Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

webdesigner has taken my money and it flat out ignoring me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocdomainer

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
what to do? Back in Aug 2009 I used paypal to give a minisite producer 3500 bucks to do a job and he strung me along past the point of paypal actions. Had me buy 1000 worth of software and hosting of which he made money and did absolutely no work.

every avenue i use to get ahold of him is blocked or as on this site just put on ignore after he read my message?? so no new messages will go through.

he is active and trying to get more clients??? but yet won't finish my stuff and i have given him the opportunity to finish the job??? It seems he doesn't want to and wants to keep the money??

any recourse or chalk it up as a lost cause??

thanks in advance for imput:)

Domain Summit 2024

Jilo

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's very hard to get money back in such circumstances, I was foolish enough to trust a DNForum member with designing a site for me... They ran off with the money, too. It's a bad move to pay up front, but can't really suggest anything you could do now.

What is their name?

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Name and shame is the only option you got. If it's someone reputable here then they'll do the work or pay you back.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what to do? Back in Aug 2009 I used paypal to give a minisite producer 3500 bucks to do a job and he strung me along past the point of paypal actions. Had me buy 1000 worth of software and hosting of which he made money and did absolutely no work.

every avenue i use to get ahold of him is blocked or as on this site just put on ignore after he read my message?? so no new messages will go through.

he is active and trying to get more clients??? but yet won't finish my stuff and i have given him the opportunity to finish the job??? It seems he doesn't want to and wants to keep the money??

any recourse or chalk it up as a lost cause??

thanks in advance for imput:)
It is a major issue and ultimately important this person gain no more work at the expense of members here...or anyone, anywhere.

As for you, I would say it is a lost cause in getting back your money.

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's better to look for web designers living within your city or town.

i agree, any major job (anything over $500) i would try to use a local person.

rocket

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you paid via paypal why cant they get your money back?

ocdomainer

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yep...he strung me along past the time to have any recourse with them. i have sent a message today offering to let him complete the work with no hard feelings and got put on ignore from any more messaging on this site?? its whacky that this is possible with no repercussions whatsoever. i have been emailing and trying contact every single month since it started.

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What makes you think he's going to answer to you in private? Just reveal his name so others don't get scammed.

ocdomainer

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i want the guy to do the work...if he wants to give the money back that is fine too - either way he needs to man up - say "sorry for the two year delay, here are your sites (they look so good wish they were mine) " think thats possible:) ??? i have been more then fair giving lots of time to complete the simple sites (he says he has done thousands) so don't know what the problem is???

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The problem is that you have allowed him to get away with murder, and he feels no compelling incentive to suddenly "man up" and make things right.

You have to give him that incentive, by giving him 24 hours to refund your money or you go public with the facts of the case via every method of social media you have available to you, as well as complaints to the attorney general in his state, the BBB, and every forum where he currently does business. You can also add sites like ripoff report and other people's blogs. The idea is to make it clear his name will be poisoned on Google for many years to come.

To add some heft to your very real threat, I would suggest drafting those posts and letters in advance and sharing them with him as part of your demand. No need to be emotional or vindictive in tone - in fact the more objective and factual, the better.

Let me correct one thing you obviously misstated. You do NOT want this guy to do the work. He has continually proven himself to be untrustworthy. Why on earth do you want to continue to have him string you along? Web designers are a dime a dozen. Find one who shares your vision and has good references.

And finally, lick your wounds and learn the lesson from this fiasco. You paid a relatively low price for a decent education in business. It would be a shame if you went and repeated any of your mistakes.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is no way you will get the work or your money. You have let way too much time pass.

Name the guy and post his info then email him the thread.

When dealing with new people or even big design jobs, you pay based on goals throughout the project so you don't totally get screwed.

-=DCG=-

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've been in this situation before, but I would never wait 2 years...I used to spend thousands on web design and got burned one time...never again. I realized that the designers were making the same quality sites that I could do on my own in my free time. When I do pay a web designer for work for something I can't do I only pay them after the work is preformed, never before. If they are unwilling to do this, find someone else...designers are a dime a dozen now, or use a site such as guru.com that holds the funds in escrow until you approve the work. Waiting 2 years to light a fire under his ass is simply negligent on your part. I am hard on the people that work for me, web designers, coders, graphic design...everything. Nothing ever seems to get done if they are not pressured to get it done in a timely manner.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Looking over your stats, you've done the right thing in joining and coming to the thief's lair.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
see if the .com of his name is available, if so buy it and create a quick site trashing him. then send him the link.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i want the guy to do the work...if he wants to give the money back that is fine too - either way he needs to man up - say "sorry for the two year delay, here are your sites (they look so good wish they were mine) " think thats possible:) ??? i have been more then fair giving lots of time to complete the simple sites (he says he has done thousands) so don't know what the problem is???

You are wasting everyones time with this thread, name the person or go cry elsewhere.

-=DCG=-

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators