• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Tour.im

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jus because tour.com is worth that kind of money you can't think your domain is worth 1% of that...

Less reg fee IMO

I am thinking about featuring it on Sedo
Don't waste your money.
 
The value of 'Tour.com' has little to do with the value of the term tour attached to anything else. Even Tour.net is likely only worth about 8-10% of the value of Tour.com. .im is an obscure extension for most of us and no one thinks of it as 'instant messenger' to the best of my knowlege. Sorry!
 
seriously, stop being a copy-cat and come up with something creative..value is regfee at best for this one..its not even that great of a keyword domain
 
...
 
Last edited:
Contrary opinion

Isle of man is a tourist destination for the UK, Tour.im may well sell in this market. Not in $XXXX but mid $XXX is a possibility. Get it to the coach operators. Good luck.
 
A nice name. Plenty of opportunities. There's a lot to do for tourists on the Isle of Man; Bike tours, Bicycle tours, Castle tours, Coach/Bus tours, virtual tours, photo tours....and thats just from a quick search on google.

Again, nice name. Not worth as much as tours.com but certainly more than regfee.

cheers
 
Some stupid appraisals here.

I'm not going to comment on him copying other people, since I bet alot of you have done in it some form at one point.

tour.im doesn't really stand out as something that comes to mind when I think about traveling there. I would rather tours.im maybe even. Tourism.im may be better.

Regardless, it's worth more then regfee in my opinion and I would have a tough time seeing someone else convine me otherwise.


If you are looking for a big payday this is not the domain though at all.

Jay
 
since tour means to travel, the dot ccTLD may worth something more than reg fee to that particular country. aside from that, because of the not-that-well-used extension, it will be restricted on value.
 
I see the value as being the extension of the Isle of Man, not being used as a generic domain. Therefore, I would say it worth about high $xxx to the right end user (could be a local boat tours company).
 
Thanks for all of your thoughts!

I certainly wasn't trying to be a "copy cat" as one domainer noted, but in fact was using a keyword. :yield:

I would have never thought that it would have had a .com value, but moreso value to the Isle of Man interested tourist.:focus:

Again, thanks!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom