Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

What is the best deal you have ever gotten on any domain, like a total steal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdurni

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hopefully somewhat of a steal in progress, picked up parkingcash.com and domainparkingcash.com for 40 bucks today. Maybe nothing to it but i think parkingcash.com has some potential.

droplister

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
no real huge ppc profit, but i have some modest flips...

freeonlineproxy.com bought for 200 sold for 761 within 2 days
6n.org just bought for 350 offer of 410 received today
droplists.biz sold for $100, got it in trade for a name i hand regged.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GT, some of us make more mistakes than others..unless of course we pattern ourselves after successful people that is! Am I repeating myself? lol

edder, thanks for the kind words bro! :)

Radistar, thats cause you rock bro! Whats that unreg'd domain? heheh PM me :eek:k:

gdurni, dude..I really like the domain "parkingcash.com" would be a GREAT parking service domain imo, very memorable...developed it would be low x,xxx

droplister, dude you know I would have paid more for freeonlineproxy.com, for like the third time! nice sale dude!

Chris

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Biggest miss: Internet {{dot}} net. Offered to me for $10k (private sale) I was an idiot and countered with $9k and it was sold for 10k to someone from dnf.

Best buy? Well, I bought a name for $1200 in 1999 and was offered very high $xx,xxx for it a couple of weeks ago. I declined as it makes more than that per year. Told them I would part with it for mid $xxx,xxx. Hopefully they will contact me again soon!

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mocus said:
GT, some of us make more mistakes than others..unless of course we pattern ourselves after successful people that is! Am I repeating myself? lol

(bah)

Its the Dr. Phil of DNF

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
croupier said:
Worst miss was pokerplayer.net on dnforum. Had a BIN of $1500 and I woulda ripped his arm off at that price but for some reason I hadn't logged in for about a day and missed it :(

The damn thing had been up for 30 hours before being sold! - I missed it by 2 hours.

10k on sedo if you wanna make a bid on it LOL ! gets 13 hits a month,it was a great sale at 1500 !

SigRent.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Regged a name by change and it recieved heaps of traffic sold for $3,000 about a week later.
Its really a great feeling when things just work :)

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The best deal I ever have (not the highest sale though) is when a scumbag backed off from his sub-$100 offer to buy right here at DNForum, and in a few days, I sold the domain via a registrar's mailing list for $1,000. LOL!

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great succes stories. Maybe I'll have one eventually.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
WWF.com

Was my best and worst deal at the same time ever.

As most probably know, i got it through NW for 8.75, then sold it for "quite significally" :wink: more - thats the "best" part.

The "worst" part is - i could've sold it for at least 10 times more would i not have been in serious need of cash at that time.

Whatever - i got over it. :)

Someday i'll probably have a book written about it - or i'll tell the story to Duke :)

Btw - i'm back in the Domain game (sort of).

:)

croupier

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My best hand reg domain made me $1144 over the past 30 days :)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
*gulp* Beatz is back :-D

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
beatz...if you are as cool as your preceeding rep would suggest, (and wwf.com) we'll be great friends! Welcome back to the land of the hustle, hope to make lots of money together! :)

Chris

dote

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the best deal i got is recived a group of about 20 names for free. one of my frinds got out of the biz and he gave me all of the and some of them are making me good money with google adds
www.hotvw.com www.chq.com i got them for free, i don think i will sell them for less than xxxx each

Gregoire

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My best deal :

I regged a free .info and a few weeks later I sold it for €1000.

I took the money and preregged some .in/.co.in, and eventually grabbed 80+ names during what was my first landrush (see my sig.).

Since then I've received several $xxx offers on my .co.in names, but refused to sell.

Grégoire.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NICE! I grabbed some .in domains myself and from what I understand the two I grabbed are 2 MAJOR social/cultural subjects and will get MEGA traffic! I have already gotten $xxx offers on both of them too, not sellin 'though until I know their real value and some more indian c.c. domains are sold....more stories please! :eek:k:

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just got paid for one today from sedo $xxx , was thinking of putting it for dnf$ auction $1 last week :)

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
My best goodies:

Hand Regsitered 'StaffordLoans.com' for $10. Sold 3 weeks later for $10,000.

Best steals:

17.net - Bought for $150
Professor.net - Bought for $75
Bought (16) 2 char orgs from a guy for $65/each
NR.org - Bought for $100

and my best steal:

Coffee.net - bought for REALLY REALLY LOW XXX

-Bob

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what can I say you ARE the JEDI MASTER! HOLY SH%T! :wink:

Btw- I JUST got a crazy steal myself...private deal..I bought a domain with a partner (great friend of mine soon to be a new dnforum member) for $xxxx which has an overture rating WITH extension of like 40 and seems to get ALOT of type-ins (based on over a years stats) and is a very profitable subject/market....the old owner did not have PPC links on the site before and thus did not realize it's earning potential..more on this soon when I start raking in the PPC cash! MORE STORIES PLEASE! :)

coolblue23

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i have quite a bit of cash saved up from other businesses I have created and still run. Over 300k to spend.......if any of you top domain guys want to partner up shoot me a PM :) i am interested........

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom