and 9,900 broad global monthly searches!

HendersonColorado.com

Premium geo domain with 6,600 exact match global monthly searches and 18,100 broad global monthly searches. If you’re serious about taking your geo domain portfolio to the next level, you know what you have to do!

PoliticalWeblog.com

Political opinions are like you know what, everyone has one. You probably want to have your voice heard but that will never happen unless you’re able to put credibility on the table and what better way to start than by owning an authoritative domain such as PoliticalWeblog.com?

QuartzRocks.com

With 1,300 exact match global monthly searches and 14,800 broad global monthly searches, QuartzRocks.com is definitely a domain anyone in the jewelry industry would LOVE to own!

LegalRealism.com

The term “legal realism” has 2.400 exact match global monthly searches, 6,600 broad global monthly searches and an estimated average CPC of $1.15: need we say more?

Last edited:

dnbknowledge

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
4 auctions have been extended:

https://auctionpus.com/bid/Uncontent.com
https://auctionpus.com/bid/PoliticalWeblog.com
https://auctionpus.com/bid/DogBloopers.com
https://auctionpus.com/bid/QuartzRocks.com

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

Here are the auctions which started today at 2 PM EST:

MiniGolf.mx

With a population of 106,350,434, the Mexican market is definitely extremely attractive and let's just say that people would not be surprised if a domain like MiniGolf.mx will be sold to an end user for a record-breaking amount in the future.

LBoard.com

"Brandable" is an understatement! This domain name has been registered back in 1999 and literally anyone can remember it. The buyer will also receive the domains "LoonyBoard.com" and "LooneyBoard.com" as a bonus.

Rail.mobi

The stats speak for themselves: 20,400,000 broad global monthly searches and 246,000 exact match global monthly searches. A great choice for a site that has to do with booking tickets if you're on the road: people who are desperate for a last-minute ticket will LOVE it!

GeekMovies.com

If you've been living under a rock, we have some news for you: geek movies, geek music and so on represent the wave of the future. That's the great thing about the Internet, industries which most people thought would never exist have emerged. Take advantage of the fact that you're able to buy domains like GeekMovies.com on the cheap or let others snag them: what will it be?

FitnessWeblog.com

People are sick and tired of being fat, teach them how to get in shape and make lots of money while you're at it! We're talking about a very competitive industry, so you need an edge if you want to be taken seriously and FitnessWeblog.com is BY FAR the best domain for a fitness blog that money can buy at this point.

DataControllers.com

Not anyone can be a data controller, there's a LOT of responsibility involved and it should come as no surprise that this term is quite lucrative: its estimated average CPC of $3.24 speaks for itself!

TribalWallpapers.com

Wallpapers have been and will continue to be in demand, the stats make this perfectly clear: the term "tribal wallpapers" has 5,400 exact match global monthly searches and 12,100 broad global monthly searches. Need we say more?

GiantSalamanders.com

Two words: exotic pets! This much is certain, people are becoming more and more interested in exotic pets. These people are ready to practically throw money at you, will you let them? If not, don't worry, others definitely will!

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
would be great if you publish the prices of the domains sold at your website to see the trends.

dnbknowledge

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
would be great if you publish the prices of the domains sold at your website to see the trends.

We're working on it and we're also working on a new design. Something like what you can see below but I think we'll be putting the domains where the bids are and the other way around so that the domains stand out.

Here's a pic:

Do you guys like it?

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We're working on it and we're also working on a new design. Something like what you can see below but I think we'll be putting the domains where the bids are and the other way around so that the domains stand out.

Here's a pic:

Do you guys like it?

Great. But the design needs to be a bit more attractive, IMO. Look at yahoo, google, etc... and they are attractive even though minimalistic.

As I mentioned earlier, the site name is not great because of "Pus". In medical term, "pus" is the last thing we want to see.

At the moment, DomainOctopus.com and DNoctopus.com are available.

Good luck with your venture.

D

Deleted member 70408

I get the play on words now, but it just doesn't sound good and isn't memorable. I would focus on the Octo if you really want to octopus imagery. Or you can not listen to the free advice from the sidelines and hope for the best.

seonmwando

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
james2002 how is the yahoo.com design minimalistic? Seems bloated to me, the opposite of minimalistic. I like the new design a lot and I will never read your blog again if you if you change your name from auctionpus. Most people on here would just pick a domain like dnauction.com and start a bland boring and unoriginal site. I'm sorry but it's the same thinking I'm seeing with minisites, nobody wants to do anything original in domain investing. It's why so many of the top domains failed as developed sites. That happened because none of them were the least bit original. My advice is keep the domain auctionpus.com and choose that new design you linked to.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now i got it,it's just a site with your own domains and nobodys elses because i cannot see how you can make a living selling just 8 names a day unless they were in their thousands

dnbknowledge

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Now i got it,it's just a site with your own domains and nobodys elses because i cannot see how you can make a living selling just 8 names a day unless they were in their thousands

I am only accepting domains which are worth mid 3 figures at the very least because otherwise, I'm better off moving my own inventory (I'm willing to auction my own domains with a starting bid of $1 and no reserve, most sellers aren't and that also needs to be taken into consideration). As far as the past auctions are concerned, I've accepted two domains submitted by other people: SDCard.net which sold at $950 and Links.biz which didn't sell.

My goal for year #1 is a median sales price of $500 at the very least (I need to find the right balance between expensive domains and affordable domains in order to keep everyone happy) and as time goes by, I'll be auctioning more and more domains submitted by others if and only if they are worth it. I have to see things from the perspective of the buyer as well. What would you prefer? If I were to accept domains such as myua.net with a $99 reserve or if I were to auction a good two-word dot com with a starting bid of $1 and no reserve? Simply accepting domains for the sake of it is not an option. This is a marathon, not a race and I need to do what's best for the buyers as well as for the sellers.

Last edited:

dnbknowledge

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We're currently tweaking the script a little bit, so the site is not active at this point. I'll let you guys know as soon as everything has been tested and we're good to go. If we manage to implement the changes we have in mind without delays, the next auction will start tomorrow at 2 PM EST and as of that point, it's business as usual: each batch of 8 auctions will start at 2 PM EST and end the next day at 2 PM EST :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom