• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed vGermany(.)com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stevo

DNF Regular
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
May 13, 2002
Messages
834
Reaction score
12
I have had some interest for this name in the past few months. Curious what others think it may be worth. Any input appreciated.
 
mid x,xxx IMO
 
Last edited:
I don't see any value in this domain, you could reg a domain yourself and save money... add VVGermany.... the point is... V does not add any value!

Reg Fee
 
I don't see any value in this domain, you could reg a domain yourself and save money... add VVGermany.... the point is... V does not add any value!

If this is so, why are there good domain names (okay, maybe not great) with 'i's' or 'e's' before the word? So someone could register iixxx, or eexxx, but that doesn't seem to affect the ixxx or exxx names. I could see v meaning 'virtual,' which isn't so different from i for internet or e for electronic.

As usual, just a newbie's two cents. :)
 
Last edited:
If this is so, why are their good domain names (okay, maybe not great) with 'i's' or 'e's' before the word? So someone could register iixxx, or eexxx, but that doesn't seem to affect the ixxx or exxx names. I could see v meaning 'virtual,' which isn't so different from i for internet or e for electronic.

As usual, just a newbie's two cents. :)

You have very good point, I must agree.

My point is clearly about the cost of aquiring the domain, for reg fee.. you can still register a domain with the keyword germany and develop it into the same project.
 
v is video, visa,
or can mean "Visit Germany",
so name is not bad:)
 
My point is clearly about the cost of aquiring the domain, for reg fee.. you can still register a domain with the keyword germany and develop it into the same project.

Yes, Batman, I expect you can get another name with Germany in it, but it won't be Germany with just one letter because I've just checked the whole alphabet, lol. Perhaps Germany with another letter at the end - I haven't checked those.

But what you say is right, in the end it is down to branding through development - that is the important thing. :)
 
Thanks to all for the thoughts and appraisals.

Batman - is any letter in front of a keyword just additional baggage? I wonder what iGermany.com would sell for? I know that "v" is not "i", but other than "e", V is the next best letter IMHO. I have always believed that V meant virtual when used as a prefix. vGermany seems to be a perfect travel name. Branding would be an issue. So, I do understand your argument.
 
Resell value - low - mid $xx

V makes sense as video tourist tutorial to Germany, but that's all about end user value.

Good luck :)
 
V for virtual

Nice name. Low xxxx here
 
It could be a typo for Germany.com? The v is right near the g.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom