• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Typo Portfolio Appraisal, $70 per month

Status
Not open for further replies.

evossman

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2006
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Aloha All-

I have a portfolio of typo names that I'm thinking of selling and was wondering what I should price it at?

I've had some of the names at namedrive since last June (some I just added in february). This is a lot of back data that I can provide so I figure that's worth something because it takes out some of the risk.

Currently the portfolio gets between 4,000 and 5,000 visits a month and earns about $70 per month.

The domains are a mix of .com's and .de's with 1 .us.

Without seeing them, what do you think it's worth?
 
how many clicks?
how much per click?
what's the orientation/niche?
how many domains?
 
If they're TM domains they generally go for 18-24 months revenue.
 
Theyre generating $70 monthly for how long so far ?
 
Quantity is important. If you have 1000 domains making $70 per month, it's not a good thing.
 
21 domains, consistent for the last 4 months. I've had some of the names for 9 months with consistent earnings as well.
 
Figure it around $1,500. Up or down a bit based on a few variables. Down a lot if they are time sensitive promotions and not likely to get perpetual traffic.
 
Thanks duckinla, none of the names are time sensitive and all have had pretty consistent traffic. I was hoping for around $1500 to $2000. As I mentioned none of the names have been optimized and I was thinking of changing from namedrive to parked to see if I could get more but go lazy. Now I think for sure I'm going to sell them off (if anyone is interested?) :)
 
since there are not any names with TM issues in your portfolio, you could possibly get UP TO 36 months of revenue for them (which is $2,5k), although in this forum, you will get offers most likely in the $1,5-$2k range which meets your expectations and is a good deal for both you and the buyer
 
Thanks petrosc!
Should I post the link to the screenshot here? or should I just continue with the PM's. So far I've just been PM'ing back and forth and have gotten a pretty good response, a couple offers, but I'm still looking for a little better deal.

Aloha,
Erik
 
start a sales thread with the screenshot and relevant stuff... you should be able to sell it. Don't accept less than 20 months of revenue if they are non TM
 
Several of them are TM, which is why I'm hesitant to post screenshots.
 
Thanks petrosc!
Should I post the link to the screenshot here? or should I just continue with the PM's. So far I've just been PM'ing back and forth and have gotten a pretty good response, a couple offers, but I'm still looking for a little better deal.

Aloha,
Erik

Thread closed
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom