Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

What do you like best about Fab?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Robertson

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the kind words guys, greatly appreciated.

In response to various questions asked in the thread so far:

hmmmmmmm...... my credit card domains earn with fabulous earn tops $0.30 or less, but at Parked.com I earn average $2.00 per click and sometimes up to $8.00 per click. with my credit card domains? Any thoughts on this guys?

Parked have a Yahoo feed, whereas we use a Google feed, which may be the reason for the difference in EPC.

Also, it depends on where the traffic is coming from. Although I can't talk for Parked, we pay more for English language traffic. So if your traffic is predominantly International, it will be better suited to other programs.

If your traffic is English language, drop your Account Rep an email and they can try and better optimize your domains with higher paying keyterms.

I've heard only good things about Fabulous the "Registrar" I never tried them out because you can only register .com, .net, .org and .info TLD'S. I'm hoping they will expand this to include CC TLD'S.

At this stage we are not looking to include any other TLD's, however, if we do, we will be sure to let everyone know.

Just out of interest, what TLD's in particular would you like to see included?

They offer the low pricing when you sign up or do you have to ask for special DNF pricing? What is their pricing?

Our current pricing structure is as follows:

COM: $6.85
INFO: $6.65
NET: $4.95
ORG: $6.65

Prices are subject to change in the event of registry, ICANN or bank fee increases. This pricing is for Monetization (wholesale) accounts only.

As a side note, I would be interested to hear from you all in regards to the areas you feel that we are lacking, in the hope that we can improve our system/program.

Feel free to post them here, or you can PM/email me directly.

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

Domain Summit 2024

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the kind words guys, greatly appreciated.

In response to various questions asked in the thread so far:

Parked have a Yahoo feed, whereas we use a Google feed, which may be the reason for the difference in EPC.

Also, it depends on where the traffic is coming from. Although I can't talk for Parked, we pay more for English language traffic. So if your traffic is predominantly International, it will be better suited to other programs.

If your traffic is English language, drop your Account Rep an email and they can try and better optimize your domains with higher paying keyterms.

Thanks for the advice I will let me rep know. FYI- I received the same results as parked.com with RevenueDirect.com and I pretty sure they are Google feed.

So hopefully my rep can look into it.

thanks!!
Rich

Ridge

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do they have private registration? I've never been able to find it.

RegFee

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I enjoy using the bulk availability tool. The 1000 domains/search limit is generous (although more would always be appreciated :) ) I like how it does the search and then shows you the results, rather than show one or two at a time like Moniker's bulk search. Also, it's nice how if you don't put an extension on the end of the name, it defaults to .com

The research tools are nice, although I'd like a slightly higher limit than 5 phrases.

The landers are beautiful, and I love how you get to pick the pictures/layout. Custom content would always be nice.

My keyword changes are always approved within a day, sometimes quicker. Once I got denied and emailed customer service with my reasoning behind the keywords. They were approved within a couple of hours.

Warrior

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Question Mike;

When you have a large # of domains and you want to search for domains beginning with lets say "M", You cant do it without trying to guess what page number to click on, Is there a better way?

If not, Is it possible to add under the search function "Begins with" ? Or offer Alphabetical links?

Mike Robertson

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately there is no way to do this at the moment Warrior, however, it's a great idea! I'll pass it on to our tech guys.

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

Warrior

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mike, If you can do that I'll transfer many more domains over. :yes:

RegFee

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do I still need to contact CS to delete domains from my account?

I like when importing domains into my account, the category selection stays in the dropdown menus after submitting one list. This is helpful when I have, for example, 10 video blackjack and 10 video poker names to import. Sure, it only takes a few seconds to select the right categories, but little things like this are always appreciated.

I just found out about the HOST link, very helpful. When a referral shows up as the actual domain I'm looking at stats for, does that mean it was a type-in?

Mike Robertson

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do I still need to contact CS to delete domains from my account?

I just found out about the HOST link, very helpful. When a referral shows up as the actual domain I'm looking at stats for, does that mean it was a type-in?

Hi RegFee,

If you would like to delete bulk domains out of your account, it's best to contact your Account Rep or support staff. Otherwise you can delete domains one by one.

In the host data, if the actual domain shows up, that means it is type-in traffic.

Let me know if there's any other questions.

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hmmmmmmm...... my credit card domains earn with fabulous earn tops $0.30 or less, but at Parked.com I earn average $2.00 per click and sometimes up to $8.00 per click. with my credit card domains? Any thoughts on this guys?

How many of you guys use Fabulous for monetized parking, anyone? Now the ones that do, have you ever compared your per clicks earning for fabulous of a particular domain name agaist the per click you received for the exact same name parked some ehere else like parked.com, revenuedirect.com, or sedo.com?

I'm sorry mike you sound like a great guy and I'm sure your domain registration aspects of Fabulous.com is one of the best and not to mention value is top notch.

You parking leaves a lot to be desired and I think your statement about you pay more for domestic traffic is very, very false at least for my domains versus parked.com and revenuedirect.com. They pay about 2-3 times more per click on domestic American traffic then you do at Fabulous. What is so frustrating to me is that your parked pages
look superior to parked.com or revenuedirect.com , but the CTR in Fabulous sucks in comparison as well as what you pay per click.

My original response to this thread was the 22nd of last month and I even migrated my poker domains over to fabulous on the suggestions of others from this thread. Unfortunately I am going to be migrating my domains back to there original parking solution because your solution simply is not cutting the cheese. (Getting the job done)

Thankfully I didn't loose my pants in this experiment with Fabulous. I only transfered a very small portion of my lower preforming domains to fabulous and if all went well I was going to slowly migrate my top performing domains over to Fabulous, but that is not going to happen.

I can only see two explanations why I would experience this with Fabulous.
1. Your domain optimizing team isn't really good at what they do? The reason I say this is because I gave you guys the domains to manage thinking I would receive a bigger percentage of clicks.
a. My CTR stinks.
b. If your team was skilled in SEO and PPC they would have already optimized the domain names with the highest paying Keyterms as you put it. Why wouldn't you, since you receive a percentage of the click. At least that what my common sense tells me.

2. You guys only payout 15% - 30 % of the generated click revenue.

or

3. The worst scenario, which I would rather not believe and is the least likely I hope. Fabulous is shaving revenue from its guys. I mean it's not unheard of, it's happened many times in the past with different affiliate sites.

Mike Robertson

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi tldrental,

Thanks for the comments.

As we have always said, Fabulous is not the best parking solution for every domain or portfolio. You will need to test your domains across different providers, some will work well with us, some won't.

In response to your concern about the CTR your domains received at Fab, as you probably know every parking company has different ways of counting, recording and reporting uniques and clicks.

At Fabulous we record impressions as the total number of views/hits your domains receive; basically, any activity a domain receives, including spiders/bots.

Whereas, uniques are the number of impressions/views your domain receives from "unique" users visiting the domain through a conventional browser; a unique is a user that has not visited that domain in the last sixty minutes.

Also, we only record one click per unique session, even if that person clicks more than one link. However, the revenue generated from all clicks is recorded in your account. This is why you often see posts at forums from people saying they have $100+ clicks on one of their gambling domains.

Can you please contact me directly with your username and the domains you tested and I can investigate further for you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mike,
Thanks I would love to follow this up with you. I have captured many screen shots comparing the domains in questions with Parked.com and revenuedirect. You will notice from the screen shot reports of most of these domains there is almost a $1 or more discrepancy between you and them, minimum discrepancy is 50% more than you. meaning if you pay me 15 cents they pay me 30 cents or more.

Particularly the hosting and credit card domains are extremely under paid.

Look at it from the website advertisers point of view who is investing money into getting traffic and using Google Adwords or Yahoo, MSN for a credit card website or a hosting website. The advertiser has to be willing to spend $3+/- a click to get displayed as a sponsored listing, in a google search. Yet you pay me $0.15 cents a click for one of these domains. I forget who your upstream provider is, but it's either google or yahoo right? So what happened to the other $2+ dollars the advertiser is paying for the click? Is it going into your pocket or the upstream provider. If it is going to your upstream provider, then why are you getting ripped off? Find a new upstream provider maybe....?

For pCreditCards.com Fabulous paid me 15 cents per click, yet Parked.com paid me around $2 per click? just seems way...way ... strange and fishy.

Below I have uploaded screen shots of my reports from Fabulous
http://tldrental.com/fabulous-reports.zip

Below are the comparisons from parked.com and revenuedirect.com
http://tldrental.com/parked-revenuedirect-comparision.zip

I will PM UN for Fabulous shortly.

Thanks for your help!

tomsa

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like the push notification :)

Mike Robertson

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the details tldrental. I have sent you a PM discussing further.

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

ck89102

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
c) I know that my account manager would reply to my emails in a timely manner which is not always the case with other parking companies; And in fact I may also contact regular support team 24/7

d) The honesty and integrity of the fabulous.com team is not questionable. I've seen a lot of examples during about 4 years of being the customer.

AGREE, agree. Fab's honesty is beyond reproach.

I have approx. 3000 names and earn a nice living from my Fab PPC revenue. My experience is that Fabulous pays dollars for clicks, not the pennies I receive when I park with Parked & SedoPro. Now it might be because of the type of names I own but I just wanted to give my 2 cents.

MacyT.

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have many of my domains at Fabulous. In my experience, they pay as well as parked. In the cases where they don't, the domains don't usually do as well when I move them (probably b/c type-in traffic isn't as high). Many of my domains have been indexed quickly and stay. Unfortunately, some of my best performers were removed from top ranking in google's rankings after a few months. I also agree that their customer service is top-notch...one of the few companies that makes me feel like it's a legitimate business.

Mike - I'd love to be able to registar co.uk with you guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators