Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Trains.net, Just picked it up. How much is it worth?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Haha. I wish I owned that domain.

Anyway, now that I got you in here, please appraise these names:

TrashBags.net
ValueCity.net
Uninsured.net
Livers.net

Thanks.

Domain summit 2024

Unsure of the valuation on any of these but I like the Uninsured.net .

I conjured up the thought of a deep sea fihermans or similary a boating insurance site. Another idea would be to set up a site which gave info and links on how to deal with claims from the loss of any incurred damage or personal injury sustained by an uninsured third party. Again this could be affiliate type site.

Originally posted by MC Juice

TrashBags.net
ValueCity.net
Uninsured.net
Livers.net

Thanks.

well.. arn't you a lil scondrel.. (okay.. we'll keep YA) :laugh:

your liviN on the edge though.. (so enjoy it) j/k

uninsured.net has a solid potential.. broad market.. the # of uninsured HEATH, AUTO & other... nationwide consumers.. continues to grow.. rapidly..

it's the PERFECT.. legal .net.. for LawFirms.. to handle cases where one was hurt by an Uninsured 'other'..

the Legal industry i would think..
would be MOVED by this name.. 4sure......

now.. on that TrashBag.net..

well.. it's a name that MOVES folks alright..

(as i've always said.. it don't have to be a POSITIVE movement..
just a movement.. a reaction.. to get the clicks/hits..

funny name..

it is a name that MOVES people. no doubt..

even those that hate the name..

know why they don't like it?

cause it had an impact on them.. they were MOVED by it..
and they don't like it.

BORING names.. don't MOVE people..

it's a funny name.

no clue what the content would be..

maybe humor/portal site / trashy jokes.. etc. ??

TrashBags.net
ValueCity.net
Uninsured.net
Livers.net

Thanks.

Trying my marketing campaign? :D

I passed by livers/uninsured. I like Valuecity.net most.

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
^I cannot believe you passed up 'uninsured.net'... even I was suprised and quite pleased with that domain.

I guess if the domain doesnt have 3-charecters or the word blonde in it, your not buying it. haha

^I cannot believe you passed up 'uninsured.net'... even I was suprised and quite pleased with that domain.

I guess if the domain doesnt have 3-charecters or the word blonde in it, your not buying it. haha

I haven't MISSed a few ;)

Que in WandaMay

M

mike

Good one, MC. The old bait and switch technique worked on me again. I took the bait to appraise trains.net and am accepting the switch to appraise Uninsured.net!

I think Uninsured.net offers a nationwide or global insurance company the flexibility they need in an URL to market the full spectrum of insurance products they would offer. Home, Auto, Life, Health, Disability, Commercial property/casualty, etc... Uninsured.net covers it all! And with the buildout of.NET backed by Microsoft, businesses are willing to seriously consider using a .NET as their primary URL for important sites. I think THE RIGHT insurance company marketing executives could be persuaded by a competent and hardworking domain salesman to pay up to $10,000 for Uninsured.net without too much of a fight!

Attention Insurance companies: Do not pay attention to low appraisals which may be posted for this domain. It is common for many bottom feeder domain resellers who frequent this board to post ridiculously low-ball appraisals in an effort to seperate domain owners from their valuable virtual property on the cheap.

Perhaps uninsured.net is the best, but I'm not convinced that a big corp would use it.

Unfortunately corporations use 'positive thinking'; a domain with a negation won't work. Insured.net would make some $$$

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I disagree.
I do not see a positive/negative aspect between the domains. But rather a different targeted audience.

Insured.net seems to target people who already have insurance. Hence the "d" at the end. Past tense.
While Uninsured.net and Insure.net, obviously target people currently searching for insurance. Perfect for a place selling insurance.

And Mike, thanks greatly for the optimistic appraisal. I hope your reasoning is true. $10,000 would do amazing things my upcoming venture.
Snoopy & Timechange, thank you guys for your appraisals also.
If only u shared the same outlook as Mike though, haha

..Peace & Protection everybody aka Warm Regards..

M

mike

I thought about that TimeChange, An example of UN being used positively in corporate branding of course is 7up, the UNCOLA. I know the correlation is tenuous, but there nonetheless. I think uninsured.com is a call to action to get insurance now.
People/Businesses shop for insurance when they are either currently uninsured or soon to be uninsured. I think Uninsured.com would subconsciously pull in these prospects precisely at the time they want and need to make a purchase decision. It conveys the sense of urgency customers are feeling at the time.
Snoop, I don't know what to tell you except that insurance in its many different forms in a very real sense underpins the economies of the western democracies by allowing property owners to leverage their assets with reduced risk liabilities. MC, my 10k appraisal is indeed a best case scenario - The professional domain salesman who makes the calls and delivers an effective presentation to the savvy marketing or advertising insurance executive, etc. If you don't have that salesman then consider gathering e-mail addresses of insurance execs. ( forget emailing the webmasters of their current site. From my experience, most Webmasters would rather register a double--dash, triple word piece of crap domain before they would recommend buying a name from an outsider. So, You could direct a detailed compelling e-mail sales letter to the department heads of insurance cos. that have to promote the company's urls (sales managers, V.P.'s of marketing and ad execs are the best... Of course, if you put it up at afternic or ebay, well you know the kind of rediculous low offers you would get from the bottom feeders there. If you have the sklls and can find the time maybe you could build out uninsured.com a bit with industry related links. That could help you get closer to what it is worth. Also, I forgot to mention before that for the millions of hunt and peck typists like myself, uninsured.com is a breeze to type. uninsured.net is easy to say and remember too! Well thats all I have to say about this url. Good luck with it MC.

M

mike

OOPS! Sorry about .comming your .net in the above post MC. It was UNintentional.

it's a real winner.

the .NET actually WORKS perfect.. for a NETWORK PORTAL which covers all types of insurance.
Home owners
Auto
Health
even MalPractice INS.

Could be a huge !

If you plan to market the name direct to the Insurance Co's... email is fine, but that will take you time to sift through and find the emails for that 'specific industry code'
I'de suggest a direct mail piece... just order the 'biz listings' for the SIC code's which are for the Insurance Industry.. You can order them by state or nation wide.
Bingo.. that's your target market.

We offer NewBiz listings for the state of GA & TX. We're adding the other states as we retain this data from Sec.of State. Actually
weekly, new biz file for Tax Permit / StateSales Tax ID.. and the # of New biz in these two states alone peaks 5,000 WEEKLY.. and each week there's another 5,000 fresh biz leads.

But in your case, you need a seperate sifted list which encompasses ONLY the SIC code for Insurance Industry. I'll locate a link for you today, which offers that.. you can check into it if you wish.

GoodLuck.

Originally posted by timechange

I haven't MISSed a few ;)

Que in WandaMay

Never.. MISS out on the GOOD names.

The good Blonde Names are taken..

The 3 letters can't be had anymore..

so i'm sure you are 'BRIGHT' enough to not MISS the rest
of the GoodNames.

me neither!

msWandaMay

I think that's said kind of 'tongue in cheek'.

So why UNIDENTIFIED.net is worth $50 ?

Originally posted by WandaMay

Never.. MISS out on the GOOD names.

The good Blonde Names are taken..

The 3 letters can't be had anymore..

so i'm sure you are 'BRIGHT' enough to not MISS the rest
of the GoodNames.

me neither!

msWandaMay

I moved to the CORPS and found success :D

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
So why UNIDENTIFIED.net is worth $50 ?
If your talking to me, I think it's only worth $50 because it doesn't target a large audience nor convey a professional appeal to corps.

The Domain Name Unidentified.net, seems like some Geek's alien fan-site. Where he rant & raves about sitings.

Blah

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom