Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

legal Two Cash Withdraw Thefts from my Snapnames Account --- New Domain Name Scam ? ? ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

domain agency

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have recently had "2" separate cash withdrawals Thefts made form my Snapnames account on "2" different dates.
There were No Confirmation e-mails to notify me of these withdrawals - found only after checking my account.
The the info on my Snapnames act called both these Debits a - "Return" - Snapnames Moniker Support called these a - "Charge Back" - But the thief and / or new owners did not return neither of these domain names or anything else.
If this is as easy as it was with my Snapnames account - This is a Dream Come True for Domain Thieves & Scumbags out there.

.../

Last I have to to say I have been with Moniker - Snapnames for about Eight Years and
I do really do Like them and there Company set-up and They have always been Great -
did go a little downhill after Monte and the Great Crew Left... Pat W...

Like you I too was the victim of this new scam/loophole domain thieves are exploiting on the Snapnames aftermarket.
Their TOS practically invites them to do so SELLER BEWARE!

Several weeks ago I had two concurrent sales on Snapnames in the +$1,800.00 zone. One received a chargeback a week later :veryangry: and the other about 120 days later :upset:

The first chargeback I suggested to Snapnames that I will only pay the negative balance if and only if they guarantee that the domain will be returned to my Moniker account. After paying the negative balance I fortunately got the domain back.

At this stage I was very wary about using the Snapnames aftermarket platform, with their slack TOS for seller protection and their outrageous 20% squeeze commission.

Although angry about the false sale I took it as a blow - as one of those things I could learn from for the future.

However about 120 days later I received another chargeback from the second sale (second domain sold at the same time as the first domain).
This totally boiled my egg upstairs and I guess Snapnames support received my waith on this :laser::flame:

Anyway I'm still in negative balance for the second domain chargeback but have until October this year (when the domain expires) to retrieve it. Snapnames have at least guaranteed me that the domain will be returned to my Moniker account upon payment.

However this and all other horror stories about the Snapnames chargeback scam just shows how sloppy their TOS is regarding seller protection.

I'm now no longer selling on their platform until they learn how to secure a domain sale with buyers signing a solid legally binding sales contract or similar paperwork, a photo, 200 point id check etc.

Hell they do this at every used and new car dealership I've come across which is the perfect analogy here to similar commodity values in pricing.

However being a realist I'm certain Snapnames will stay with their existing TOS and automated sales service and I don't see them interested or bothered in changing any time soon, mainly because in doing so they would actually have to work for their money which will cause them some grief as I perceive it.

Best advice avoid the Snapnames aftermarket sales platform and do it yourself, you'll thank me later on how many commission fees you avoided! :]

"As for me Moniker said they were keeping the seven domains I lost because of chargebacks. I think Moniker should step up to the plate and take responsibility!"

If they where sold on Snapnames where you fortunate enough to keep the proceeds from the sales? If not Moniker owes you those domains!

ninjadomain

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally they were sold via Snapnames, but unfortunately I bought afterwards and used escrow.com. I feel that had moniker secured funds in the first place, this never would have happened and they should take some responsibility.

domain thieves are exploiting on the Snapnames aftermarket.

Several weeks ago I had two concurrent sales on Snapnames in the +$1,800.00 zone. One received a chargeback a week later :veryangry: and the other about 120 days later :upset:

The first chargeback I suggested to Snapnames that I will only pay the negative balance if and only if they guarantee that the domain will be returned to my Moniker account. After paying the negative balance I fortunately got the domain back.

At this stage I was very wary about using the Snapnames aftermarket platform, with their slack TOS for seller protection and their outrageous 20% squeeze commission.

Although angry about the false sale I took it as a blow - as one of those things I could learn from for the future.

However about 120 days later I received another chargeback from the second sale (second domain sold at the same time as the first domain).
This totally boiled my egg upstairs and I guess Snapnames support received my waith on this :laser::flame:

Anyway I'm still in negative balance for the second domain chargeback but have until October this year (when the domain expires) to retrieve it. Snapnames have at least guaranteed me that the domain will be returned to my Moniker account upon payment.

However this and all other horror stories about the Snapnames chargeback scam just shows how sloppy their TOS is regarding seller protection.

I'm now no longer selling on their platform until they learn how to secure a domain sale with buyers signing a solid legally binding sales contract or similar paperwork, a photo, 200 point id check etc.

Hell they do this at every used and new car dealership I've come across which is the perfect analogy here to similar commodity values in pricing.

However being a realist I'm certain Snapnames will stay with their existing TOS and automated sales service and I don't see them interested or bothered in changing any time soon, mainly because in doing so they would actually have to work for their money which will cause them some grief as I perceive it.

Best advice avoid the Snapnames aftermarket sales platform and do it yourself, you'll thank me later on how many commission fees you avoided! :]

If they where sold on Snapnames where you fortunate enough to keep the proceeds from the sales? If not Moniker owes you those domains![/QUOTE]

Midnight Silver

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Congratulations Pat! :)

As for me Moniker said they were keeping the seven domains I lost because of chargebacks. I think Moniker should step up to the plate and take responsibility!

Thanks Much ninjadomain !!!

--- Send me the simple details on Your "7" domains and i will help if possible -- either Here or thru Private E-mail !!!

--- Were these your origiinal "7" domains that You Sold or Bought through Snapnames ???

--- Did You or Other Person Buy or Sell these names back ???

--- Was Cash taken out of Your Snapnames act by Charge Back ???

--- What Actually did you Lose - Cash - Domains - or Both ???

Martij

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please email me directly or pm your account information and I will research this.

Marti
[email protected]
[email protected]

Like you I too was the victim of this new scam/loophole domain thieves are exploiting on the Snapnames aftermarket.

If they where sold on Snapnames where you fortunate enough to keep the proceeds from the sales? If not Moniker owes you those domains!

Entire Soft

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Same problem with my Snap and Moniker account, over $ 2000 missing for over 3 months, $37 k in life time sales at Snap, over 3 k domains at Moniker, and no real answers.....

Entire Soft

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
48 hours after Marti get involve in my case , domains are back to my Moniker account, problem was solve, and SN and Moniker stand up for they BEST reputation. My case is closed, and I am back selling and buying with confidence at SN.

ninjadomain

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congratulations, at least one person was helped! :)

48 hours after Marti get involve in my case , domains are back to my Moniker account, problem was solve, and SN and Moniker stand up for they BEST reputation. My case is closed, and I am back selling and buying with confidence at SN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom