Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

What is the best deal you have ever gotten on any domain, like a total steal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am interested in any of those magical "steal" deals that you may know about...where someone bought a domain name or website just wwwwwwaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy too cheap or someone just decided to be generous and sold someone close to them a $xxx,xxx name for like a $1000, etc...also any "close call" deals where you ALMOST got the deal of the century on a domain and what happened or why you did'nt get it...anything along these lines is welcome, feel free to bend the rules a little...no fish stories though! This will turn into a very cool and interesting thread sure to make ya drool over crazy deals and prices...wheres that guy that just bought that 3 letter .com for $450? Wheres the guy who bought the name for $500 and turned around and sold it for $xx,xxx the same week?!?!?

ALL INPUT WELCOME..

Domain summit 2024

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
about 2 months ago, I bought a package of Turkish domains...

Total Cost: $650

They made me $2500 in June, $2000 in July and are on pace for $3500 this month

mmkrulz

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I bought a domain for a i think around F$50, and than sold it for US$50 in a matter of days. :D

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was 48 hours away from buying the domain name belonging to a bankrupt company with over 1,200,000 incoming links, monstrous OT numbers and likely several tens of thousands of daily visitors, all for $10k. Couldn't get a deposit arranged long-distance over a weekend and their bankruptcy lawyers hadn't heard of Paypal etc. (this was a few years ago now). Timing was bad as if I'd found out about it a week earlier it would have been easy.

On the positive success story front, I bought a domain name that has 500 pure typeins daily and pays for itself like clockwork every 120 days.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wow, this is awesome stuff, the deals/stories dreams are made of..so what happened edwin, who got the name..what finally happened?

more stories! :eek:k:

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mmkrulz said:
I bought a domain for a i think around F$50, and than sold it for US$50 in a matter of days. :D

Bought 2 domains for FS$ , I think 200f$ total.. sold for a couple of hundred in 2 weeks. :cheeky:

insomnia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Picked up a dropped name for $200 via Pool, it gets hundereds of thousands of uniques per month and its making some sweet money on adsense ;)

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The domain I missed out on was TalkCity.com. Practically a household name at the time it went bust...

While they must be doing very well out of it, they left it a bit long before putting a new site up (I think it was something like 3-4 months) so they might have been able to do even better.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wow, insomnia...what name?

stevo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Latest one - Bought a name on this board last year for $10. Sold it last week for $1000.

nitronet

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In August of 2004, I got a domain that was a drop in auction for about $900.00.

So far in 1 year it has earned $181,000.00 in PPC revenue and is still going strong.

Just a lucky day I guess...

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nitronet said:

So far in 1 year it has earned $181,000.00 in PPC revenue and is still going strong.

I'll pay you $1000 for it...
c'mon, its an easy $100 profit on a name you arent even doing anything with :smartass:

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Got a name last year through Namewinner(when they caught names) for a couple of hundered. It made me around $2000 at sedo a month for 6 months and just recently sold it for $xx,xxx. :approve: I wish I still had it.. :smartass:

nitronet said:

Nice nitronet.

So it is making you are $15k a month. Enough to live on.. :cheeky:

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
holy sh%t...thats insane (WWF.com)...whats this 181K earning name so far ...nitro? Best $900 you ever spent dawg! :eek:k:
Goes to show you it CAN happen!

Edder

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow 181K! We're gonna have to see some stats, nitro, way to go!

I haven't really ventured into any expensive domains. A quick steal I've gotten is 30 domains for $1, then sold 'em for $15.

Oh, and maybe if you count webtechsupport.com for $30, which was first regged in '99. No. I didn't think so.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yeah dude we want stats!...and MORE posts...I just spent ALL of my DNF$ to finally add my avatar/picture...lmao..I was tired of being that @%@#$^$& smiley face! :)
One day I hand registered HardD*cks.net and turned around and sold it in less than an hour for $350 just for that one, along with some other names in a deal that totalled like $900...that was a great $9 investment! hahhaa, so I took the paypal cash and went on a registration frenzie and from ALL those names I registered about 1.5 years ago I have made about $20k from alone..in addition to all the domain "flipping" I do..

Dimva

High Traffic Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bought a domain for $30 on ebay, sold it two days later for $1000.. Good profit :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators