Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Tired Of Parking..Where Do I Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaneCo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What happens if you don't renew the subscription after setting up the sites? Do they still work? It looks more promising than BANS. ...

If you do not renew then you can still use it but you will not get updates to the software. It is best to just pay the $20 every year, the fixes have always been good in upgrading the system.

I think Bans does very well also for certain products or niches. I am looking forward to direct integration of the eBay affiliate program a increase in commissions.

kwok

Verified Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh, I forgot this.
I also use This tool IBP to to do the SEO work :yes:

Thanks for the recommendations. I clicked on the link and found it to be a good product. Please feel free to PM me any other suggestions that you may have. I don't mind to click on affiliate links as long as they are good ones. ;) It is always great to help each other out.

AustinWeb

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
pm sent

I agree with using Associate-o-Matic
Kokopelli did my godfathertrilogy.com site and it really made me realize how powerful AoM could be. The scripts are really easy to setup, email support is surprisingly responsive and the sites are flexible enough to add additional pages, customize your own SEO preferences and add in PPC or additional affiliate products & links. The software is pretty cheap when you consider one purchase licenses ALL of your websites.

We are also going to take a shot at using Bans.
We have modified a template for witchcraft.com.

http://www.adamdicker.com/nichestore/

I'm wondering how much the revenue potential would increase if you built AoM and BANS into that template. That would be a pretty solid template to use.

That is a pretty powerful .com to leave parked.

Last edited:

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well folks, I just started a new site, Menhood.com, it is a rather interesting concept, from NetFluence. It has to do with Social bookmarking, and writing articles. I might use this along with the BANS site once I get it. I would then link the 2 sites together, Store.Menhood.com and the articles site at Menhood.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
this is good stuff, sure would be nice to realize 100 % from our domains...granted parking co's are essentially partners but you can't help but feel like your getting taken advantage of to some extent after all the time/money or both that it takes to secure decent names

Last edited:

1nspire

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We need to keep this thread going. So far some alternatives to parking are Bans, Gridparking, AoM, using blogs.

What providers of free content are there as a wordpress plugin or some auto content scripts for unique content not duplicate?

Personally I am looking for open source solutions rather than opting for a paid service like Bans or Whypark. Virtually anything you need is provided through open source projects. I just want to cut out the middle man as much as humanly possible. In my opinion this is where the profit is.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think the latest version of WordPress has RSS importing built into it.

I THINK (at work so I really can't check now).

Can you share the link?

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Like I said, @work now and I can't check (site is firewalled) but if I remember correctly I remember seeing something about RSS feeds in the latest WordPress (well, when I downloaded it a few months ago). I didn't see an announcement, I saw it in the admin panel.

Plus, there is a content generator for free w/ exclusive members.

AustinWeb

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Associate-o-Matic is more like a lightweight CMS. You have an incredible amount of flexibility with adding or modifying pages. I used AoM to add a newsfeed page.

I personally preferCaRP for integrating an aggregate RSS feed into a site. You may get a flood of "free" RSS aggregator posts but after testing & using dozens, I've never found one that is as feature heavy as CaRP. Antone even took the time to build a free custom Wordpress plugin. I like software that works after a 5 minute simple setup. Configuring & fine tuning took a while, but considering the results, it was worth the time. I still don't use 70% of the more sophisticated features.

We know that pulling RSS feeds is just a slick way to keep fresh content on any site. The issues I have faced involve:
Finding decent news & information sources
Controlling the content of the feeds to match my topics
Filter out negative information I don't want on the site
Formatting the feed stream to match the site design
Aggregate feeds (multiple RSS feeds combined into one display)
Converting a manipulated incoming feed to use as an outbound feed

After a lot of coding & hundreds of hours spent on other products, I stumbled across CaRP. heh, I actually screamed a few new swear words when I discovered how easy (and complex) the software is. Even the free, yes, really free, version is pretty powerful. (sheesh, I am sounding like a freaking commercial)

You could configure 100+ news & blog feeds in CaRP,
filter out duplicate headings & titles,
filter on keywords or phrases you want,
add an exception list to filter out words & phrases you don't want
replace keywords with your own text
list those feeds one after another with your own messages between them
add video scripts & images to the displayed feed
merge the feeds into one true aggregate feed
control the color, fonts & formatting of the feed text
control the display of specially filtered text
reuse cached copies of the feed content to display faster on other pages
optionally store cached copies of the feed in a MySQL database
configure a replacement message if a feed topic is empty

and after you have done all that to really crank up the information on your website, you can add a configuration line & convert that custom feed into your own OUTGOING RSS feed that people can subscribe to.

I now use one main site to create the cached feeds for other sites on the same server to use. When I discovered that the cached files could be used to speed up the other sites I didn't even hesitate. Basically, I created my own newsfeed server to provide an aggregate source for my other sites. CaRP was super easy to integrate into AoM. I saw in the CaRP forums where one user was manipulating 400 incoming RSS feeds to produce the content he wanted.

When a tool is really good, I don't mind paying for it. The CaRP4 license is CHEAP and is like the AoM (Amazon Associate-o-Matic) scripts, unlimited use on any sites owned by the licensee.

Check it out, GeckoTribe Carp RSS try the free version, read the docs.

If you want to cheap out, CaRP is listed in ClickBank.

CaRP RSS Aggregator

Associate-o-Matic

Last edited:

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We need to keep this thread going. So far some alternatives to parking are Bans, Gridparking[...]

I've been using ctrl-f on all pages of this thread, but yours is the only mention of Gridparking I can find. Did someone talk about it and later edit it out? I checked out the site just briefly, and so far it looks interesting enough to read further. Anyone have more to say on that one, or have experience with it?

I looked into the whole Amazon script business some time ago, and the last time I read about this kind of thing my impression was that even the few that had been doing relatively well with such options weren't doing that well anymore, more or less. But that was some time ago. I even had a free Amazon script going for a while, but never made a dime through it. I think this may have always been the most well known free option: http://www.mrrat.com/aws/.

Last edited:

_Rian

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
< post removed >

Last edited:

tphelan

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I like BANS, but I also use wordpress and lately have preferred using wordpress with an eBay plugin. Works really well. While posting to a blog you simply click a button, the code appears and then you input how many results and which keyword(s). You can pinpoint your niches this way more easily than with BANS. Plus you have all the other wordpress plugins and themes to work with.

Plus, it's about half the cost as BANS.
We need to keep this thread going. So far some alternatives to parking are Bans, Gridparking, AoM, using blogs.

What providers of free content are there as a wordpress plugin or some auto content scripts for unique content not duplicate?

Personally I am looking for open source solutions rather than opting for a paid service like Bans or Whypark. Virtually anything you need is provided through open source projects. I just want to cut out the middle man as much as humanly possible. In my opinion this is where the profit is.

KaneCo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been putting AOM, BANS and Wordpress all together in one seamless css template and works real well together. Thats a lot of back ends to deal with but realy once you build AOM and bans you are finished, then use word press to write keyword themed articles linking to store pages.

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been putting AOM, BANS and Wordpress all together in one seamless css template and works real well together. Thats a lot of back ends to deal with but realy once you build AOM and bans you are finished, then use word press to write keyword themed articles linking to store pages.

can we see an ex.?

bgmv

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ive just read through all 6 pages and now I have a few options but dont know which one to use. Ive got a bunch of sites, none of them do well, a couple cents here and there a few visitors. I also have no coding/script skills at all. I dont even know how to add script to a server and customize it for my site.

It seems that these forms of revenue all have to do with selling or opening a store. My domains dont really deal with that, a few do but the majority dont. Basically Im stuck here, and need some help. Anyone willing to help please PM me.

nattydomain

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Looking for a web designer to help me with my Pop Shops links......looking for a site built around a template of your choice. Yo udesign the look, banner, header etc. I will suplyy the links to add to each page (each link of PHP script handles 10 products...so 1 link = 1 page and I have about 50 links so 50 pages) but mostly copy and paste.

Looking to put up a store every 2 weeks.......anyone here who can design simple but nice looking sites and I supply the links and banners???? If so pm me your design portfolio and im looking around $50-$75 per site.....Thanx

Also PLEASE be somewhat familiar with PopShops.com

Thanx

RWAC

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I use this and in one word, find it to be absolutely 'Brilliant'!

Incredibly easy, fast, great looking sites, that are earning for me good money daily - personally I love it!

Best day so far this week was $35.00 from just one of my sites!

Times that by 50 sites and I tell you, this ain't bad! In fact it's pretty damn good!

http://www.dnforum.com/f464/awesome...ery-well-excellent-support-thread-298163.html

On the link above is information about this program and believe you me, every domainer is going to love this, no doubt about it.

Check it out today!

To your success!

Mark

I have over 500 domains and all are parked. Some at ParkingPanel, 95% at Parked and the rest at Whypark. Avg between all is about Med $XX per month.

Im looking to develop some of my better names and wonder which route to go. Is there any sites I can sign up with, use my domain and add THERE "products" and just use it as an e-commece style site?

What services are you using that is being used better then just sitting parked.

Thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom