• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed WebsiteMarketing(.)Com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acquisition

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
May 22, 2008
Messages
362
Reaction score
0
WebsiteMarketing.com

Your thoughts on this one.

Thank you
 
Last edited:
Any opinions on this one?

This is a massive market. Overture ~35,000, WordTracker ~600-700/day, high bid scores, 93 ppc advertisers/competitors for "Website Marketing".
 
This is a monster generic that covers an entire market - that market being one of the most valuable in the world and growing by leaps and bounds, I could see a major end-user going after this one like a very big advertising agency or such. Hard to valuate this name at a specific amount because lately it seems most sales on the forums are based on only traffic & revenue and people rarely are presented with names like this on public sale. But there is alot to be said for a category king like this name with such intuitive form and easy recall. This could be a BIG brand imo. I personally would like to see low $xxx,xxx minimum for a name like this if I owned it. Creation date of 1997 and supreme SEO opportunity on this one, not to mention the endless profits of big advertising contracts. I'll go ahead and stamp it at 150k+ to start.

With ANY traffic and revenue on this one that number should go way up. It's not always how many hits a name gets but WHO those visitors are and WHAT they are looking for. If a name generates only a few type-ins a day or week for that matter and just one of them leads to a multi-million dollar deal or better, then what is the "value" of that domain name? Priceless? ;)
 
Last edited:
Firstly, do you own this domain name?

It's a decent generic name, low $1x,xxx resell value.

The search volume of "website marketing" is higher than "web marketing", but resell value of WebsiteMarketing.com would be much lower than WebMarketing.com

Good luck!
 
When you have to ask if someone actually owns a domain name, it's usually worth alot more than 1x,xxx lol

Just my 2 cents :ok:

I think you seriously missed an "$x" in there dude...but then again not all of us have owned and sold 6 figure value names before..ahem ahem ahem :shy:
 
When you have to ask if someone actually owns a domain name, it's usually worth alot more than 1x,xxx lol

Just my 2 cents :ok:

I think you seriously missed an "$x" in there dude...but then again not all of us have owned and sold 6 figure value names before..ahem ahem ahem :shy:

Partly true :) Sometimes I ask new members who post a decent name for appraisals if they own the domain. Normally these names are impressive but not all worths more than $10k resell.

BTW: To be honest, I seriously don't think this name worths 6 figure RESELL value, do you?
Or maybe you misread my reply that I said it worths low $1x,xxx RESELL value, NOT an end user value :)
 
BTW: To be honest, I seriously don't think this name worths 6 figure RESELL value, do you?
Or maybe you misread my reply that I said it worths low $1x,xxx RESELL value, NOT an end user value :)

This name has been accepted to take part in the SES Internet marketing conference (Domain Auction) next month in San Jose California.. So it will not be marketed to resellers. It will be marketed to end users.

Best,
AQ
 
This name has been accepted to take part in the SES Internet marketing conference (Domain Auction) next month in San Jose California.. So it will not be marketed to resellers. It will be marketed to end users.

Best,
AQ

Yes, that's the right way to go, good luck :)

I never tried to sell a domain like this to a reseller. But as the forum members are mostly resellers, I normally only appraise the resell value of a domain. I have sold many domains that was appraised as reg-fee for mid $xxxx, so end user rules all the way! Who knows!
 
Yes, that's the right way to go, good luck :)

Ya I think so. I think it's a good name to have for auction at a Website Marketing conference with all the end users who will be present.
 
As someone who has brokered a 6-7 figure domain deal...and as someone who has successfully brokered a domain very similar to this (search the forum to find which one) for a large amount...

You have a domain that without much effort could sell for $300k+...with the opportunity to be in front of the SES crowd...you could get very close to the million dollar mark. If I were you I would use an online press release service to let prospective SES attendees know it is available so they can have their checkbooks on hand. ;)

Great name and good luck!

-Midgetlov
 
its definitely a monster term, and a growing industry. everyone wants to be able to market their website better. I don't know if "web marketing" is better, it takes in more areas, whereas "website marketing" is very specific. Both are great anyway.
 
This name recently sold in the $xxx,xxx range.

Thanks guys for your input. As always

All the Best,
AQ
 
was nice one congrats
 
Yes. Thanks.

But I also think the buyer got a great deal for his business. They are very good at what they do IMO.
Overall, India is thriving when it comes to this industry.

Best,
AQ
 
Thanks guys. The number it sold for was $125,000. The buyer said he is okay with publishing the sale.

Best,
AQ
 
Thanks guys. The number it sold for was $125,000. The buyer said he is okay with publishing the sale.

Best,
AQ

Why of course! It's free advertising! :)

Congrats to both you and the buyer!
 
I wanna get that lucky some day. 2K IMO.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom