Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

webdesigner has taken my money and it flat out ignoring me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocdomainer

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the boards here. owner/partner in domainstryker.com, SiteDepot.com - NL Web Holdings Ltd [email protected].

I made a paypal transfer of $3500 bucks to nl web holdings. He strung me out long enough so paypal would not help me and had me buy $1000 worth of software services that have expired and he couldn't get to work....so at that point game over for him working on my stuff?? He tried to substitute other sites instead - but those never got off the ground.

I sent emails monthly, tried contacting through blogs for him to get back to me, but at all times was deleted and put on ignore...just like on this site the past few days, when i gave him another chance to make things right.

when I registered for this site a few days ago - I included lots of emails between him and I, to jog his memory of the major delays getting to my sites...his offering me credits for future work. He deleted them in a few hrs on this site today(they were profile visitor messages) with no response to me whatsoever?? I welcome any response he might have on this???

I really hate doing this - but he pretty much crapped in my face and took my money. He has the audacity to put a new ad on the site at the same time I gave him my first PM on this site to do my work or give my money back....that was the only PM I could get to him as I was put on ignore.

This is really whacky...he is acting like he is totally untouchable here. I am not so sure. I said at this point I would go to no end to seek some sort of justice - any ideas here??

mike031 (mike cohen)???? I can't wait:)

Last edited:
Domain Summit 2024

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He is only untouchable because until now you hadn't named him as you didn't say his member name in the first thread you started.
http://www.dnforum.com/f79/webdesigner-has-taken-my-money-flat-out-ignoring-me-thread-464576.html
This is really whacky...he is acting like he is totally untouchable here.

mike031 (if it is him) will now have a chance to tell his side as these things always seem to have more than one perception of how things transpired.
Hopefully this will get worked out.

Last edited:

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it is him. Now he has to give his side of the story.
Wanna Develop is a full-service web development, consulting & marketing company led by Mike Cohen, an experienced domain investor, developer, and all around marketer from New York who has helped launch countless successful internet based ventures and top performing websites since 2002.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Just curious. If the allegations stand true, what stops you from filing a lawsuit at a small claims court?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just curious. If the allegations stand true, what stops you from filing a lawsuit at a small claims court?
Excellent point.

Some of the downsides would be the same issues raised here...the statute of limitation would be a big factor.

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

see if the .com of his name is available, if so buy it and create a quick site trashing him. then send him the link.
Devious but very applicable.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Couldn't you get sued for doing something like that?

The truth is a pretty good defense to suits like that. If he is sticking with objective facts (i.e. not libeling the other party), he should be well within his rights.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Not too likely if it's a legitimate truthful consumer protest site and is also non-commercial and uses the word 'sucks.' If you register the persons name or website url followed by the word SUCKS, i.e. examplesucks.com there is far less risk of a WIPO and it also makes a Lawsuit extremely unlikely to succeed.

p.s. Forgot to say if you do some SEO work you can actually get a 'sucks' site ranked near the top of the search engines since the front of the URL is an exact keyword match. I have seen pages where example.com ranks #1 and examplesucks.com ranks #4 and in the top-10. That way the business you don't like may lose customers and business since those who see the sucks site and visit it may get turned-off doing business with them. In fact, even viewing it on the search page is a big negative for your nemesis. A legitimate 'sucks' site is a good way to play hard-ball.

Last edited:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
anyone can get sued for anything. However, that doesn't mean they will win.

The most notable one that comes to mind is RyanAirSucks.com which won against Ryan Air when Ryan Air took them to court.

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wasn't there a thread on DNF that stated something along the lines that Mike Cohen (mike031) ripped someone off?
I can't seem to find it now. Was it the same issue, and if so, was it deleted?

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wasn't there a thread on DNF that stated something along the lines that Mike Cohen (mike031) ripped someone off?
I can't seem to find it now. Was it the same issue, and if so, was it deleted?

Are you referring to this thread about Kevin Leto? Razborblade's membership seems to be downgraded

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are you referring to this thread about Kevin Leto? Razborblade's membership seems to be downgraded

Nope, not that one. :)
It appeared in the "New Post" section just a few minutes ago, but now I can't find it.
I'm pretty sure that it had the name Mike Cohen in the title.
I don't think this is the first post questioning Mike Cohen's actions though, and just wanted stay abreast of the situation.

ocdomainer

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
statute has not run out....its from the time i deem it a total loss...which i haven't until yesterday. I have emails going out to him virtually every month since it started. someone taked about me not naming him when i got here?? sorry buddy - i was trying to work it out, but it is clear he doesn't care to even remotely address this.

I can't wait for even the slightess sliver of a response from mike cohen of wannadevop.com because that would actually be progress:) so please bring it on!!!! anything????

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mike has been Pm'ed this thread.

-=DCG=-

ocdomainer

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
giving 2.61 to 1 we don't get response within next 24hrs time(dollar bet :) from the naming post last night.

Soofi

First Come First Serve .iN & .ORG Backorders
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
good luck in getting your funds back, but please make sure you are true to your statements and dont "cook up" stories like some other ppl out there :)

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One thing you are going to have to do as soon as you decide to pursue this matter in the courts is to fill out a police report. That starts in your home district.

You will also want to file a police report in that person's district as well. Usually contacting the sheriff's office will do the trick.

Then you want to file with the appropriate state and federal agencies, most of which has sites on-line to complete the task. You will want to file with the appropriate State Attorney General's office.

The FBI and other agencies have web sites set up specifically for internet fraud and crimes.

It is crucial that you be to the point, factual, have all documents, correspondences, and everything lined up for filing or uploading. You do not want to be opinionated or too wordy in your complaints. Have all the material in Chronological order. Make sure all emails have complete headers attached.

The key here is you want to make the law enforcement officer's job as easy for them as possible. They really appreciate this. Having everything prepared, in order, dealing only with facts, and a nice and neat package is something they are not used to dealing with. They view this as a rarity and sometimes will even put this to action quicker than other things that have been laying around. Having to make heads or tails out of a stack of papers with opinions, skepticism, missing dates or data will not get worked on unless its is a major crime. Seriously, make their job as easy as possible.

PayPal will be useless, totally useless in this matter. So make sure you still have all the transaction details. If something is missing or out of order, you may have to actually phone them. If so, good luck with that. You can try telling them this information is needed for a criminal investigation and you might actually get someone to be cooperative.

All of these tips are needed in order to pursue anything in or out of court. Even if you don't pursue this in court (or even if you do) you should file with all the agencies mentioned. Having someone's name and business in a database of the Internet Crimes Division of the FBI is nothing to brag about.

I will see if I can find the list of national agencies and their web site...I think the FCC's site is teamed up with the FBI. Fraud is fraud. And internet fraud is also wire fraud when it involves the transfer of money.

Soofi

First Come First Serve .iN & .ORG Backorders
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Big up Doc! :)
(glad to have you around within DNF community)

One thing you are going to have to do as soon as you decide to pursue this matter in the courts is to fill out a police report. That starts in your home district.

You will also want to file a police report in that person's district as well. Usually contacting the sheriff's office will do the trick.

Then you want to file with the appropriate state and federal agencies, most of which has sites on-line to complete the task. You will want to file with the appropriate State Attorney General's office.

The FBI and other agencies have web sites set up specifically for internet fraud and crimes.

It is crucial that you be to the point, factual, have all documents, correspondences, and everything lined up for filing or uploading. You do not want to be opinionated or too wordy in your complaints. Have all the material in Chronological order. Make sure all emails have complete headers attached.

The key here is you want to make the law enforcement officer's job as easy for them as possible. They really appreciate this. Having everything prepared, in order, dealing only with facts, and a nice and neat package is something they are not used to dealing with. They view this as a rarity and sometimes will even put this to action quicker than other things that have been laying around. Having to make heads or tails out of a stack of papers with opinions, skepticism, missing dates or data will not get worked on unless its is a major crime. Seriously, make their job as easy as possible.

PayPal will be useless, totally useless in this matter. So make sure you still have all the transaction details. If something is missing or out of order, you may have to actually phone them. If so, good luck with that. You can try telling them this information is needed for a criminal investigation and you might actually get someone to be cooperative.

All of these tips are needed in order to pursue anything in or out of court. Even if you don't pursue this in court (or even if you do) you should file with all the agencies mentioned. Having someone's name and business in a database of the Internet Crimes Division of the FBI is nothing to brag about.

I will see if I can find the list of national agencies and their web site...I think the FCC's site is teamed up with the FBI. Fraud is fraud. And internet fraud is also wire fraud when it involves the transfer of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom