Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Warning about member LoudBeats.com (aka Jay Mahal, dont.net, Soofi Group)

Status
Not open for further replies.

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Regretfully, I feel compelled to post about a very, very negative experience with one of our fellow members.

We ordered 51 content mini sites from Member www.LoudBeats.net (Jay Mahal / Soofi Group / www.dont.net).

Per his post (now deleted by Admin on DNF, but still available at another forum), the turn around per site was supposed to be 2-3 working days per site. At his convenience, when he realized he could not deliver in the required time frame, the turn around changed to 3-5 days per site. So now, for a job that should have taken a max of 153 working days, it’s now going to take up to 255 days, and even that timeframe didn't look like something he'd be able to achieve. For a handful of sites, we could of lived with a small delay, but for this quantity, time was of the essense. For your information, not a SINGLE site was EVER fully completed as per his post from early May to August 9th when he quit!

Additionally, we agreed to pay $10 extra per site for a quantity of 4-5 images relevant to the site content. Only ONE site had ONE relevant image. The rest either had NO image or a SINGLE image that had no relevance to the site content. When we complained about this shortcoming, required quantity suddenly changed from 4-5 images per site, to ONE image per site, again at his convenience. Who in their right mind is going to pay $10 for a single image?

Of the 51 sites ordered, he dabbled with a total of 16, but not one met the requirements of his own post or the 4-5 relevant images ordered per site.

We advanced him $525 to commence work, and before additional money was due, he requested a $300 "Loan". We agreed to the loan, and advised him to apply it to the future balance.

When we repeatedly asked him to complete the sites he had started, including the images, he abruptly decided he didn't want to do business with us AND he kept our money to the tune of $825.00. That's correct, he decided he didn't want to work for us anymore, and he decided to keep our money.

Mr. Mahal's website www.soofigroup.com, referenced in his post, states he has a "money back guarantee". Folks, he DOES NOT honor this guarantee. In any case, independent of this guarantee, we offered him to keep the initial payment of $525, but asked him to please refund the $300 “loan”. By our calculation (noted below) we thought this would be fair for the work done, despite it was not in accordance with the agreement. He refused the partial refund and in fact, claimed he was owed MORE money and that the money back guarantee on www.soofigroup.com, which he references in his post, was not applicable.

Here is how we calculated the amount due, which we considered as generous considering the breach of contract:

Minisites developed: 16 x 25 = $400
Inclusion of images: 0 (none met the quantity requirement of 4-5, and/or relevancy to the site)
Set up google adsense channels: 16 x $5 = $80

TOTAL: $480.00

Amount Paid: $525 +$300 = $825.00

Refund Due: $345.00 / we offered to settle for a $300 refund.

We filed a dispute with PayPal; however, unbeknownst to us, PayPal considers such services digital and intangible items, and our claim was denied, permitting Mr. Mahal to abscond with our money and basically rub it in our face with a tirade of obscenities after the fact. Mr. Mahal, it seems, was quite versed on the "intangible items" loophole at PayPal, having been a victim himself (information gleaned from a post on another forum). So, Mr. Mahal knew this loophole and used it to his advantage in his reply to our PayPal dispute.

I subsequently became aware of problems other people had with him. He went on a self imposed exile from NP because of an ongoing dispute with management and because of this case. He’s since been banned.

I realize MANY of you have had favorable experiences with him, but I feel compelled to advise fellow domainers about my experience with this service supplier. As you can see, he’s pretty much fallen off the face of the earth here at DNF since about the 16th, as he know this has been looming. Looks like he’s only been on long enough to leave me negative i-trader feedback on both forums, which has now been removed. Mr. Mahal claim I'm a freebie seeker and a scammer who will take off with your money! I'm cracking up!! Sure would like to hear more about how I scammed him!

If you're going to have any work done, independent of trader rating and that sort of thing, use an escrow service or use a reputable "real" company, who doesn't quit the job when they can't deliver, or withdraw from one forum when things get tough, only to go set up shop at another forum.

I am requesting DNF’s Admins and Moderators assistance to resolving this matter. If it cannot be resolved, I am requesting he be permanently banned. This sort of behavior is totally unacceptable. I left negative i-trader feedback for Mr. Mahal, but apparently somebody deleted it for him. Folks, he's been banned from NP and apparently whoever deleted it for him was unaware of this.

In his attempt to apparently shield his fraud at the other forum, prior to being banned, Mr. Mahal changed his username from www.dont.net to "soofi".

For the moment, I'd rather not reply to posts or questions until the moderators have looked into this, though I may add information; however, if you have a really burning question or comment question, please PM me.

Mods/Admins: All emails are available as they were to staff at the other forum who eventually decided to ban him.

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

Mods: Please put in correct forum if not in the right one.

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Greed is not good. Sorry that happened to you.

clown

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hope you get your refund.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
His account at NP is closed, it should be done here too.

The transaction did not happen here and both parties have there views on where this went wrong.

This one needs to be worked out outside of this forum.

-=DCG=-

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The transaction did not happen here and both parties have there views on where this went wrong.

This one needs to be worked out outside of this forum.

-=DCG=-

outside of the forum or not we are a community, if one is scammed by a veteran domainer who uses all means to scam others, then as a community and as a leader of this community you need to work with us and close his account. Otherwise you are going to give him another chance to strike at any one of us!

I vote ban.

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
?? He had the nearly exact same thread here (now deleted) and a similar thread here for content writing. In any case I've seen other threads where the fraud occurred on another forum but was also addressed here. Namelinker comes to mind.

This sort of activity affects all of us and appropriate action should be taken regardless of irrelevant details such as exactly which forum it occurred on. He is ACTIVELY offering the same services here on DNF!

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am also pleased to provide ALL email correspondences to the mods here. It's pretty clear cut.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
outside of the forum or not we are a community, if one is scammed by a veteran domainer who uses all means to scam others, then as a community and as a leader of this community you need to work with us and close his account. Otherwise you are going to give him another chance to strike at any one of us!

I have heard both sides and cannot act as a judge.

-=DCG=-

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Adam, I'm sure the rest of us, including myself would like to hear his side. We surely never got a "real" reason other than excuses. What better proof than the actual emails?

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
INVIGOR,

Was the transaction discussed via PM or through email ? You can't ban someone if you contacted him for his services via his website. Only thing you can do is warn everyone else.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

-=DCG=-

No one asked you to be the judge, let the community be the judge. As your signature points out "FORUM POLICE" you should either have him post a reply here with his defense or BAN - a very simple request.

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

INVIGOR,

Was the transaction discussed via PM or through email ? You can't ban someone if you contacted him for his services via his website. Only thing you can do is warn everyone else.

Why not? If he is targeting others outside of our community selling services related to out community is still the same fraud. He is targeting Domainers, Scam one Domainer and you should be BANNED instantly. As a community we have forums to raises awareness and BAN anyone who violates the rules of TRADE anywhere on the planet.

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Oh really HOPE? I didn't realize any criminal behaviour is prosecuted on this forum.

If INVIGOR feels this is a serious matter he should go seek law enforcement.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh really HOPE? I didn't realize any criminal behaviour is prosecuted on this forum.

If INVIGOR feels this is a serious matter he should go seek law enforcement.

Are you an idiot? Dude has squeezed money from a veteran Domainer and you dont want him banned! It doesn't matter if he scammed a person on ebay or craiglist.... the action of scamming is unacceptable and should be punished...

you and Adam are setting the wrong example here,....

scam outside of the forum but use our forum to continue your business? We are a community and when one takes advantage of the community by ignoring another Domainers request, he is in International Domaining Laws!

We have to set the right example here, now I will no longer post any request for BAN until LOUDBEATS can provide the defensive argument that will point out he is not at fault.

My point in this argument is that if you scam someone in or out of dnforum is still in violation. We are a COMMUNITY we stand and fight as one. All for One - One for All.

If we don't set the rules then it would become a free for all SCAM HAVEN!

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Here's one thing you don't understand. You don't set the rules. You only abide by them. Thanks for your opinion now move on.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My point in this argument is that if you scam someone in or out of dnforum is still in violation.

So I guess this means he should be banned on all forums and websites on the internet, better start emailing them all.

-=DCG=-

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So I guess this means he should be banned on all forums and websites on the internet, better start emailing them all.

-=DCG=-

What is up with this mind game you too are playing?

Who care what he does outside of our community, its our community that we need to protect as a one of the leaders of the community you should be enforcing the rules that scamming anyone in our community is wrong.

Like I said if you want him to continue to operate on this forum then go have him post his argument.

Im very disappointed.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

-=DCG=-

Adam --

Since it's pretty clear that money was paid, his only defense (or side of the story) is that he DID build these sites and they are now up and running. Please post those URLS (since you had to have seen them to hear his side of the story) so that we can call be assured the person involved is not the rip-off artist as acussed.

If this person has an account here and has been advertising his services here, at definately DOES affect is and DOES speak poorly of DNF if the accusations are true.

Now, please post the URLS so we can see the sites in question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom